IGNORED

Why are there so many push cart haters?

Note: This thread is 2862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I do not understand either.  My father has very, very bad knees....he is going to be 65 this fall and plays 3-5 days per week.  He rides quite a bit....but, when we play and its hot enough outside that his knees do not hurt.....we walk.  I carry a light Callaway bag with Izzo straps, at 36 I can still do that no big deal.....in 20 years?  If I walk, I will probably use a cart.....if people bag on me for using a cart....well, then I guess I do not care....especially when I turn in a sub-80 score!

I like to walk as much as possible....I just feel that it lets me experience the course in a more personal way!

I walk and carry my bags ~99% of the time.  When I do use a push cart (and yes, I do own one but hardly ever use it), I find it more troublesome as I cannot always walk straight to my target (e.g., due to native grass, greens, etc.) as I would like.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

My feelings exactly! The steering committee is looking into it Getting it changed, we'll see how that goes:(.  Craziest thing I've ever heard of. I've actually told the club I'd pay the $6 to use my own push cart but to no avail.

I'm 30 and in good shape and I proudly use a push cart.  I haven't run into any haters at the places but my younger friends all still want to carry their old high school bags it seems.  I've yet to convert anyone.

Another of my favorite advantages for using a push cart is that I find it makes playing in the rain much, much more pleasant.  My clicgear holds the umbrella for me and I can stay under it at all times until I'm ready to make my shot.

R9 Driver and 17* 4 wood
mizuno.gif MX-23 (5-PW)
CG16 52*, 58*

White Ice #7

For me (I'm 26) it's a no brainer. I use a clicgear 3.0. I play a lot of golf in the summer time. Carrying your bag sucks when you are walking ~4 miles. I want to be able to load up the bag with a bunch of whatever and just head out there, not stressing about keeping my bag light. Plus my scorecard is always right in front of me, my drink is a reach away, if it's crappy out my umbrella is held for me, on mellow downhills I can just let it roll down the hill....

And the cart has paid for itself just in the riding fees I would normally spend in a few summer months.

Anyone who hates on push carts is ignorant. Just play golf!

BTW, I just got my Red Clicgear cart the other day.  Haven't used it on the course yet, but it works great pushing my bag around the house :)

The only negative is the way my dividers are set up in my cart bag.  They were obviously designed the exact opposite way of how I now want to arrange my clubs.  I'm going to have to get creative.

"take a couple weeks off - then quit for good"

- X-460 Tour 10.5 Fujikura Stiff
- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons
- Vokey 52 + 55deg wedges
- 900 60deg Low Bounce - Studio Design 1.5 - Pro V1x - SG4Sun Mountain Carry and Great Divider Cart Bags.

I was in the market for a nice push cart and really liked the Clicgear 3.0 but thought it was a little too expensive. I ran across a post about the CaddyTek 15.2 @ TGW.com for $99. So I got one. I've used it several times and absolutely love it! And it fits my stand bag perfectly! I highly recommend this cart.

http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/21353/refScid/1127

Phillip

In the past I've used a push cart and heard "beef" on using one and I've never seen what is wrong with it. Mostly now I'm carrying my bag for multiple reasons. It helps me enjoy the game, take in the views of the course, and prepare mentally for what I'm gonna do on my next shot. That's why I carry.

-Moose

This may be a dumb question, but do cart bags work well on push carts?

I am considering getting a push cart this season.  In the past I almost always rode.  I got plenty of exercise elsewhere.  From now on, I "need" more exercise and saving a little money not riding never hurts...

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

Originally Posted by Gresh24

This may be a dumb question, but do cart bags work well on push carts?

Yes ... push carts are designed to fit cart bags and work quite nicely. Stand bags, otoh, tend to shift because of the stand mechanism on the back of the bag. I suffered through this the last few seasons, but have since treated myself to a cartbag.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Originally Posted by WWBDD

Yes ... push carts are designed to fit cart bags and work quite nicely. Stand bags, otoh, tend to shift because of the stand mechanism on the back of the bag. I suffered through this the last few seasons, but have since treated myself to a cartbag.

Thanks.  That explains why some push carts I have been looking at have "special slots" for stand bags (mechanisms), and claim to work well with stand bags.  I misinterpreted that to mean they were primarily designed for stand/carry bags.

Originally Posted by PhillyMac

I was in the market for a nice push cart and really liked the Clicgear 3.0 but thought it was a little too expensive. I ran across a post about the CaddyTek 15.2 @ TGW.com for $99. So I got one. I've used it several times and absolutely love it! And it fits my stand bag perfectly! I highly recommend this cart.

http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/21353/refScid/1127

Thanks for the link.  That looks nice and at a great price.  Do you see any reason it wouldn't work just as well for a cart bag?

Used my clicgear for the first time today. I'm simply amazed at how good the experience was. First the clicgear is a great Cart, but honestly I could see any good cart being a great experience. Only negative is that my cart bag dividers were designed for a riding cart, so they are essentially backwards. Small nitpick, but a new sun mountain sync bag would fix that problem :) Otherwise, I can't understand why anyone would choose to carry or even ride... But each to their own.

"take a couple weeks off - then quit for good"

- X-460 Tour 10.5 Fujikura Stiff
- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons
- Vokey 52 + 55deg wedges
- 900 60deg Low Bounce - Studio Design 1.5 - Pro V1x - SG4Sun Mountain Carry and Great Divider Cart Bags.

Originally Posted by Gresh24

Thanks for the link.  That looks nice and at a great price.  Do you see any reason it wouldn't work just as well for a cart bag?

Most Push/Pull really cater towards the cart bag, but I have found that the ClicGear and Caddytek are made to support both the cart and stand bags. So yes, it will be no problem at all supporting your cart bag. You can't beat the price on the Caddytek! I used it again today and walked 18 holes! I love it!

Phillip

Quote:

Most Push/Pull really cater towards the cart bag, but I have found that the ClicGear and Caddytek are made to support both the cart and stand bags. So yes, it will be no problem at all supporting your cart bag. You can't beat the price on the Caddytek! I used it again today and walked 18 holes! I love it!

Thanks again!  I was going to rent a push cart for the first part of the season to see if I liked them, but at that price and with a good endorsement, I may just pull the trigger on one of those.

I found it on ebay for $78 shipped!

• 1 year later...
At my homecourse the serious golfers (men's club guys) mostly all have a nice Clicgear pushcart usually with a 64 ounce diet coke in the cup holder:) The newbies and guys to avoid getting behind use motorized carts. The high school and college team guys sometimes carry but most use pushcarts. So at least for my home course having a Clicgear pushcart is kind of a status symbol that you don't suck at golf.

Originally Posted by rtylerg

At my homecourse the serious golfers (men's club guys) mostly all have a nice Clicgear pushcart usually with a 64 ounce diet coke in the cup holder:) The newbies and guys to avoid getting behind use motorized carts. The high school and college team guys sometimes carry but most use pushcarts. So at least for my home course having a Clicgear pushcart is kind of a status symbol that you don't suck at golf.

I'd echo this, with the proviso that our ladies and older gents tend to take it a step further and have motorized push carts powered by a car battery. There are two guys with the whole hog remote-controled jobbies that trundle off down the fairway on their own and then circle back like obedient dogs when they want to play a shot. Those bug me on some philosophical level -- I'm just not ready for sapient golf bags. All our juniors and younger sticks carry. Definitely a point of pride. Riding carts are almost exclusively for tourists and big golf days when they're flogged to the organizers as an add-on.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I see the motorized push carts advertised in all the UK golf magazines but have yet to see one in a store or on a course here in NY.  I guess it's a European thing or golf carts are just more common here.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 2862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!