Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iacas

What's in Your Pants Pockets?

76 posts in this topic

What do you keep in your pants pockets when you're playing golf? Or, perhaps phrased better, where do you keep all your "stuff"? Here's my list:

Front left pocket: tees. Usually only two or three Zero Friction tees. Nothing else. I'll put the ball there when I don't want to carry it.

Front right pocket: ball mark repair tool (a few years old), pencil, and a coin or two for marking my ball. Each feels very different, and with only four items in the pocket anyway, I can quickly get the right thing out.

Back right pocket: wallet.

Back left pocket: nothing.

I have a few magnetic hat clips, but I rarely wear them. On my belt I have a belt clip with a ball marker, but I rarely use it - I just like it because it's got the Sand Trap logo and my name on it.

Where do you keep all your "stuff"?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Right pocket - 2-3 quarters not dated later than 1970's, 2 zero friction tees, small wood tees and ball mark repair tool.

Left pocket - glove when putting or around greens, lip balm.

Left rear pocket - wallet.

Right rear pocket - my yardage book including scorecard, pencil and black Sharpie.

I don't keep anything in my left pocket because I usually can't get it out with my glove on.

In my right front pocket I keep 3 zero frition tees, my scotty cameron pivot tool and a Norwegian 5 Kroner Coin that I use as my ball mark.

In my back pocket I keep my stats book and a pen / pencil.

Right pants pocket: a couple of tees, a divot repair tool with magnet + metal ball marker.

Left pants pocket: usually nothing, sometimes an extra tee or two and sometimes some change (coins).

Right rear pocket: scorecard & pencil.

Left rear pocket: a "provisional" ball.

Shirt pocket/s: (none)

I don't like much in my pockets at all. I have a Crown Royal bag I keep in my golf bag in which I store my watch, ring, keys, change, pocket knife, etc... I take this stuff out of my pockets at the car and put them in the RC bag. When I'm done playing I take the tees, ball mark repair tool, etc... out of my pockets and put them in the RC bag ready for my next round.

While playing I keep only a few tees, a ball mark repair tool with ball marker, and a provisional ball in my right front pocket. My money clip is in my left.

Since I started using a bagboy push cart, I find I can keep a lot more of that stuff at the ready on the cart.

In my right front pocket I always have a pitch mark repair tool, a 1 and 2 cent coin (I use the 1 cent on putts under 10 feet because I'm looking to 1 putt and the 2 cent coin on putts over 10 feet because I want to 2 putt), at the start of the round I have 1 long tee and 2 short ones although after the first hole this varies and I also have a handkerchief I use for cleaning my ball (not blowing my nose).

In my back right pocket I have my yardage book for the course and I slip my scorecard inside the book and I have a mechanical pencil clipped to the cover of the book.

I have nothing at all in any other pocket.

Right pocket: 1 tee and my ball marker

Left pocket: glove when putting

*I dont like to have much in my pockets...I dont like when they buldge

Front right - Coins (usually only silver), tees & Divot tool
Front left - just a pencil
Back left - scorecard & glove (when not using it)
Back right - nothing

I put my wallet, keys and all that stuff in my golf bag before the round. I don't like a lot in my pockets when playing.

Front right => cash
front left => divot tool, guitar pick for ball marker
right rear => xtra ball sometimes or stat book
left rear => usually nothing

My tee is tucked in my hat just in front of my right ear.

Right pocket: 1 tee and my ball marker

That is exactly how I play. 1 tee only, no wallet, cellphone, watch, extra balls, etc.

Right pocket...Divot Repair Tool and Ballzee, a provisional ball if I don't think I will be able to find my ball after a shot.

Left pocket...usually nothing, maybe a tee sometimes or a pencil. I don't like anything in this pocket, especially a ball as it distracts me on my follow through

right rear...wallet and on good days...my playing partner's money...but that is very few and far between.

Left rear...glove on green if I did not velcro it to my bag when grabbing my putter, and possible a small spiral notebook.

front right - tee, repair tool, ball marker
front left - money clip

everything else stays in the bag or on my push cart.

Fun, interesting question.

Left front - cash in a heavy silver money clip; right front - two zero friction tees and a couple of quarters; left rear - Boy Scout ball and glove when not donned; right rear (when walking) - scorecard and pencil

Watch, wallet, and keys go in the "valuables pocket" in my bag.

front right divot repair tool which is hooks into the pocket seam. right rear my score card. Left rear for my glove while putting.....

Interesting topic.

right front - divot fixer, quarter for a ball mark, and chapstick
left front - nothing
back left - nothing
back right - nothing

i dont like to be weighed down

Right front - ball when not golfing it, divot repair tool w/ attached marker, two zero friction tees.
Left Front - Palm Treo w/ intelligolf at the ready (scorecard and stat tracking), "provisional" ball
Left Rear - nothing.
Right Rear - glove when not wearing it.

Front Right -> iPod
Front left -> nothing
Back Right -> wallet (usually empty except for an occasional $1)
Back Left) nothing

I keep a tee or two in my hat next to my right ear

Right front pocket: 2-3 Zero Friction Tees, ball marker from Blackwolf Run, divot repair tool from Greensboro National
Left front pocket: Spare ball
Right rear pocket: Scorecard & pencil
Left rear pocket: glove (when I'm not wearing it)