• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RouteBurner

Cold and Clubs?

8 posts in this topic

I Live in Chicago. Will it harm my clubs by leaving them in my garage during winter? It is a detached garage.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I've left mine in an unheated shed all winter, but now that I have more money invested in them, I keep them in the house.  I'd hate to find a mouse nest in my bag come spring.

I always bring mine inside but it's pretty much just a mental thing I just like to know they are safe.

Originally Posted by RouteBurner

I Live in Chicago. Will it harm my clubs by leaving them in my garage during winter? It is a detached garage.

no...

The only thing that would worry me is rust from condensation if you get a temp swing where it goes from being cold to warm to cold again.

I've never broken a club in the cold, but I've shattered a bunch of golf balls when the tems drop below 32....LOL

Every time is unique..........I've split them in half, knocked the cover off, cracked them...you name it.  It's always entertaining...

The only thing you really want to do is to seal it up as tight as you can. Partly for moisture, but my main reason (I keep my clubs in the garage over winter) is so nothing gets in there. The last thing I want in the summer is to reach in a pocket or pull out a club and have a family of spiders come out to play. I always make sure all the pockets are zipped up and I even put the rain cover over the top of it.

I would be weary of the dry weather drying out your grips, but thats about it.