IGNORED

"SIMSTIX" for TW12 on the Wii

dustin88thewind
Note: This thread is 1261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As a Wisconsin resident, much of my golf this winter has been in front of my TV, (though the weather did cooperate in early January, letting me squeeze in two rounds to break up the monotony). Fortunately, I have a Wii with Tiger Woods 12 to keep swinging in my apartment's living room. I'm looking at picking up this: http://www.amazon.com/SKLZ-SIMSTIX-Golf-Nintendo-Wii-White/dp/B005UTLXXE/ref=pd_sim_sg_2

21OuOak3GcL._AA300_.jpg

I'm just wondering if anyone's tried one of these and can tell me if it's reliable before I drop $40 on it. Then again I might anyway. It'll still be awhile before I have to buy a box of balls...

taylormade.gif Burner SuperFast Driver, 9.5* taylormade.gif Rescue 11 2h, 16*
taylormade.gif rac Lt Irons, 3i-Pw, Aw taylormade.gif rac Satin Wedges, 54-10, 58-8 
 Corza Ghost Putter

I have the original make "chicken stick" and its great! Really makes for a great sim. I hear the new model that you are looking at supports the new Wiimotes with Motion+ built in too.

I'd say for any golfer with a Wii, its a worthwhile investment.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was looking at the Chicken Stick too. The reason I'm considering this one over that is a review that said after only a few weeks the Chicken Stick one broke. But if yours is still working well, I might just go that route. Thanks!

taylormade.gif rac Lt Irons, 3i-Pw, Aw taylormade.gif rac Satin Wedges, 54-10, 58-8 
 Corza Ghost Putter

I liked the idea but wasn't willing to pay the money, so I made myself something similar out of an old club, a plastic wii remote holder, some extra strong glue and some elastic bands.

Photo0094.jpg

It seems to work pretty well.

I am curious as to how accurate the wii remote is at identifying clubface angle and path. From the experiments I have done it seems reasonably consistent. Does anyone else have any experience?

Update: The SIMSTIX accessory is a steal at $40. I thought TW 12 was fun before, but I'll never play without it again.

First of all, it feels like an actual club. It's a little on the light side, but you could add some lead tape to it to give it even more of a realistic feel. That said, it's the perfect size. I don't have a high ceiling, but can easily swing this at full-speed. And, I find that the swing-path/face-angle is even more accurate with the SIMSTIX.

If you have a Tiger Woods game (and only a TW game, since the trigger only activates the "B" button), you have to get this!

Corza Ghost Putter

I like the homemade version in this thread!

Nothing screams I'm a dumbass, like rubberbanding a Wiimote in a pc of plastic that looks like a golf club on to a polished golf shaft and swinging it full force at his/her $1000+ TV.

I think the only winners here are nintendo for the replacement wiimote and whomever sells this guy his next TV.

My 2cents.

Originally Posted by chance2

Nothing screams I'm a dumbass, like rubberbanding a Wiimote in a pc of plastic that looks like a golf club on to a polished golf shaft and swinging it full force at his/her $1000+ TV.

I think the only winners here are nintendo for the replacement wiimote and whomever sells this guy his next TV.

My 2cents.

Nothing screams I'm a dumbass like insulting someone without reading their entire post.

My  2cents.

You left out the part about the extra strong glue , but even with crazy glue or equivilent I would be nervous swinging that setup at my 80" widescreen.

Originally Posted by chance2

My 2cents.

Joe Paradiso

Im really curious as to how the ps3 move counterpart will function in TW13. I hope its brought up to at least the Wii specs, then you can have some high-def sim action, as the Wii graphics leave something to be desired. That said, its the best golf sim on the market short of a radar-based ball tracker.

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

Im really curious as to how the ps3 move counterpart will function in TW13. I hope its brought up to at least the Wii specs, then you can have some high-def sim action, as the Wii graphics leave something to be desired. That said, its the best golf sim on the market short of a radar-based ball tracker.

+1 to all of that.

Corza Ghost Putter

• 8 years later...
Note: This thread is 1261 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!