IGNORED

Hybrids.

Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Jmdmbike

Tried a lot of different hybrids until I found the Nickent 4DX. Neutral set up, so not nearly as prone to hooks as many hybrids were for me. Seemed to be a harder to find the "right" one than any other club in the bag.

I second that.

I have a 3DX DC 3h and a 3DX RC 4h and they are awesome. Took a while for me to learn how to hit them well but I love them now. Really solid feeling clubs.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Fairways and Hybrids are the toughest decisions in my bag.

I've had success with the Bobby Jones Workshop in 25 and 30. Any lower in loft and that club is just too small at a longer length for me. Also, with all of the adjustable clubs out there, I think one ought to give those a try -- the more you can fiddle with the most troublesome clubs in the bag, the better.

Recently, I added a Titleist 910H in 27 deg - it's a nice club - I have the weight kit and changed the bottom weight to a slightly heavier weight. I like the feel -- it is more of a metallic tink like the Bobby Jones - which I like ... a lot. So I'm thinking of a 24 to adjust to 23, and changing the 27 to a 28 - and adjust from there.

I would say - Demo - get in a LM and/or range that has demos and go after it.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Recently, I added a Titleist 910H in 27 deg - it's a nice club - I have the weight kit and changed the bottom weight to a slightly heavier weight. I like the feel -- it is more of a metallic tink like the Bobby Jones - which I like ... a lot. So I'm thinking of a 24 to adjust to 23, and changing the 27 to a 28 - and adjust from there.

Mr. Desmond, when you picked up your 910, did you by chance try the910F-d? i've been pondering this as i like the deeper face...can't seem to find a shop around that has it (i've tried 2 different golf galaxy's).

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

The only hybrid I have liked as well as my Nickent 4Dx is Sonartec.  You can used on e-bay as they no longer are making Sonartec.,but they have in Japan and coming to USA-Royal Collection... http://www.rc-golf.com/main/

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

• 10 months later...

Compared the 909H to the F in 21 and a 909 in 18(?) maybe on the launch monitor?

Ended up going for the 909H 21, but regret not getting that deeper face.

Because when Im tired or falling apart, it’s hard to tag that ball!

If I’m swinging hard, strong and accurate, damn, it is  a sweet club.

******** has many used ones for about 70 bucks and the 910s are about 100, depending on condition.

Originally Posted by johnclayton1982

I use the Razr X hybrids from Callaway.  I think they are great.  The shafts, especially, make it really easy to get the ball in the air.

I play hybrids 4-6 irons, and it has really helped my game.  I used to use the cobra rail-h hybrids, which were OK, but lofted way too strong (4 iron 21*?) to be good - they didn't fit with my iron set.

Anyway, give the Razr X hybrids a try.  Another really plus is price - you can get them on callway preowned (and know they arn't counterfeit or damaged) for about $55 in average condition.  Mine were $61 in average condition and play and look great for that price.

+1

I've had 3 different hybrids and my current one is a Callaway RazrX 3h (21 deg).   I absolutely love it!   It does get the ball in the air real easy and the distance is very long compared to it's predecessors.

I've heard good things about the Adams hybrids but haven't hit one.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

I would contact the manufacturers and see if they will do a metal shaft as an upgrade. I checked the Titleist and Adams sites, and they didn't offer any metal shafts as custom options.

Wet Doggg has plenty of company in swinging hybrids either built or refitted with metal shafts.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Originally Posted by Gioguy21

Mr. Desmond, when you picked up your 910, did you by chance try the910F-d? i've been pondering this as i like the deeper face...can't seem to find a shop around that has it (i've tried 2 different golf galaxy's).

Did not see this at the time.

Answer: No, I don't have the swing speed to get that deep face in the air except off the tee. :-)

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• 7 months later...

Old thread -

Just bought my first hybrid......I keep hearing they are more consistent to hit than long irons.

I was having trouble with my 4i, everything else (5i on down, Fairway woods and driver) is really nice.  But 4i was not consistent.  So, picked up the 4/24 hybrid, same model as my fairway woods (great clubs, great feel).  And a grip to get that aspect right too.

we'll see.......So far, just comparing the 4i vs the 4h in the store, the 4h seemed more forgiving.

One problem - the very first hit with the 4h was PURE - it flew straight down the center to my 5w distance (~225/230).......

other than that, it filled the yardage gap I wanted my 4i to fill (205-210) very nicely and seemed more consistent.  Even with hits off of heel and toe.....And much of it was annoyance with the slim grip on the club, I believe.  With that mental bit out of the way, early indicators are I'll really like this club.

I think the 4i is going in the trunk to make room in my bag.

Bill - 

• 4 weeks later...

After how shall i say swallowing my pride and realizing i suck at hitting my 3 & 4 irons, i picked up a few hybrids..  first i picked up a Taylormade 5 hybrid , then i picked up from Golf Galaxy two Nike Vrs hybrids 3 & 4's and then today i picked up a taylormade 2 hybrid..    the taylormade hybrids i got for 75$ each, and the Nike's i got for 130$$

And after going to the driving range today and hitting several buckets of balls and really working on hitting the hybrids i feel it's money well spent..   I was hitting all of the hybrids very well..

It is what it is

I don't know why one has to swallow pride in going from iron to hybrid.  If pros are doing it, if it helps your golf game, and if you get more joy out of playing golf b/c of switching to hybrid, what makes it humiliating to switch?   I am sure when players switched from persimmon woods to metal woods, many felt the same way.   Now, no one will think of using persimmon woods instead of metal ones.   Ditto for the driver.  Ditto for going from regular putters to broomstick putters.   Ditto for using GPS.   Ditto for riding cart (cart didn't exist when golf was invented).   Either you go with progress or get left behind.   Don't fell bad about switching, or criticize ones who made the jump before you did.  Ok, enough ranting for the day.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Originally Posted by David L Yskes

After how shall i say swallowing my pride and realizing i suck at hitting my 3 & 4 irons, i picked up a few hybrids..

What insanity is this?

I don't remember Phil Mickelson or any PGATour  player claiming to have "swallowed their pride" when using hybrids.

If they use clubs that make the game easier why can't we?

I know that a lot of people seem to think that other players care what's in another player's bag, but seriously....

Imagine playing in a PoAm - You notice the pro you're with has one or two hybrids, as so many (most) of them do and saying to the pro - " I have to admit I'm a little embarrassed, I've given up on long irons and use hybrids now."

You'd be looked at as if you were from another planet.

How could you THINK it, let alone write it here?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I bought a Titleist 913h 19* and a matching 913F 3 wood. I tend to close the clubface on them and hit a hook but if I take my time and setup correctly, they are awsome.

DLX cart bag...white/red

R1
913F 15*

913H 19*

G25s 4 iron - U wedge

CG 14 Black Pearl 56* -  60*

... KOMBI 35" 

...ProV1

Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!