• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theboom

Aldila Proto VS?

4 posts in this topic

Has anybody hit this shaft?

I have been demo-ing the new Nike Sumo with the Proto stiff shaft. I really like it, but am thinking of ordering the 75 or 85 gram shaft. I whip the 65g around like it is a wet noodle. (110mph driver speed)

I am trying to decide whether to order the the 85 or 75 in stiff, or maybe jump to the X-stiff. My only concern with the X is that I will lower my launch angle too much...

Any thoughts?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I have the Titleist 907D2 with the v2 shaft but I am finding that it is a little too tip stiff for me. Thank gosh the guys at the golf shop are friends because they are letting me demo a D2 with the Proto shaft in it. I've played two rounds with it and find it better for my swing (so far). I try to have smooth tempo and my swing speed is between 104-109mph. I have never been a huge fan of Aldila shafts but this one just might make me change. My driver before had the Graphite Design YS-6 and really liked that shaft as well.

Good Luck...

i demoed the proto alot but i came to find that fujikura shafts are much better for me (swing speed 95-101mph) i do like the NV Green though ... the proto is a very nice shaft if you got cash

I have the VS Proto (stiff) in both my fairway wood and my driver. The shaft is absolutely perfect for my 3-wood, but I find the driver shaft to be a little too whippy. The ball spins too much and has a balooning trajectory. So, my experience is that I need a stiff flex with the 75 g fairway wood and maybe an x flex with the 65 g driver shaft.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Pace Problem
      YOu still don't seem to understand that catching another group and playing through them is slower for both groups that if they are all simply required by policy to keep the pace.  The rules are just swell, but playing through should only be something that happens in cases with extenuating circumstances, not a regular habit.  The Rules of Golf were never intended to be used as an excuse for a chronic inability to keep pace with the course. When the course allows certain groups make a habit of playing so slowly that other groups overtake them and have to play through, then you have failed in establishing and maintaining an effective pace of play policy.  That policy is mired in a time warp from the era when courses were never full.  Those days no longer exist and different steps must be taken if a course is really serious about their pace of play.  It's apparent that your course is more concerned about the minority than they are about the majority.  I hope that doesn't eventually bite them in the behind.
    • Pace Problem
      Again, that's been our tactic for seven years, and has not generally worked.  Mostly, slow groups have stayed slow. As a rule of thumb, marshaling 18 holes takes about an hour.  If you attempt to "teach" the first time around, and then discover that you're a bad teacher or the slow group is a bad student when you come back around, by the time you "enforce", you have lost half a round of golf and you have forced faster groups to play the slower group's pace. When I see a group going to 9 at 2 1/2 hours, I tend to say, 'Oh, shit." to myself, because I know we've lost the Pace and it's next to impossible to get it back until that group has left the course.  Sadly, because of staffing cutbacks, that's often the case.  When I say something to the GM or Pro like, "If you want a good pace, you have to be out there from the beginning," it is not received well. If, OTOH, our policy is Pace has Priority on the Course, let faster groups play through, and that is what they hear when they pay, and from the Starter, and that's what the sign in the carts' signholder says, they have no leg to stand on the first time the marshal comes by and sees groups piled up behind a slow group. Yeah, I know, it's different than what everyone's used to. But if you always do what you've always done, you always get what you've always got.    
    • New to the forum
      I am indeed, All down the west coast here in ayrshire there are some fantastic courses and I always feel blessed to have played most of them. I recently played round the kintyre course at Turnberry for the first time it was a real gem. Sadly the 70mph winds did nothing to help scoring leading to a morale sapping 120 score but a great track none the less. I spent my youth years playing in troon on the public owned courses. A student of the links!
    • How Do You Decide Where to Play Golf
      I work at a course and they let me play there Tuesdays and Thursdays after work. Then on weekends I find cheap times on Golfnow where I know it won't be too busy or venture out to play a course I hadn't played before.
    • Donald Trump for president?
      I think yesterday's Trump win gives some answers. He performs well with those making $50k and less, whether GOP or Dem. In Trump's recent interviews, he is less bombastic, more empathetic ... the man is learning quickly. Rubio's robotic, repetitive, debacle of a performance in the last debate throws out Iowa results.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. TessaEdin
      TessaEdin
      (24 years old)
  • Blog Entries