IGNORED

Mizuno Blades?

Domenic
Note: This thread is 4391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by mlf16507

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Both sets have a high(ish) starting bid and appear to be almost worn out. That's the risk of buying used forged irons.

Not saying these are the exact sets to buy, but check them out for ones to look for..  Also Nickent 3-DX forged or 4-DX forged would work.

I agree with the models - those MacGregors look very user friendly.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by mlf16507

Not saying these are the exact sets to buy, but check them out for ones to look for..  Also Nickent 3-DX forged or 4-DX forged would work.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to do that for me, but as Sean Miller said, they seem kinda old, I can't imagine having that new "forged" feel, which by the way, I've never even felt before. BUT Nickent is a relatively new company so I check that out 4 sure. Thanks

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Domenic,

Consider a fitting by whomever is instructing you. If you are self-taught, go to a big box and get a non-swing fitting. Get clubs that fit your body and the swing you are working towards. For example, my instructor has me 1* flat and standard length because of the swing we are working towards and my body size. If I had clubs 2* upright, I'd learn to hit them pretty straight but who knows what compensations and adjustments I'd need to make to get the square at address. Get fit for your current body and your desired swing.

A $25 set of irons that fit YOU (lie, length and weight) will be better for you and your future game than a $1000 set that do not fit you.

If you are still growing, figure that you'll need a new set in a year or two anyway. But get fit for what you look like now and you'll be able to learn a swing that is (less) free of compensations.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

• 3 months later...

SHORTY

"Good players don't use anything for looks."

If you are saying pros never choose clubs based on looks, you're absolutely wrong. Looks can affect how a player feels about the club, eg. confidence etc. It can also be a rather distraction if you think your club is ugly and this can cause pretty big damage to someone's round.

I found that miss hits with a blade type iron are less forgiving.  So the same miss hit with a blade and a GI iron will produce different results.  The blade will be shorter and potentially more off line.

That is the main reason  NOT to go to blades.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Used Forged Irons - you need to buy them from golfers who can't hit the same spot twice, or better yet don't even play.  Those damn Pro's smash in dime sized spots on the face. If duffers stop buying blades the used market would be nothing but scrap iron.

"Quick Dorthy....the oil can!"

Note: This thread is 4391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!