IGNORED

Is there Really a Big Difference in Grips?

Gresh24
Note: This thread is 4116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There's a huge difference in grips when. like myself, one doesn't wear a glove!  I only use simulated leather wraps like the Excel RF.

Taylormade RocketBallz.....13° tour spoon;  Ping G15.....17° fairway wood;  Callaway RAZR X Blk.....24° fairway wood;

Epon AF-901....19° driving iron;  Wishon 870Ti....5-8 irons (1° weak), 9-iron (2° weak); Nakashima SuperSpin.....52, 58, 64° wedges;

Lovett Tour Standard.....sand iron; Louisville HB.....putter.

After recently starting my own thread on grips (and the skyrocketing cost of corded) I decided to look into the PURE grips that iacas had mentioned.  I have seen Hank Haney tweet about them and had also seen them while watching the PGA Merchandise show on tv.  They offer a few different styles, and being a corded guy prior I wasn't sure which one I'd like best.  They emailed me back and offered to send me a sample pack.

All I can say is "WOW".  Completely sold and have already ordered two full sets.  If you have not heard about them or seen the website, go now.  Tapeless installation (no more solvent, tape, etc) and it really is as easy as it looks in the video.  Grips feel outstanding (been to the range a couple of times).  Granted, I haven't had the hot and sweaty hands since it's February but I can usually tell.

And, currently they're offering a heck of a deal: since Hank Haney now the spokesman for them, if you preorder his new book ($17 on Amazon) you can get 50% off your entire order of PURE grips.  Even if you don't want the book you'll save money.  That's the reason I ordered two full sets.  Cannot beat that deal.  And as a bonus, the grips are made in the USA.

I'm pretty particular about my grips and I honestly don't remember liking a product this much, this fast.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

People mention Tour Velvets ... but they do not last long, even with cleaning. Plus, they're skinny. I normally use 2 wraps, but with Tour Velvets, I need 3.

I prefer Lamkin Grips -- they seem to last longer and have better quality materials.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use the Golf Pride New Decade Multi. Corded on top, but molded rubber on bottom. They are great. About 8 bucks a piece. Wipe them off after every round with a damp towel and then spray them with a light coat of fan belt conditioner. (bought at Autozone for about 5 bucks). Keeps them soft and tacky. I've had mine on for about 10 months and they are just like new, although if you buy the white ones, they will look dirty.

• 10 months later...

I put Lamkin Crossline full cords (plus 2 wraps) on my irons last season and the more I played with them the more I liked them.

I need a new driver grip, so I'm going to try the new Winn Duratech Hybrid this season.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

Note: This thread is 4116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!