Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theboom

Aldila Proto VS?

4 posts in this topic

Has anybody hit this shaft?

I have been demo-ing the new Nike Sumo with the Proto stiff shaft. I really like it, but am thinking of ordering the 75 or 85 gram shaft. I whip the 65g around like it is a wet noodle. (110mph driver speed)

I am trying to decide whether to order the the 85 or 75 in stiff, or maybe jump to the X-stiff. My only concern with the X is that I will lower my launch angle too much...

Any thoughts?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I have the Titleist 907D2 with the v2 shaft but I am finding that it is a little too tip stiff for me. Thank gosh the guys at the golf shop are friends because they are letting me demo a D2 with the Proto shaft in it. I've played two rounds with it and find it better for my swing (so far). I try to have smooth tempo and my swing speed is between 104-109mph. I have never been a huge fan of Aldila shafts but this one just might make me change. My driver before had the Graphite Design YS-6 and really liked that shaft as well.

Good Luck...

i demoed the proto alot but i came to find that fujikura shafts are much better for me (swing speed 95-101mph) i do like the NV Green though ... the proto is a very nice shaft if you got cash

I have the VS Proto (stiff) in both my fairway wood and my driver. The shaft is absolutely perfect for my 3-wood, but I find the driver shaft to be a little too whippy. The ball spins too much and has a balooning trajectory. So, my experience is that I need a stiff flex with the 75 g fairway wood and maybe an x flex with the 65 g driver shaft.