IGNORED

Fake clubs from Hurricane Golf?

bertspro
Note: This thread is 1886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I received 3 and 4 TaylorMade Rescue 11s today from Hurricane Golf and the paint and shading of each is slightly different. The yellow that is used for the word Rescue is slightly lighter on the 3, there is an area on the bottom of the club head that is shaded black on the 4 and dark grey on the 3. Lastly there is a smudge in one area of paint on the bottom of the 3. Apart from these things, the weight, grips, shafts, etc are all pretty nice. What are your guys' thoughts? Have a round scheduled for 11 tomorrow and unfortunately I'm considering not playing these clubs in case I have to return them.

Edit: See further down in thread for an update.

Wow... I've never purchased clubs online... but after reading that the owner of the company replied AND provided you his cell number... if I DO ever purchase online... I'm giving this place a shot.

Kudos, Jason.

CY

• Like 2

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hurricane is legit, as are their products.  I've purchased 2 sets of irons, a driver, a hybrid, and a pair of shoes from them.  I recommended them to a friend who bought a set of irons and a driver, and another friend who got some shoes.  We were all pleased with their prices, fast shipping, and overall service.

I would question the legitimacy of a 1-post member who chooses a homo-erotic image of a shirtless man as his avatar, and claims a company is selling fakes before even taking it up with the company.

I got a message from Jason Hiland explaining a couple of things which may have happened and I am now confident that the 3 is legit. I did take the clubs to a local golf store for grips yesterday and my guy is very familiar with TaylorMade, having used to work for them and plays all TM clubs, and he told me that there is no way the 3 should have passed inspection and that most sellers would have pulled it from their inventory upon seeing it due to the imperfect paint on the sole. Hurricane Golf shipped it to me in the bubble wrap and cellophane bag so no one would have seen it before shipping out. It doesn't affect the playability of the club, so I am happy. I should mention that I am 100% satisfied with the other items from my order also.

After dealing with Jason, I would have no problem buying from Hurricane Golf again. He stands behind his company and the products that they sell and I am confident that had this gone the other way, he would have ensured that I was made whole. I do want to apologize for the title of the post. If I could I would delete it.

6oo - I'll go make a bunch of posts elsewhere if it'll make me seem more "legitimate." Not sure what you mean by that, I have the clubs in my bag, and I hit them last night at the range. They exist and so do I, if that's what you're getting at... And you have 12 posts - clearly a forum veteran.

• Upvote 3

I had an issue with Hurricane in the past and Jason stepped up and took care of it immediately.  It's impressive that he stepped up as he did to address a customer concern for you just as he did with me.  Seems to me that Jason is doing things right up there in DeKalb.

Originally Posted by sixdoubleo

member who chooses a homo-erotic image of a shirtless man as his avatar,

not that i swing that way, but whats wrong with that?  does it make you uncomfortable?  you should be confident enough in your sexuality to not care about something so trivial.

• Like 1

Colin P.

Originally Posted by hurricanejason

Sir

I can tell you as the owner of Hurricane Golf that those clubs are 1000 percent real.  Call my cell and I can explain why the colors may be slightly different on that and other TM  models.  815 621 3556.  Thanks Jason Hiland

Does 1000 percent mean the same thing as 100%?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Must be one of those "new math" that government is using for budgets.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Does 1000 percent mean the same thing as 100%?

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Originally Posted by bertspro

After dealing with Jason, I would have no problem buying from Hurricane Golf again. He stands behind his company and the products that they sell and I am confident that had this gone the other way, he would have ensured that I was made whole. I do want to apologize for the title of the post. If I could I would delete it.

6oo - I'll go make a bunch of posts elsewhere if it'll make me seem more "legitimate." Not sure what you mean by that, I have the clubs in my bag, and I hit them last night at the range. They exist and so do I, if that's what you're getting at... And you have 12 posts - clearly a forum veteran.

bertspro -- I suggest you EDIT your first post to include this information at the top of the thread. A post in a trusted forum like this can be hurtful. I'd hate for others to see a google search and be left weigh the impression that you still have issues -- when you do not. Your first post stated facts as you saw them (good for you) and avoided accusations. The thread title sure looks more damning than the posts and could unintentionally hurt what may well be a fine company.

Lots of good sellers and plenty of bad ones. This is a great place for real golfers to share the news. To that end, we should be careful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Under the circumstances maybe the mods can modify the thread title? Simply adding a question mark - Fake clubs from Hurricane Golf? - would lead most people to read the thread as opposed to just the title.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I don't think you can edit once someone has replied to your post. One of the admins will probably do something, I would think.

Oh, and put a shirt on dude!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by Fairway_CY

Wow... I've never purchased clubs online... but after reading that the owner of the company replied AND provided you his cell number... if I DO ever purchase online... I'm giving this place a shot.

Kudos, Jason.

CY

shotly

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sixdoubleo

I would question the legitimacy of a 1-post member who chooses a homo-erotic image of a shirtless man as his avatar, and claims a company is selling fakes before even taking it up with the company.

That is Patrick Bateman from American Psyhco... Great freaking movie!!

Note: This thread is 1886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!