IGNORED

TRUE Shoes, Barefoot, and More

Note: This thread is 2248 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now saw this thread.  I got some true tours a couple weeks ago and have played 45 holes in them so far.  I'm a big fan of them.  My only complaint is that after walking a long 18 holes on thursday, my arches were pretty sore.  They're still even a little sore today.  I'm assuming this is mostly due to my feet being weak from using shoes with arch support all my life.  Anyway, these are the first golf shoes I've ever had where my toes weren't killing me after walking 18 holes.  I love them for that.  I've got some friends that might be looking into them too now.

edit:

I also wanted to mention that I ordered mine on a monday morning with the free shipping and got them on tuesday!  It helps that I only live one state away from where they shipped from, but I thought that was pretty awesome.  For size, I ordered the same size as all of my shoes (10.5) and they feel like the right size for me.

Walked 9 with them in a Par 3 course. Was a little loose still even with the laces tightened, so I got some pads to put under the tongue of the shoe, and this was enough to secure my feet in while giving me plenty of room in the toe box and keeping the same feel underneath my feet.

With the True Tours, I stay in balance much better and when I do go off balance, my feet are able to tell me why. Great shoe, and will take them out for a full 18 hole course this upcoming weekend!

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

I walked two days at the Masters in my tours.  I bet I walked 8-10 miles per day in them and my feet could not be happier.  I had no issues at all.  Of course I have been wearing my TRUEs on the course for about a year though.  Just thought I would post how 20 miles in TRUEs worked for me.

great article ... thanks for sharing ... now to order my new TrueLinks.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

A quick review from todays round. It was pouring 60% of the round and the course was wet . There was so much casual water you could hardly call it casual anymore. Really sogging wet fairways all over the place I wore my True Linkswear Tour shoes, which are waterproof. After 4 rounds, my feet were a little wet from sweat and water coming in from above, but the shoes worked great. They are not very high around the ancles, but I didn't get water in there, even though we were standing in a puddle on every second shot. Most are sceptical to playing golf without spikes. It was unheard of until a couple(s) of years ago. Today you will not get me out on the course with spikes if I can't help it, it's as simple as that. I hit shots from uphill, downhill and sidehill lies without experience a single slipping issue. Not once through the entire round. I once slipped a little when walking, but that was due to wet mud and a pretty severe slope. I was worried myself it wouldn't work out in the rain, but all my doubts went out the window today. The shoes are great, but still got lots of room for improvement in my opinion. Both in design and fit. They are really wide, though I don't know exactly why they did that when you can't tie them up a whole lot. I've also got a pair of Ashworths without spikes that I wear when it's not raining. They fit really good and feel great. I've already ordered a second pair of True's and might try some Ecco's one day. I have great experience with Ecco shoes outside of golf. These types of shoes is really a revelation for me. I've never been particularly happy with golf shoes before. They are too heavy and chunky. I want more focus on comfort.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How are the blue soles/sides on the PHX's holding up? Stained from damp grass? Clean up easily?

My Ecco Bioms with lime green soles/sides stain and are a bear to get even close to clean.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

If I like the styles equally, are the Stealths worth the extra $50? Is the leather that much better/softer? What other things make it worth the extra $50.

I have 2011 Tours. I'm looking to buy a my third TL pair and would like help choosing.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

If I like the styles equally, are the Stealths worth the extra $50? Is the leather that much better/softer? What other things make it worth the extra $50.

I have 2011 Tours. I'm looking to buy a my third TL pair and would like help choosing.

Well, they updated the leather in the Tours for 2012, so I am going to stick with them, and not the Stealth. And the PHX for the summer, may work in hot, dry weather.

Good luck.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator

The PHX are about half a size larger. I wear a 10.5 in Tours and Stealths and a 10, ideally, in PHX.

I like them all, but my favorite - the sweet spot, I feel - are the Tours.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I walked 18 with my True Tours yesterday, and had no soreness in my feet or legs afterwards or today. Thumbs up!

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

• 4 weeks later...
I just got my True Tours. How long does it take for the new shoe odor to off gas? I am assuming that is the waterproofing. I put them on the porch for a couple of days. It has been pouring here in Boston, so I haven't had a chance to use them.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Tour Linkswear Stealths 2012: Just got my Stealths (White/Mud) and they are super comfortable. Much softer leather than my 2011 Tours. The toe box is still feels plenty wide even as they look less wide in the toe. I have come to love the spread toes feel of my tours. Much easier to get on -- slip foot into the shoe --  than the 2011 Tours which can be awkward to get on. So, my 2011 Tours were the most comfortable golf shoes I've ever owned and they have lost that honor to their cousins, the 2012 Stealths.

My only wish so far is that the shoe laces were something other than cotton (or whatever they are). These white laces will get dirty and since the Stealths are waterproof, I expect to wear them in the rain. The good news is it looks like it will be easy to find replacement laces -- unlike some Ecco laces which are odd thicknesses. The leather looks like it will clean up easily and shine up well.

These Stealths will replace my first generation Ecco Biom white/lime shoes which are also comfortable, but do not have barefoot feel, and are too odd (the lime green soles) to wear when I am a guest at a fancy club without feeling funny. And I love being a guest at fancy clubs.

BTW, ordered direct from True Linkwear and deliver only took two days from order to my door.

I've played two rounds in True Tours and they are very comfortable.  I need to re-calibrate my AimPoint technique with the lower heel though.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I've had the PHX for a couple of months now and my only complaint is that they get hot from time to time.  I would love to see a pair that breathes a little more for the summer time.  But I still prefer them over any other of my shoes though my adidas come a close second.

True Linkswear=most comfortable golf shoe I've ever worn. Love them. Ecco Street Premiere=Terrible blisters for me and others. Some people really like them.
  • Upvote 1

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Note: This thread is 2248 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!