IGNORED

Ryan Braun Innocent

dustin88thewind
Note: This thread is 3900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The test results seemed a little sketchy anyways, so not surprising.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by dustin88thewind

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7608360/ryan-braun-wins-appeal-50-game-suspension

Thoughts anyone?

Methinks the term "innocent" is open to interpretation.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I don't think any of us know enough to make an informed opinion on this. We don't know exactly what the first test said, what the difference with the second one was, etc.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What the test said is not in question, even by Braun's side.  The improper handling of the test and it's process is how he won the appeal.

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

He got off on an technicality.  The result is he's innocent because they mis-handled the evidence and can't prove their case.  The outcome doesn't prove he never used PEDS.

Joe Paradiso

The second test that are offered after the first one is positive never prove anything. Most drugs used  these days have a pretty fast clearence rates of days not months. With a couple of days warning, the users will always test clean. As far as I can tell the only argument in this case would be tampering/sample mixup. S ynthetic testosterone has distinct markers (from the Floyd Landis episode) and it will not just show up no matter how the sample is handled. Braun got off on a technicallty (and if it was a WADA test he wouldn't have). It definitely doesn't look good.

Are some people that test positive innocent. You bet. But it is like 1% not the 99% that claim it. He just better hope his power numbers don't drop 30% this year. That always looks bad....

Originally Posted by jamo

I don't think any of us know enough to make an informed opinion on this. We don't know exactly what the first test said, what the difference with the second one was, etc.

I wouldn't say innocent.

His case got thrown out of court....

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I wouldn't go quite that far. After I am unaware of half his teammates testing positive. Of course that is probably a sign of how poor the testing procedures are.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Drug free -

Just like Lance Armstrong

This is really not so much of a reflection on Braun as it is MLB's lack of desire to really crack down on PED's use.  If you test positive for a PED in MLB you are either taking something that unknowingly contains a banned substance or really stupid.  Until MLB implements random testing it's not very serious about eliminating PED's in the sport.  The current testing was only put in place to get Congress out of their business.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by jamo

This.  On top of that though, people who have privilege to this information need to start keeping their mouths shut.  There is no reason that his failed test should have leaked, the appeal should have been private as should the result.  The bottom line is that he was cleared by the arbitrator but because everything is public he has a snowballs chance in hell of avoiding some sort of stigma.  The only time we should hear anything at all is if a player winds up being suspended, at that point there is no avoiding it, but until there is a failed test that is upheld the public should no nothing.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Because someone may be deemed not guilty on a technicality doesn't mean they didn't commit the crime it just means there wasn't enough evidence to prove the case.  Based on the CBA, they had to have reason to believe he was using PEDS in order to request the test in the first place.

If 85 is your birth year you're probably not old enough to remember OJ and Nicole Brown Simpson.

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

This.  On top of that though, people who have privilege to this information need to start keeping their mouths shut.  There is no reason that his failed test should have leaked, the appeal should have been private as should the result.  The bottom line is that he was cleared by the arbitrator but because everything is public he has a snowballs chance in hell of avoiding some sort of stigma.  The only time we should hear anything at all is if a player winds up being suspended, at that point there is no avoiding it, but until there is a failed test that is upheld the public should no nothing.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

If 85 is your birth year you're probably not old enough to remember OJ and Nicole Brown Simpson.

I was born in 89 and I remember OJ just fine. The bastards cancelled Power Rangers to cover the stupid trial...

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

A friend of mine has connections with the team and a few players. She said that his sample actually was tampered with, but I still don't see how or why.  I'm skeptical of these situations since my dad is a cyclist and follows the pro events and whatnot. Everyone who gets busted over there always claims some excuse but ends up fessing up eventually (except contador and his tainted beef).  He also apparently never had herpes so that excuse with the medicine is out.

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

Yeah, I'm gonna have to say I believe him. Just too many weird twists to the story. Like His sample going missing for 44 hours, he tested 3x higher than anyone has ever tested positive before, his head didn't double in size...plus he seemed very sincere in his interview. I'm a cubs fan so for me to say this means I really must believe him...cuz I was the first person to talk trash to my friends who are brewers fans. When the other guys that have been involved with steroids defended themselves, i could tell they were completely full of crap. Even when mark McGwire half assed admitted it you could tell there was so much more he was covering up...same with A Rod. Braun didn't stutter once, and looked like he was someone that was pretty sure of himself...and seemed pretty respectful in doing so. He could have talked some trash but he didn't.
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

Yeah, I'm gonna have to say I believe him. Just too many weird twists to the story. Like His sample going missing for 44 hours, he tested 3x higher than anyone has ever tested positive before, his head didn't double in size...plus he seemed very sincere in his interview. I'm a cubs fan so for me to say this means I really must believe him...cuz I was the first person to talk trash to my friends who are brewers fans. When the other guys that have been involved with steroids defended themselves, i could tell they were completely full of crap. Even when mark McGwire half assed admitted it you could tell there was so much more he was covering up...same with A Rod. Braun didn't stutter once, and looked like he was someone that was pretty sure of himself...and seemed pretty respectful in doing so. He could have talked some trash but he didn't.

I think one thing that people did make a good point of was that his numbers haven't really gotten out of control. He's stayed pretty consistent. He isn't exactly going insane on the home runs or breaking crazy records, but who knows.

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

Note: This thread is 3900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!