IGNORED

Your Best Tip

Note: This thread is 2950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 hours ago, Dave325 said:

Just as in life, business and war... Keep your head down!

I actually don't know what this means..  I'm sure there is a thread on keeping the head down thoigh, I'll look for it.

My tip would be.. No, it's not that you need to focus more, you need to work on that long game swing flaw.  :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

I actually don't know what this means..  I'm sure there is a thread on keeping the head down thoigh, I'll look for it.

My tip would be.. No, it's not that you need to focus more, you need to work on that long game swing flaw.  :)

I guess I took it to mean stay alert and focused, more of a suggestive tip rather than to be taken at its word. It seems that during every movie like Saving Private Ryan when someone starts looking around and not paying attention they are one who is shot, often in the head.

It doesn't apply literally to golf, per say, I mean look at Charles Warren who is a pretty good driver of the golf ball. He is looking down the fairway during impact.

569dc851c2fa7_ScreenShot2016-01-18at9.19

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

My tip would be 

Dont fall into the consumer hogwash trap!

Stop buying equipment to make you better and spend that money on lessons, all equipment is created pretty equal and the only real difference is feel. Sure there are different levels of gear like players vs beginners but pretty much all game improvement irons will play close enough to the same that it won't change your score any. I wasted the first year and half of my golfing career thinking different clubs were going to help my game and they never made any difference and I went through several sets of irons and a dozen drivers and lost 20-30% of the money I spent on them in resale. Id guess im out at least 1000$ at this point just trying out different gear and could have just spent it on lessons.

• Upvote 1

Best tips

Find a good instructor

Get Educated - TST is excellent

Forget the Golf Magazines

Work on long game

Don't force anything - relax - find your rhythm.

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

In the words of The Door's Jim Morrison, "Learn to forget." Stay in the moment and focus on the shot at hand. Don't let your last shot haunt you. 

It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed.”. Ram Dass

Keep it simple.  Golf is challenging enough without having the extra burden of a lot of extra thoughts going through your head before you swing.  Work on your game on the range and when you play... just play!  Also, remember that this is a game and you should enjoy it.  Celebrate your IMPROVEMENT rather than knock yourself down a peg or two every time you make an error.

• Upvote 3

If you want to improve be prepared to put lot's of time in at the course and practice range. Only once or twice a week means it will take a long time.

I see this waaaayyy too many times: not enough shoulder turns for most weekend players.  They try to swing mostly with their arms and then they wonder why they slice or don't get enough distance.

My single advice: turn your shoulders on the back swing so that the lead shoulder is below your chin at the top of the backswing.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Try the disc version, it is much easier and less irritating.  

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Mine would be one I just began to really feel and has eliminated a ton of head clouding thought during my FULL swing........

Take it back low and slow WITHOUT breaking the wrists or right elbow while maintaining the "triangle" between chest and arms as long as possible. practice this a few times and find where it begins to become uncomfortable to go further(like Ricky does now in pre shot).

Once that general area is established depending on how hard you want to hit the ball will determine what you want to do from there......

If you just want a full swing follow those steps and right as it begins to feel tight; allow the wrists and elbow to break while almost simultaneously begin the downswing starting from the ground up.....ankles->knees->hips etc. It should unfurl like the whip of a towel right at the ball.

To really crush it when you get to the established "top" of your triangle as you go to set the wrists and right elbow try to allow a little more opening of hips and shoulders to get a fuller turn then unwind from the ground up.

I used to try and swing hard like pushing a weight, now I try to build tension in my body(coil) and release.....I am using less effort and getting much more club head speed.

I will post a swing in myswing thread to try and demonstrate

Playing golf is different from hitting golf shots.

Learn to hit shots on the practice area (driving range, short game area, practice green)

Learn to play golf on the golf course.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Don't go to the practice range and mindlessly hit 100's of balls.  Instead work on specific weaknesses.

First identify what changes to your swing you plan to work on.  Make a short list.  Don't try to fix all your swing faults at once.  It is best to work on just 1 or 2 things.  Then go to the practice range with far fewer balls.  Make warm up swings without a ball.  After each hit evaluate what just happened.

• Upvote 1

Swing hard in case you hit it.

• Upvote 1

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

• 1 month later...
Note: This thread is 2950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!