IGNORED

Bubba Watson Bought a New Car

Chilli Dipper
Note: This thread is 3154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Our friend Bubba was in attendance at the Barrett-Jackson car auction in Scottsdale this weekend, and, well, he found something to bid on.

x2_a8747c5

To be fair, it is his dream car.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

That car screams Bubba. It would work for Boo too! Plenty of room in the trunk for a Budweiser Staff Bag.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Golf Channel posted on facebook that he made the winning bid for the "Original" General Lee for $110,000.   Also known as Lee 1.  The went through a ton of those cars because they kept crashing them.  Apparently Lee 1 was found in a junkyard and someone restored it.  I can't believe it only cost him $110,000.    Which is why I was skeptical but I looked it up and it turns out its true.  I had dukes of hazzard pajamas, lunchbox and trash can as a kid, so I am very jealous!  Bubba, you've got to let me take it for a spin.

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Can't say I'm envious of him, but that car is extremely Bubba.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Golf Channel posted on facebook that he made the winning bid for the "Original" General Lee for $110,000.   Also known as Lee 1.  The went through a ton of those cars because they kept crashing them.  Apparently Lee 1 was found in a junkyard and someone restored it.  I can't believe it only cost him $110,000.    Which is why I was skeptical but I looked it up and it turns out its true.  I had dukes of hazzard pajamas, lunchbox and trash can as a kid, so I am very jealous!  Bubba, you've got to let me take it for a spin.

Would be fun to pull up to Torrey Pines this week in that bad boy!! :D

Originally Posted by jamo

To say the least, I am! Sweet car!  I've also seen a golf cart done like the General Lee somewhere, can't remember exactly where.

Originally Posted by Beau F

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamo

To say the least, I am! Sweet car!  I've also seen a golf cart done like the General Lee somewhere, can't remember exactly where.

Bubba's golf cart.

m268a.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Betcha it goes back on sale at next year's auction ... as "the car owned by Bubba:".Looks like a full roll cage in there and cars like that are just not comfortable on the street, especially when your passengers conk their heads getting in and out.That's the right car for jumping hills and filming the TV show,  but a copy with just the paint and a rumbling VB is what you want for the drive-in burger stops.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Bubba's golf cart.

Uh-oh.  If that's his golf cart, could this be Bubba's next caddie?:

Jethro: "I knows Miss Hathaway, I done telled Bubba to keep his lead arm straight, but he don't listen."

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

Our friend Bubba was in attendance at the Barrett-Jackson car auction in Scottsdale this weekend, and, well, he found something to bid on.

You won't be laughing when he drives it on over to France and jumps that arch!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• 2 weeks later...

Bubba

Quote:

Bubba Watson showed up to the Phoenix Open in style on Wednesday. Watson, with NASCAR driver Carl Edwards riding shotgun, arrived in the original General Lee car used in the "Dukes of Hazzard" television series.

Note to Bubba: That car is not set up for street driving. Human skulls (or most bones for that matter) are not designed to do very well in impacts with roll cages.  (Even when padded they are dangerous.)

Bill

Youd expect a guy named Bubba to drive a car like that.  Its not my style and I wouldnt be caught dead in the General Lee but Im glad Bubba likes it and I hope he enjoys the car.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• 2 weeks later...

Bubba thought he might get a chance to take a lap around Phoenix International Raceway, but Was Denied by NASCAR

Quote:

"The image of the Confederate flag is not something that should play an official role in our sport as we continue to reach out to new fans and make NASCAR more inclusive," said NASCAR and former LPGA spokesman David Higdon in a statement Friday.

Watson, playing in the Northern Trust Open this week, was disappointed with the decision.

"Two days ago, they called my manager and said we can't do it, that NASCAR pulled the plug on it," Watson said, according to the Associated Press.

"They said the reason was the Confederate flag on top. I understand if I was using it in that form. But I bought because it's (number) 01, from the TV show, and who doesn't want a car that's been jumped (in a TV stunt)? The TV show was about moonshining, driving in the backwoods in those days."

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 3 years later...

Over the last week, that car depreciated approximately 99%.

Note: This thread is 3154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!