• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com (or both) to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sand trap - dropping options

3 posts in this topic

hi guys, when in a bunker be it a fairway or greenside what options do we have if we declare the ball unplayable?

i know we can go back to the place we last played (outside the bunker),

can we take the two club rule? (droping within the bunker)

and thirdly the one im really not sure on, is - can we take the flag stick and ball line straight back as far as want? again dropping in the bunker and not outside of it?

I have been watching Golf rules in action and it confused me a bit with its explanation .

thanks alot for any responses! Happy golfing

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

If the player deems his ball to be unplayable, he must, under penalty of one stroke :

a. Proceed under the stroke and distance provision of Rule 27-1 by playing a ball as nearly as possible at the spot from which the original ball was last played (see Rule 20-5 ); (this may be outside the bunker)

b. Drop a ball behind the point where the ball lay, keeping that point directly between the hole and the spot on which the ball is dropped, with no limit to how far behind that point the ball may be dropped; (this must be in the bunker)

c. Drop a ball within two club-lengths of the spot where the ball lay, but not nearer the hole . (this must be in the bunker)

If the unplayable ball is in a bunker , the player may proceed under Clause a, b or c. If he elects to proceed under Clause b or c, a ball must be dropped in the bunker .

thanks for the fast reply rules man much appreciated!