IGNORED

Fake clubs from Hurricane Golf?

bertspro
Note: This thread is 1884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by hurricanejason

I wish Titleist would do more closeouts and Big Buy Deals!  They operate different than Taylor Callaway Nike Etc Etc.  Thanks Jason

That's probably why many diehard Titleist fans think Callaway, TaylorMade, and Nike are generally shit brands diluted beyond any long term sustainable value. Can't say I'd argue too hard either way.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by bertspro

6oo - I'll go make a bunch of posts elsewhere if it'll make me seem more "legitimate." Not sure what you mean by that, I have the clubs in my bag, and I hit them last night at the range. They exist and so do I, if that's what you're getting at... And you have 12 posts - clearly a forum veteran.

My apologies then.  Often anybody whose 1st post on a forum is a controversial or accusatory topic is seen as a troll who is merely there to stir up crap.  As Hurricane Golf is one of the BETTER companies out there (which is harder to find these days) I felt posting a thread with this title was out of line, thus my attacking you.  I'm glad all was straightened out and that you've corrected your statement.

Yes, I've seen the movie...but didn't recognize the image.  Still kinda weird in my opinion, I think I'd go for the nailgun scene or something, but to each their own.  ;)

No worries guy. I'm enjoying the site and the forum so far and I'm glad this all got straightened out.

I played over the weekend - supposed to be 52 and sunny here in Maryland, turned out to be 41 and cloudy, damn weatherman - and still actually have not hit the 3, but the 4 I used for my 2nd on a 518 yard par 5. Trying to lay up 30-40 yards short of the green and actually hit it pin high about 10 yards left of the green! Damn near birdied the hole for the first time ever, but ended up with a solid par. This club is rocket!

• 1 year later...
Originally Posted by hurricanejason

Sir

I can tell you as the owner of Hurricane Golf that those clubs are 1000 percent real.  Call my cell and I can explain why the colors may be slightly different on that and other TM  models.  815 621 3556.  Thanks Jason Hiland

Hey Jason I just ordered an RBZ driver from your website and got a different looking headcover than the regular stock headcover, just wondering why its different.

-Eagle Shot

Originally Posted by sean_miller

That's probably why many diehard Titleist fans think Callaway, TaylorMade, and Nike are generally shit brands diluted beyond any long term sustainable value. Can't say I'd argue too hard either way.

Titleist will never discount their products. Because they don't need to. Callaway, Taylormade, and Nike are shit brands and they need to discount in order to sell their shit brands.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Motley01

Titleist will never discount their products. Because they don't need to. Callaway, Taylormade, and Nike are shit brands and they need to discount in order to sell their shit brands.

Titleist, Ping and Mizuno typically run 2 year life cycles on their clubs which is very different from the Callaway, Nike (every year) and Taylormade (every six months).  Until a product is discontinued it's against their dealer agreement to advertise any price below MSRP, but that doesn't mean you can't negotiate a deal with an authorized dealer.  Titleist also doesn't allow promotions where more than 100% of the actual value of the clubs being traded-in can be applied to purchases of new Titleist clubs.

Once clubs are discontinued, example the 910 series woods and 710 series irons, Titleist will allow dealers to publish prices lower than MSRP, but the discounting is never as steep as you'd see from Callaway, Taylormade, Nike, Cleveland or Adams.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Jason, your company just made my list of online places to buy golf equipment from. In fact, Hurricane Golf will be the first place I look.

In my bag....

Bombtech Grenade driver. 10.5* Aldila DVS60 stiff, 45"

Ping i20 irons, ProjectX5.5. 5 thru PW.

Tour Edge 3 Hybrid, Adams A7 4Hybrid

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Cleveland RTX 60-12 wedge.

Tour Edge xcg5 15* 3 Wood

Cheap crappy Wilson putter that works as well as anything for me.

It's a work in progress, I've only been playing for going on two years or so.

The OP's title is posted as a question, not an accusation. Got no problem with that. If there was a problem with a vendor he would be doing a service by posting here.

In my bag....

Bombtech Grenade driver. 10.5* Aldila DVS60 stiff, 45"

Ping i20 irons, ProjectX5.5. 5 thru PW.

Tour Edge 3 Hybrid, Adams A7 4Hybrid

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Cleveland RTX 60-12 wedge.

Tour Edge xcg5 15* 3 Wood

Cheap crappy Wilson putter that works as well as anything for me.

It's a work in progress, I've only been playing for going on two years or so.

• 5 years later...

Stay as far away from this place as you can. Pure trash. Fake/ discontinued clubs. Absolutely horrible customer service, and very ignorant on their products. Guy couldn’t even tell me what weights come with a certain club. And when they were wrong, and I called them out, they said I need to contact the manufacturer. They’re cheap for a reason, and that reason is they’re clueless. If you’re buying like an iron or something, you’re probably ok. But if there are any extras involved with your order, count on not getting them. Stay away!!! 

Note: This thread is 1884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!