IGNORED

Bubba Watson Bought a New Car

Chilli Dipper
Note: This thread is 3154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There is a huge thread about this already.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[IMG]http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/7/8/9/6/a2120578-152-beating-a-dead-horse.jpg[/IMG] It's not a historical artifact; it's a prop from a TV show. Let him do whatever he wants with it.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Let's get some perspective here:  he's a golfer and it's a car.  If he disappointed some kids at a cancer hospital that'd be one thing but repainting a car?  It just doesn't register on my give-a-shit-o-meter.

• Upvote 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

As soon as he runs for a position on the NAACP, or political office, then I'll give it 'slightly' more attention and outrage

or if he uses the car as one of his 14 clubs in his bag

he gets as much respect for political stuff from me as do actors, singers, baseball players, and window washers - they get their respect for being excellent at what they do, not just bumper sticker social/political sentiment

at this golf time, he's a golf golfer

Bill - 

Looney Tunes did a good job with their Golden Collection episodes.  They had Whoopi Goldberg discuss the time and atmosphere of the era that the cartoons were made in.  They said that the cartoons were a product of their time and display ethnic and racial prejudices that were common in our culture.  Goes on to say that they were wrong but that they will not change them because it would be misrepresentative of history, and that they did exist.

My personal belief is that the confederate flag has a place, that place is in a museum.  If you have a confederate flag as an individual or even a business owner that is your right, I may not agree with it but that is ok.  If you are a government agency, property, etc you should not fly the confederate flag.  That is just my belief.  That being said, I don't think he should repaint the car and I don't think they should have pulled the reruns of Dukes of Hazard off of the air.

• Upvote 1

As soon as he runs for a position on the NAACP, or political office, then I'll give it 'slightly' more attention and outrage

or if he uses the car as one of his 14 clubs in his bag

he gets as much respect for political stuff from me as do actors, singers, baseball players, and window washers - they get their respect for being excellent at what they do, not just bumper sticker social/political sentiment

at this golf time, he's a golf golfer

Not to mention that it's a collector car and to change the paint job kills much of the value.  It's entertainment memorabilia, leave it be.  He isn't trying to make a statement, he's just got a neat toy.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

It was less than two months ago. He's had two majors, a WGC and the start of the playoffs since then. I realize he's not painting it himself, but it's probably something he doesn't have time to deal with right now.

true it has been only about 2 months but if he cared enough to make a statement or mention that he is going to change it to show he is not a racist or bigot, wouldn't he want to get it done quickly? I just find it ridiculous that he "cared" enough about it to say he was going to change it but isn't really going to change it. Its a very political thing for someone to state they believe a certain thing and then do nothing to actually prove it. It would be the stupidest thing for him to change it cause he has spent over 100k on the car and changing the flag will significantly decrease the value of the car. Even stupider than him saying he would change it and not then not change it.

I would expect, and hope, that someone has talked to him about vinyl-wrapping the roof.  He could put any design he wants on there for a couple hundred and it will peel away if he ever wants to re-sell it (but not on amazon or ebay!).

Let's get some perspective here:  he's a golfer and it's a car.  If he disappointed some kids at a cancer hospital that'd be one thing but repainting a car?  It just doesn't register on my give-a-shit-o-meter.

Funny :) I believe people that don't like Bubba will use this to pile on and people that generally like Bubba will not care. For me it is a non-issue.

My personal belief is that the confederate flag has a place, that place is in a museum.  If you have a confederate flag as an individual or even a business owner that is your right, I may not agree with it but that is ok.  If you are a government agency, property, etc you should not fly the confederate flag.  That is just my belief.  That being said, I don't think he should repaint the car and I don't think they should have pulled the reruns of Dukes of Hazard off of the air.

On the flip side, a lot of people died for what that flag stood for & there are a lot of relatives that still fly it all these years later for that very reason.   To be clear, I'm not one of them at all, but if I was ... I would probably feel differently than most that have outspoken opinions and didn't have "skin in the game" as some of those who lost relatives may have.  As for Bubba ... heck yeah - it's THE GENERAL LEE - my favorite car growing up - leave it be

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Funny :)

I believe people that don't like Bubba will use this to pile on and people that generally like Bubba will not care. For me it is a non-issue.

You would be at least partially incorrect then.  I would identify as one of those who is not a fan of him (not going to say I don't like him because I've never met him) but I couldn't give 1/32 of a shit about this.

I also object to the implication from the OP that him not having followed through with this task (how do you know this by the way??) means he lied.  Perhaps he just changed his mind because he realized it was a silly idea and nobody really cared.

I believe that Bubba is about 3,432nd on the list of PGA Tour players who would be calculated enough to have the foresight to lie about something like that just for PR points, while also realizing that by the time people noticed he had lied it would be long since blown over.

You would be at least partially incorrect then.  I would identify as one of those who is not a fan of him (not going to say I don't like him because I've never met him) but I couldn't give 1/32 of a shit about this. I also object to the implication from the OP that him not having followed through with this task (how do you know this by the way??) means he lied.  Perhaps he just changed his mind because he realized it was a silly idea and nobody really cared. I believe that Bubba is about 3,432nd on the list of PGA Tour players who would be calculated enough to have the foresight to lie about something like that just for PR points, while also realizing that by the time people noticed he had lied it would be long since blown over.

Yeah, it seems like a knee jerk reaction to immediately say so and so lied when they say they are going to do something and then don't follow through with it. People changes their minds sometimes or circumstances prevent them from doing what they intended to do initially.

If it is true that he didn't change it, then hats off to him. The PC police in this country sicken me, and there is no valid reason to ban the confederate flag. There have been many racial shootings on both sides, perhaps we should ban all symbols of black power due to the shooting of the two reporters??!?

If it is true that he didn't change it, then hats off to him. The PC police in this country sicken me, and there is no valid reason to ban the confederate flag. There have been many racial shootings on both sides, perhaps we should ban all symbols of black power due to the shooting of the two reporters??!?

And what symbols of "black power" do you see?  I'll wait........

Because there are none that are used for hate.

Some idiot, no talent reporter with a chip on his shoulder about being gay couldn't sue his employers for that type of discrimination.  He fell back on the race card because he had no case.  He decides to find an excuse to take revenge on one of the employers he felt did him wrong by using the SC shooting.  A coward kills 2 people......and it has NOTHING to do with race.  It is more about him not being comfortable in his skin.........

Yeah, it seems like a knee jerk reaction to immediately say so and so lied when they say they are going to do something and then don't follow through with it.

People changes their minds sometimes or circumstances prevent them from doing what they intended to do initially.

Someone probably saw what he said, say a person who knows more about car collections, and told him he would be an imbecile if he painted it over from a value standpoint alone.

The confederate flag IS offensive in my opinion, and I do not like it.  My heart feels a bit of darkness when we come into Florida and the first thing welcoming you is a gigantic confederate flag flying by the interstate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGoosen

Funny :)

I believe people that don't like Bubba will use this to pile on and people that generally like Bubba will not care. For me it is a non-issue.

You would be at least partially incorrect then.  I would identify as one of those who is not a fan of him (not going to say I don't like him because I've never met him) but I couldn't give 1/32 of a shit about this.

Make that two of us.  I'm not a fan of him at all, but this incident doesn't color my appreciation (or lack thereof) either way.  Actually, I was hoping he'd tell all the whiners to pound sand and leave it the way it is.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Note: This thread is 3154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!