• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmanbooyaa

NO MORE clubs changes for 2012

24 posts in this topic

I have decided that I will be going into the 2012 season with the same clubs I will end the season with. No new driver, no new woods, no new irons, wedges, or putters. Enough is enough. I will be re-gripping all my clubs and hopefully won't have to again till at least September. Anyone else barring down and going to attempt to stick to their current set up? A slight caveat I am having a new shaft put into my driver before the re-gripping.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

For Shame! Good luck in the '12 season

Awards and Achievements

I'm saying exactly the same thing!! Just got new irons, woods and putter this year. Always looking for the next best thing to help my game, but in the end if I know the real reason is that I like getting new toys! Not anymore - I'm sticking with what I now have for the ENTIRE 2012 season - honest!!! ;-)

Actually, I'm trying to find a way to get RID of my clubs. I want some new sticks. somethin shiny, just so I can pound 'em into some dirt

...................but maybe that explains why I won't be getting new clubs unless I scrape together $400

I wont be buying any new clubs, but my *bench* bag is large enough that I may switch in and out some hybrids and/or wedges.

But with a new driver bought for me in August, I dont see any more club purchases unless the wife hits the lottery this year.

Awards and Achievements

Not me, new irons next month from callaway. New 5 wood as well, oh and a new child.

I made this same resolution for 2011; I made it and my game is no worse off because of it. Now that 2012 is almost here, I may be looking for a new driver this year

I hadn't planned on buying anything this year, but......  I had just bought myself a Cleveland Classic putter right before Christmas, and after playing a couple rounds with it have come to really like it.  At about the same time, I pieced together a new putter for my Dad.  I played around with it during our last round, and it's freaking awesome!!  After we got home, I promptly ordered parts to put together an identical one for myself.

So, that's it.  I have no desire to change my irons or wedges at this point.  I have several drivers that I've built up and a couple fairways that I like and can swap out when the mood strikes.

very good resolution !

there's always gonna be some new and exiting clubs coming out but you must resist. Don't waste your time and money, a set of clubs should last YEARS and new clubs will not improve your game to any great extent.

no new clubs...however, new shafts in my driver/fairway/hybrid may be different...lol

I can dig the resolution!  Sounds like a winner to me.  I MAY reshaft one of my long hybrids or short woods, but I'm not shelling out any money this year for equipment other than some Pro-V1Xs and gloves.  This set up got me knocking on a single diget handicap, and with a little bit more course time I will break through.  Enough is enough on the spending.  I am soooo over the "Hotlist", though I think it is quite usable for the beginner or transitioning player.

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/207440/width/109/height/66][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/207440/width/109/height/66[/IMG][/URL]

congratz!

Maybe a bag for me, and that's it.

Awards and Achievements

No new changes for me either.  Getting a 3-wood, which I've been missing in my bag for several years.  Other than that, I won't be changing anything... unless I can find an Odyssey Protoype putter for a great price.  No changes in irons, driver or wedges though.

I will be adding a 60* wedge and will be regripping my set, but not replacing anything currently in the bag.

... it's unbelievable how often new clubs just seem to appear in the golf bag ... or so I tell my wife who is almost as avid about golf as I am, so I can get away with it (most of the time).    I'm such a club ho & I think you're exactly right - through much trial and error, I have settled on equipment that works well for me & it's time to just focus on what I have & to hit each club well.

Trying to get rid of a couple sets of clubs. Unless something breaks, the only changes I'll make in 2012 involve rearranging what's in the basement. Regripping and lofts&lies; doesn't count.