IGNORED

Taylor Made RBZ Graphite Shaft.

Alberto25
Note: This thread is 4392 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Everybody. I need someone expert to help me. I visited a golf store just to look at the new RBZ Taylor made Iron set.

The guy in the store tell me that the RBZ Shaft Regular is stiffer that other brand regular, so he suggest me to buy the Senior shaft (M). I was quite surprise. It's true I'm not probably fast and long enough but I don't think I need a senior shaft. Can Somebody help me? I'm 50, HCP 25 playing once a week (unfortunately) and with a 6 iron my average carry is 140 yards.

Thanks

Hi Everybody. I need someone expert to help me. I visited a golf store just to look at the new RBZ Taylor made Iron set.

The guy in the store tell me that the RBZ Shaft Regular is stiffer that other brand regular, so he suggest me to buy the Senior shaft (M). I was quite surprise. It's true I'm not probably fast and long enough but I don't think I need a senior shaft. Can Somebody help me? I'm 50, HCP 25 playing once a week (unfortunately) and with a 6 iron my average carry is 140 yards.

Thanks

Did he put you on a launch monitor and did you hit both shaft flexes?

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

Yes, you are senior flex. The guy at the store was probably trying to soothe your ego and get you into the right flex.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How far you hit a particular club is a TERRIBLE way of shaft fitting. Using a particular-numbered club is even worse. Club-head speed (which doesn't always translate to distance the same for everyone, as quality of contact matters, as does loft) affects what flex you need a lot more, as do other factors. If your quality of contact is bad, that might be costing you some yardage, which would change the estimate (even on this bad way of doing so). Before buying irons, I suggest [i]at the very least[/i] using Mizuno's shaft optimizer and seeing what suggestions it spits out. Editing to add: Also, be wary of distance gains with the RBZ set. Your current 6-iron is 30 degrees; the RBZ 6-iron is 26.5 degrees. In fact, 7-L in that set are spaced five degrees apart -- an awful thing to do with scoring irons, but it lets them advertise that you'll "hit them farther."

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Originally Posted by Alberto25

No, we just talk about it. He only asked me about my distance with a 6 iron.

I'm actually playing with a Mizuno Mx 200 iron set with graphite regular shaft.

This is always a tough call - get yourself the regular and senior flex in graphite and on the same monitor, and take a look at the numbers -- look at your dispersion.

TM is not exactly known for "tight" shafts or high quality stock graphite. I'd be wary, and if I was spending that much money, I'd get to a professional fitter.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Hmm first I've heard that, I'd call TaylorMade to confirm or another reputable golf store

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 1 month later...
Note: This thread is 4392 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!