IGNORED

nike vrs vs taylormade rbz

Note: This thread is 4251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Nike Vrs Vs Taylormade RBZ

• Nike Vrs
    • Taylormade RBZ

I am looking to get a new driver and was wanting to know what you guys think about these clubs. What shafts I should put in them would be an extra plus. Also, don't put one word answers, state the club, then tell me why I should go with that club.

Good Q: I demo-ed the RBZ at roger dunn before it came out and loved it so pre-ordered prior to release. The VRS stuff wasn't yet nor did roger dunn have any avail prior to release to x-compare but needless to say i felt good enough with the RBZ driver (and obv the numbers) to go ahead and purchase. I just recently tried out the VRS FW and really liked it as well. The shaft felt amazing and now Im wondering what the vrs driver must feel like. the vrs fw comes 1 degree open club face so I love how it looks right when you prop it down.

• Upvote 1

I haven't hit the VRS.  For whatever reason... I've never been a fan of Nike golf clubs.  Maybe it's because I bought my wife an entire set back in 2006 after she expressed interest in playing the game... And she went to the driving range 4 or 5 times with me and enjoyed it... And then went to play 18 holes and she decided the game wasn't for her after the first hole??  :D  Maybe it's that $800 investment that keeps me from testing their sticks??

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Honestly, how is anybody going to answer that.  We have no information at all about your swing.  If I was choosing between the two, I'd probably go with the RBZ... I've hit both a couple times at Golfsmith and actually like the RBZ quite a bit and like the way that it suits my eye.  No idea what you are gonna like either.

Asking what shaft you should get is even harder to answer because it is even more dependent on knowing something about your swing.  Do you launch the ball high or low or somewhere in the middle... do you get a lot of spin... do you like it the way you launch it or do you want a shaft with characteristics that will alter your trajectory?  Just a few things to consider.

Anyways... like I said, if it was me... I'd get the RBZ because I like it better than the VRs... not really sure what you are gonna like though so I sure hope you actually plan on hitting both (among others) and deciding for yourself and not take the word of strangers from the forum.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I am a mid-launch low- spin player. In a shaft I would like a little bit higher launch and spin than my fubuki tour. I am 13 and my swing speed is about 90mph. I use a regular flex shaft. I hit the ball about 240ish. Also, don't recommend a 400 dollar shaft. Waaaayyy out of my price range. I play to a 2 index and suffer from a block to the right(right handed). Any help would be nice shaft wise.

Originally Posted by codygolf11

I am a mid-launch low- spin player. In a shaft I would like a little bit higher launch and spin than my fubuki tour. I am 13 and my swing speed is about 90mph. I use a regular flex shaft. I hit the ball about 240ish. Also, don't recommend a 400 dollar shaft. Waaaayyy out of my price range. I play to a 2 index and suffer from a block to the right(right handed). Any help would be nice shaft wise.

That helps a bit... the stock shaft in both the VRs (Fubuki K) and the RBZ (XCon 5.0) are meant to launch the ball higher so if you are looking for a higher launch than you are getting right now you should be fine.  I would stay away from the tour version of the RBZ though if you are looking for the higher launch as it has the Matrix HD6 which is a low launcher.

Other things to consider between the two is that the RBZ has the adjustibility so you can set the face angle however you want where as the VRs is at 1 degree open.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

The VR_s is adjustable also.

Since money is an issue, I would recommend buying one of last years drivers and take the money you save and use it to buy another driver in about a year.  I expect in the next year or so that the average 13 year old is going to grow a couple of inches and pick up a good chunk of swing speed.  I would a bit shocked if your swing speed didn't creep up over a 100 or so over the next 2 years at which point you are probably going to need a stiff shaft. But I also understand the desire for a new club.....

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

That helps a bit... the stock shaft in both the VRs (Fubuki K) and the RBZ (XCon 5.0) are meant to launch the ball higher so if you are looking for a higher launch than you are getting right now you should be fine.  I would stay away from the tour version of the RBZ though if you are looking for the higher launch as it has the Matrix HD6 which is a low launcher.

Other things to consider between the two is that the RBZ has the adjustibility so you can set the face angle however you want where as the VRs is at 1 degree open.

Being that it is Roger Dunn, bought both fairway woods(RBZ and VRS) and tested.

The distance , feel , and shaft felt better on the VRS. My theory is that the shallower face on the VRS is more forgiving and makes it easier to get good contact on the face  and therefore greater distance and feel when good contact is made.

• 6 months later...

While the RBZ fairway woods are great, as are the hybrids, I have been less than impressed with the RBZ driver.

For me, the head felt dead as compared to the TM Supertri I've been gaming for the past 3 years.

I had the opportunity to demo the Nike VR_S  driver recently and have to say I was absolutely blown away.  I hit the Ping i20, TM r11S TP, Titleist 910 D3 and the VR_S.  The Nike blew them all away.

In terms of distance, I may have picked up 5-7 yards......no monster 20 yard gains like some reviewers claim to get....what really set the driver apart was the shot dispersion.......most shots, with the exception of a toe shot missed my target line by less than 10 yards......adsolutely dialed in from the get go.

The head sits 1 degree open which I like as well.......the diver is adjustable, but I left it in it's standard setting.

So you know where I'm coming from, I play to a +1, driver swingspeed of 110.  Average drive is 285.  With this driver, I did crank one out to 310, but all of the stars have to be in allignment for me to do that on a regular basis......

This driver is beautiful to look at.  I don't mind the white of the new TM line, but I am huge fan of more traditional colors.......

Some won't like the "made for" Fubuki shaft at 51 grams, but I liked it just fine.  I might drive some spin down with a heavier shaft (I play and tested a stiff shaft), but for comparison of the various clubs I hit, I hit their stock stiff shafts.....

In conclusion, this driver is the real deal.......long, straight and fun to hit......Loved it and bought it over all the others.

Also........the sound is ideal....not like the explosive hollowed out bang of previous Nike drivers.

JC

Note: This thread is 4251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!