IGNORED

Uber High Ball flight

Note: This thread is 6193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been playing for over 10 yrs now, and shoot in the mid-hi 80's most of the time. I've played with some pretty serious golfers who tell me that my ball flight is way too high. I hit my 9-iron around 150 and my pw 125-130, but the ball always comes in verticle and either plugs or rolls forward a few inches. I don't realy have a problem with this, as it comes in handy going at tucked pins, but in a wind you can imagine the problems I have.

The elevation affects pretty much every club in my bag up to my 3 iron. I was wondering if changing my shafts or lengthening at all would help my problem. Here's by setup:

I have Srixon 403-AD irons with stock regular shafts at regular length and lie. I usually play a soft ball like the Srixon AD333 or Z-URs. I have a pretty steep attack angle, but can't seem to shallow it out to hit a knock-down at all. I've been contemplating going to a stiff or x shaft (3-wood swing speed of 109+) but don't really have the money to upgrade at this point @ around $30 a club for new shafts and grips.

Thanks for your help, and don't ask me how high I hit a sand wedge

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

stiffer shafts will help lower your ball flight, if your swing speed is over 100 miles an hour witha 3 wood then you definitely need stiffer shafts. Changing will of course cost you money. If you fade the ball, try playing with a draw as that will get the ball going lower, and take more club than you need to get rid of excessive backspin.......million things you could work on really

I've been playing for over 10 yrs now, and shoot in the mid-hi 80's most of the time. I've played with some pretty serious golfers who tell me that my ball flight is way too high. I hit my 9-iron around 150 and my pw 125-130, but the ball always comes in verticle and either plugs or rolls forward a few inches. I don't realy have a problem with this, as it comes in handy going at tucked pins, but in a wind you can imagine the problems I have.

(My first question would be why you are hitting the sand wedge hard enough to fly a mile into the air? Just my two cents...but the last club you should be thinking about hitting hard is the sand wedge.)

If your swing speed is 110 miles per hour, I'd suggest getting stiff instead of regular shafts for your irons. I'm not sure what too much flex will do to trajectory, but having too much flex will cause it to lag inconsistently, meaning a loss of control of your ball. To hit a knock down ball, just take your club back three quarters of the way and swipe through it. And lastly, if you're trying to correct a power fade, make your grip stronger. I usually hit a long draw (if I don't mis-hit) and my grip's pretty strong...that club isn't going anywhere.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

If you do look at changing shafts, you may also want to look into the kickpoints of your shaft. A higher kickpoint could lower your trajectory, and vice versa. You'd see a much greater difference using a stiff shaft as opposed to a higher kickpoint, but it may be worth looking into if you're changing equipment. But like you said, it's an expensive proposition...

The stock shafts are TT dynamic golds. I decided, since we are currently in the process of buying our first house, to hold off on an expensive shaft change or purchase of new clubs. I did, however, change to a midsize grip, which should help a lot with my inconsisten contact due to a very strong and tight grip. I wear a 2xl glove and the midsize was a no brainer. Thanks for all the help though guys.

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

Note: This thread is 6193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!