IGNORED

Scotch Drinkers Unite!

Ogg
Note: This thread is 5666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

'Bout time to bump this up again I think!

I'm a big fan of Balvenie: 12 yoa, 15 yoa, Doublewood, Portwood. They're all very well made.

Glenfiddich is good as is Glenlivet. I am partial to the single malts but JW Black is good and I learned to drink Scotch on JW Red.

I have an unopened bottle of 18 yoa Macallan I received as a gift when I retired from the Coast Guard. Not sure when I will open it, saving it for a "special occasion", just not sure what that will be but I'll know it when it happens.

Bag: Old Gunny Sack
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5*
Wood: G10 15.5*
Hybrid: G10 21*
Irons: Knock off Pings Wedge: CG-11 56* SW, CG-12 52* GapPutter: Rossa DaytonaGrips: Winn ExtremesBall: Water Logged

I was lucky enough to be stationed in Scotland in the Navy in 92 and we'd goto the different distilleries and taste the lovely liquid! :)

Now @ "Pete's Pub" (the name of my basement bar) I have 3 bottles of scotch
Johnny Walker Black
Johnny Walker Green (pobably my favorite JW)
Dewers almost gone.

Now, I had a Macallam(sp?) 25 after a phenominal steak dinner a few years ago that I wish I could have more of. It was perfect! Although we drank about 4 or 5 bottles of wine previous to that glass of scotch. but man it was good! Smooth and tasty!

Cigars...I'm a huge fan of Arturo Fuente :)

SiD

WITB
What's in SiD's bag

Ogio Stand Bag
Driver
910D3 9.5 set to 8.5
907D2 9.5 VS Proto Stif

f3WoodCleveland XLS 15* Stiff

Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred 4-9

Wedges Gun'd 48* & Vokey 58

Putter 34" XG #7

Johnny Walker Black is my drink, usually mixed with ginger or soda. I also love Johnny Gold, Green or Blue on the rocks, but save them for special occasions due to price.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

Johnny Walker Black is my drink, usually mixed with ginger or soda. I also love Johnny Gold, Green or Blue on the rocks, but save them for special occasions due to price.

Ever have the Green? Gotta love it! And I like a little ginger with my scotch at times too, soda as well. But I do love a nice on the rocks too!

SiD

WITB
What's in SiD's bag

Ogio Stand Bag
Driver
910D3 9.5 set to 8.5
907D2 9.5 VS Proto Stif

f3WoodCleveland XLS 15* Stiff

Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred 4-9

Wedges Gun'd 48* & Vokey 58

Putter 34" XG #7

Cigars...I'm a huge fan of Arturo Fuente :)

Fuente's are good. My cigar of choice these days are Rocky Patels. I favor the Honduran or Nicaraguan cigars as IMO they are more like Cubans. Dom Reps seem to be very harsh to me with the exception of some very expensive brands.

Irons: Knock off Pings Wedge: CG-11 56* SW, CG-12 52* GapPutter: Rossa DaytonaGrips: Winn ExtremesBall: Water Logged

"Scotch, scotch, scotch. I love scotch" lol. Ron Burgandy drinks scotch

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I'm mostly a big beer geek, but when I drink liquor it's scotch. I usually have a couple of bottles around. I don't know enough to really know what's good or not yet, but I'm continuing my research. Right now I have a bottle of Glenlivet.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

Right now I have a bottle of Glenlivet.

That would be the good stuff.

I've had scotch a few times, but still haven't developed the taste for it. Maybe in a few years. I'm still on whiskey right now.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I enjoy scotch, especially at the cigar bar... Anyways i dont have much experiance with the single malts, just the glenfidich (proabably wrong spelling) and glenlevit. Johnny black is my usually but will go gold, green or blue if the situation calls for it. I dont care for the red. I also have a bottle of chivas reserve 12yr that is in the decanter right now. Speaking of liquor anyone try some rye? Looking for a good canidate to try.

In the bag:

Burner 10.5
Rescue mid 16, 19, 22, 25
X-16 irons Forged+ Vintage 48, 54, 60 Circa 62 #3 A009125

Speaking of liquor anyone try some rye? Looking for a good canidate to try.

You can't go wrong with

Templeton Rye On a side note a buddie had a bottle of JW Blue the other night, good stuff, but I don't think you'll catch me paying $200.00 a bottle for it!
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

• 10 months later...

I have been a bourbon drinker ever since I started drinking liquor, but I recently have developed a real love for Scotch. I bought a bottle of Glenlivet and enjoyed it. Then I was out to dinner and asked the manager to recommend a Scotch to me and he brought me Highland Park...this stuff...it's just the nectar of the Gods. I went and bought a bottle of it at Binny's today. Well worth the $40 price tag.

I picked up a nice like old fashioned glass on clearance for $0.75 and I am enjoying it neat right now. I am really loving this whisky (I keep adding an "e" to whisky..." and I was hoping some of you who know Scotch better than me can throw some other brands out there for me to try.

Thanks!

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

A good start is to try whisky from the six different regions and see what kind of whisky you like best, if it is the smoky whisky of the Islay and Island or if it is the softer and sweeter Lowlands. A simple start is the Six classic malts selection which contains:
Lagavulin 16 years, Islay .
Cragganmore 12 years, Speyside .
Talisker 10 years, Islands .
Glenkinchie 10 years, Lowlands .
Oban 14 years, west Highlands .
Dalwhinnie 15 år, Highlands .

My personal favourite distillery's are (depending on the mood I'm in)
Glenmorangie,Bruichladdich, Laphroaigh. But I'm in no way locked into these three distillery's as many other whiskylovers I tend to buy more whisky than I drink.

Good luck and welcome to the correct spelling of whisky.
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 10° I-Mix 5w: Callaway X Hybrid: 21º Open CT
4-5: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 6-PW: Alpha C1 Pro
52º, 56º,60º Callaway X-Tour
Putter: Cleveland Classic 4

I have been a bourbon drinker ever since I started drinking liquor, but I recently have developed a real love for Scotch.

I still wonder when this transition will happen for me, I got into Walker for a little bit. I love bourbon but one wiff of scotch now makes my body twitch. Right now im stuck Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit until the stores get more of 20 year Van Winkle.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

Note: This thread is 5666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!