IGNORED

Anyone else use Golfnow.com and lose all their reward points?

Vladimir Puttin'
Note: This thread is 4224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just logged onto my account and found out they did away with the old points system as of January 1, 2012 and any unused points will not be carried over.  I didn't get the e-mail explaining this and probably lost enough points for a round or two.  I can't believe I'm the only this happened to.  Any others out there?  I was thinking about sending an e-mail or calling but figured that would get me anywhere.

Vlad

I lost all of mine too, I had something like 9000pts.  The best part was they sent the email saying the points were being erased AFTER the 2011 season had ended.  Nice.

Brad

I lost mine as well but only had enough for a round at a less than nice course. I really didn't use golfnow as much because the options for only 1 player were limited. I'll use it a little this year when they have some fire deals for singles, other than that I'll be playing at my home course, I have a 7 day pass for 2012 :)

I had received an email awhile ago saying that the points were going away. Also it was on the headers of a couple of the daily emails I received. I doubt I lost anything of value because I may have used the website once over the last year or two.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I did too.  Considering it is Winter, I couldn't even use them.  Unfortunate, but I understand how this can happen when running a loyalty program.  I wasn't banking on the point anyway.

What's in my bag:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5
Fairway: Comp 15* Aldila NVS
Hybrids: 19* & 22*Irons: CG2 4-PWWedges: CG12 52*, 56*Putter: Studio Design Newport 1.5Ball: One BlackBag: GPS: SG3

• 3 weeks later...

I lost some points as well.

I was wondering if yall have read the new frequent golfer rules/faq's ?

I did and they say that in order to get status you must book 10 rounds in a calendar year(not a problem as I live in texas and have already booked/played 10 this year)

BUT my problem is that they dont have specifics and they throw in the term "qualifying rounds" ... yet they never say what qualifies and what doesn't.

to me this is troublesome cause it leaves it open for them to screw people over... and or your book times that dont qualify vs book the same time at a different course for the same amount and it somehow does qualify...  the lack of info/clarity when their new system is getting ready to start up is disturbing.

while it is not a huge deal i guess .. cause frankly even without the perks the site saves me money it just bothers me.

It may be a difference because I'm a Canadian customer, but there was no mention of 'qualifying rounds' in the email I received.

Quote:

No booking fees once you book 10 rounds in a year – this benefit has a 10-round booking requirement that has been waived for you, as one of our best customers.

That's all that was said about it in the email I received.  I haven't logged into the golfnow website in ages though (not much point until April) so there may be different wording and more restrictions I just haven't seen yet.

I was mad about losing my points since I never got to use them, but I kind of like this new rewards system.   Those booking fees really added up over the course of a season!

Brad

I did get an email about this prior to year end.  My problem is the only places that will honor the rewards points in my area are horrid and ain't within 50 miles of me.  I just use the site as a tee time service.

I use golfnow.com, but I never cared about the rewards points anyways. They're a joke! It takes forever just to get enough points to play a free round at a crappy course, let alone a decent or good course…

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

I lost about 6000 points or so. I guess I'm not too concerned about it. I am worried that they somehow feel that the $10 off Hot Deals coupon that they e-mailed me equals the 2-4 free rounds that I would've had under the old points system.

just an update...

today they launched their new rewards program.

as far as what counts .. it looks like everything... i mainly book the "hot deals" and was wondering if cause they were cheaper tee times if they didnt count. but apparently they do.

also you do get credit for 2 rounds when you book for 2 people or 3 for 3 or 4 for 4...

so anyway cause i have already done the 10 rounds required i get to book without the transaction fees... we will i guess see if those other benefits actually come true or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the free booking fees after 10 rounds is a pretty good deal.  In my area Golfnow.com has the best prices anyway, even if I had to pay the booking fee.

I'm glad they did it.  Golfnow.com is used heavily where I live because you can't get a better deal that I know about.

• 6 months later...

so i noticed they are doing some frequent player appreciation tournament...

http://www.golfnow.com/dallas/leaderboard

they have a leaderboard of most frequent golfers by area... top 18 in area get some prie pack and a free tee time /tournament...

I will likely embarrass myself as they will be like huh you play that much golf and are that bad ???  :)

just thought others that use golfnow would be interested, also curious if anyone from sandtrap will be playing with me in dallas...

• Upvote 1

so i noticed they are doing some frequent player appreciation tournament... [URL=http://www.golfnow.com/dallas/leaderboard]http://www.golfnow.com/dallas/leaderboard[/URL] they have a leaderboard of most frequent golfers by area... top 18 in area get some prie pack and a free tee time /tournament... I will likely embarrass myself as they will be like huh you play that much golf and are that bad ???  :) just thought others that use golfnow would be interested, also curious if anyone from sandtrap will be playing with me in dallas...

I didn't know this.... Just checked and I'm number 4 in the Orlando market! Thks! Looks like I'm playing in a free tournament in October. :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED....I accidentally booked a tee time for the wrong date and called the course to cancel within 2 minutes of booking. Emerson golf course was kind enough to cancel my reservation and changed the tee time for no additional cost and also willing to give me the same price I would of received through golfnow.com. Golfnow refuses to refund the $6 booking fee they tacked onto my reservation which I am normal happy to pay because of the deals I have received through golfnow in the past. Golfnow is now willing to lose a lifetime customer over $6 lousy dollars....real professional. I waive $300 fees for my clients just to keep up customer relations because I understand that mistakes happen but keeping my clients happy is the way my business has thrived over the years with repeat business and referrals, but golfnow can not bring themselves to refund $6 to keep a growing business. They are obviously in this for the short run and have no plans for longterm success. I hope this site really enjoys my $6 because it is the last they will ever get from me. It is clear they have not developed a strategic business plan for success.

Originally Posted by pshirinian

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED....I accidentally booked a tee time for the wrong date and called the course to cancel within 2 minutes of booking. Emerson golf course was kind enough to cancel my reservation and changed the tee time for no additional cost and also willing to give me the same price I would of received through golfnow.com. Golfnow refuses to refund the $6 booking fee they tacked onto my reservation which I am normal happy to pay because of the deals I have received through golfnow in the past. Golfnow is now willing to lose a lifetime customer over $6 lousy dollars....real professional. I waive $300 fees for my clients just to keep up customer relations because I understand that mistakes happen but keeping my clients happy is the way my business has thrived over the years with repeat business and referrals, but golfnow can not bring themselves to refund $6 to keep a growing business. They are obviously in this for the short run and have no plans for longterm success. I hope this site really enjoys my $6 because it is the last they will ever get from me. It is clear they have not developed a strategic business plan for success.

Some businesses feel so secure that they forget who is really providing their profits....

I should ask, though, did you call them or email them? I've usually been able to get refunds when I call on things like this quite easily.... But sometimes you run into a whopper, like a cable company..... So is Golfnow like the cable company?

Or,,, dare I ask.... did you call them and immediately begin an assault? :-p <--- I'm just asking..... hehe

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

You booked though golf now. You called the course and they changed the time for you giving you the same golf now discounted price. I'm missing something. Why do you feel that golf now owes you a refund?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

You booked though golf now. You called the course and they changed the time for you giving you the same golf now discounted price.

I'm missing something. Why do you feel that golf now owes you a refund?

Yeah.... that didn't occur to me when I read it first.....

That would be like buying, for example, a hammer... the hammer breaks... You take it back and get an exchange for a new hammer with no additional cost. Then you proceed to ask for your money back after the exchange.....

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

Note: This thread is 4224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!