IGNORED

To all you golfers who drive a pickup truck

Kenny D
Note: This thread is 2198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How can I store and transport my clubs in a regular cab pickup truck? Any golf club specific storage options for the truck bed?  Just putting the bag in the bed would most likely lead to it moving around and probably cause damage to clubs/truck.  Mesh net dividers were an option but it also doesn't provided enough security from moving around.  Now the truck I'm looking at buying has a bed cover but how can I like an I've been looking online with no real success, so any feedback from golfers that drive pickups (more specific regular cabs) would be great!

callaway.gif   FT-i driver,  FT 4-wood,  X Utility Prototype 18* hybrid-iron / Big Bertha Diablo 3 & 4  hybrids

Tour Preferred CB 5-PW irons

callaway.gif   X-Forged 52*, X-Forged 56*/58*, X-Forged 64*  wedges  

Daddy Long Legs (38'') putter

:nike:RZN Platinum ball

You should be one of those guys with hundreds of bungie cords in his garage... We all know a guy like that. Just throw them in the back and strap them in place to prevent them moving. Maybe the driver needs to be taken out and kept separately, but you should be able to put them in sideways to keep them anchored.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

head to a loves gas station or other similar truck stop and purchase a load lock like the big rigs use to secure pallets inside a trailer. they have different sizes and adjust. one lock can hold as many bags as you can fit, just snug them up to the tailgate.

My clubs don't move when I toss them in the bed because it has Herculiner in it and that stuff grips like sandpaper. Most of the time I just stand them up, leaning against the front of the passenger seat though. That's how I carry them in my car too because Camaros don't have much of a trunk. If you're worried about movement then set the bag against the tailgate and wrap a bungie around the bag and hook onto both rear tie down points.

Hyper X 10º driver Diablo Edge 9.5º backup driver

Burner Rescue 3 hybrid 4-A irons 56º wedge 60º wedge CRAZ-E putter

Back when I still had my regular cab F-150, I used to just put the clubs in the cab and wedge them longways, with the bottom of the bag on the floorboard and the clubs rested up on the backrest of the seat.

That way they were secure when I wasnt able to watch them (I used to play at a nearby golf course after work a few times a week).  I wouldnt just lay them in the bad because they are going to roll around and knock into each other, causing lots of bag chatter marks on the irons and wedges.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

You should be one of those guys with hundreds of bungie cords in his garage... We all know a guy like that. Just throw them in the back and strap them in place to prevent them moving. Maybe the driver needs to be taken out and kept separately, but you should be able to put them in sideways to keep them anchored.

My father-in-law is this guy. He just uses a bungee to keep the golf bag from sliding around under his hard cover.  It takes a few second to secure and you are good to go.

• Upvote 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

thanks for the tips ya it does seems like bungie cords would work at least keep it anchored.  I was doing some research and came across this truck bed organizer at cabelas.com = http://www.cabelas.com/product/Auto-ATV/Auto-Exterior/Tool-Boxes-Storage|/pc/104796180/c/104696280/sc/104633280/Cabelas-Weatherproof-TruckCargo-Box/715484.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fauto-atv-auto-exterior-tool-boxes-storage%2F_%2FN-1100781&WTz;_l=SEO%3Bcat104633280 .. this seems like a great way to store clubs in a pickup!

callaway.gif   FT-i driver,  FT 4-wood,  X Utility Prototype 18* hybrid-iron / Big Bertha Diablo 3 & 4  hybrids

Tour Preferred CB 5-PW irons

callaway.gif   X-Forged 52*, X-Forged 56*/58*, X-Forged 64*  wedges  

Daddy Long Legs (38'') putter

:nike:RZN Platinum ball

• 2 months later...

i measured my truck bed's width, went to home depot and had them cut me a 1x4 and a 1x8.. . nailed them together perpendicular and set it in place so, it's enough so that two bags can fit between the tailgate and the verticle 1x8.  if i need to put 4 bags in, i'd just lay them the length of the bed and they shouldn't slide too much. . . i also threw down a rubber mat so that my irons aren't scraping up against the truck bed getting scratched.

In my Titleist Stand Bag

Driver:      Cleveland Launcher DST 9.5*

5 Wood:   Taylor Made Burner 17.5*

Irons:       Taylor Made Burner 09 4-PW, AW                    

Wedges:  2 Cleveland CG14's -- 56* & 60*

Putter:      Odyssey White Hot XG Sabertooth  ball: TP Black LDP

Just put the bag in the front seat, and strap the seat belt around it. Like that funny Fedex commercial.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

when i had my regular cab tacoma i just kept threw them in the bed and never gave a second thought to them flying out or getting damaged in any way.  my concern was somebody stealing them when i had to stop by the grocery store on the way home from the course.  i would also pull them out of the bed and lock them in the cab when i went in anywhere.  it was a pain.

R9 Driver and 17* 4 wood
mizuno.gif MX-23 (5-PW)
CG16 52*, 58*

White Ice #7

Like many here I throw them in teh back and nothing ever is out of place. An option would be a toneau cover. You can lock it and protect it from the elements over a period of days.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

Originally Posted by ezmorningrebel

when i had my regular cab tacoma i just kept threw them in the bed and never gave a second thought to them flying out or getting damaged in any way.  my concern was somebody stealing them when i had to stop by the grocery store on the way home from the course.  i would also pull them out of the bed and lock them in the cab when i went in anywhere.  it was a pain.

+1

Uh how bad a driver are you if they fly around and get damaged. Now I am just kidding and giving you some good natured shit!  Don't go postal on me!!I admit I have a shell but they are usually right where I left them when I get home.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

I usually put them in the passenger seat like others suggested. But if Ive got a passenger I put my bag in this http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3977721

Its a hard travel case I put it right up against the bed sideways and it fits almost perfect and barely moves. If I'm going farther than my normal courses I may put a bungee across the bed to stop the chance of it sliding but it has not budged since I began using it. Fits my bag pretty snug.

In the bag

Bag-Taylormade

Driver-Taylormade R11s 10.5*

3 Wood- Taylormade Burner

5 Wood- Adams Tight Lies

3 Hybrid- Warrior Golf

Irons 4-PW-Taylormade 360 XD

SW- 56* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can

AW- Razor Golf

LW-60* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can

Putter- Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Ball- Titleist Pro V1

MarkY, that is a very immaculate truck. Do you use it for anything?

OP, I would really consider spending the xtra $ for an extended cab. My Silverado Xcab is big enough to fit our 3 kids in back and more. Great for grocery shopping when it's raining. Anyways, I have a rubber bed mat that keeps our clubs from skidding around too much - just throw em in and go!

dak4n6

Originally Posted by dak4n6

MarkY, that is a very immaculate truck. Do you use it for anything?

OP, I would really consider spending the xtra $ for an extended cab. My Silverado Xcab is big enough to fit our 3 kids in back and more. Great for grocery shopping when it's raining. Anyways, I have a rubber bed mat that keeps our clubs from skidding around too much - just throw em in and go!

I agree.  Just throw them in and go.  Never had a problem.

As for the truck with the 'glorified trunk', I'm not sure the point of even having a truck set up like that.

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

Note: This thread is 2198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!