IGNORED

Need some new golf shoes, what you all wearing?

Note: This thread is 5953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think the title says it all, I am in the hunt for some new golf shoes and I was wondering what the thinking was amongst the select few that grace this forum.

I am leaning towards either nike or adidas (only because I am a runner and know their gear better than the other brands).

What shoes ya wearing and why?

BigDog

"He has put some hurt on that ball Jack!"

Driver: R7 (BIGDOG)
3 wood: Ovation Tight Lies 630 VCG-RB
Hybrid: Staff 21 degreeIrons: 690 CB forged (4-PW)Wedges: 54 degreePutter: Guerin Rife Two Bar MalletBall: Bridgestone tour 330Home Course: http://gailesgolf.com.au

I have some FootJoy GF:II and I love them.

I have been known to take out the spikes and wear them to school.... they are very comfortable to say the least.

I'm a FootJoy guy though. I had a couple pairs of dry joys before the GF:II.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

I wear the adidas university in black with white stripes.
I have really wide (Quack Quack) feet and these fit the best and were relatively inexpensive as far as golf shoes go.

I have been eyeing those ecco shoes above though...
They sure do look nice.

Dual Point 10.5 Stiff Driver
Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Dual Slot 52, 56, 60 Wedges
Newport 2

Footjoys (Classics and MyJoys) all the way baby...comfort out of the box.

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

I wear the Nike SP-5 in white. I love em.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I have some old Footjoy Greenjoys, I believe? anywho, they are extremely comfortable, usually wear them when walking. Then I have some Nike SP-6's. These shoes are great. Comfortable, durable, expect nothing less from Nike. Wear them so much, I've replaced the spikes twice and the laces once. Then last year for Christmas got some of the Nike Shox Golf shoes. Man, I thought they would feel just like the running shoes, but yeah, not even close. The carcass of the shoe is pretty soft, and the sole very firm...weird, I know but I wear them every once in a while but not too often. Trying to wear them more hoping they'll get more comfortable but alas, they're not. With the Nike golf shoes, I find the spikes don't last long, so I usually switch them out to the Scorpions that are purple and silver.

I'll prolly get another pair of Nike SP-6's (or whatever is comparable) but this time they'll be all white.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

I have the Nike Shox golf shoes, I can't compare them to any other golf shoes, these being my first pair. They are just as comfortable as my Nike Shox running shoes to me.

Burner
V Steel 15
3DX 20 Degree
MX-25 4-PW
MP-T 51, 56, 60 Karsten Anser E6+ Shox Golf Shoes

Just got the Adidas Tour 360....Love 'em!

Driver: R7 460cc 9.5* (Stiff Shaft)
3W:Firesole (Reg Shaft)
Hybrid: 3i 22* graphite (Stiff Shaft)
Irons: G5 3-PW (Reg Shaft)
Wedges: iWedge 52* Vokey 56*Putter: White Steel 2-ballBall: Platinum One

I have worn Footjoy Dryjoys and GelFusions for the past several years, in part because they are sold by our local pro shop, and I can get them for quite a discount when the model year changes. While they are relatively comfortable, I don't think they are particularily special. I haven't tried Addidas. That brand interests me.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

I've always been a Footjoy fan (love the E Comforts). Currently I have 3 pair of golf shoes I wear, depending on what I'm wearing: Footjoy X Dimension (all black). They're ok; not nearly as comfortable as the E Comfort. Tried to get the GF II at one time but they didn't have my size. I also have some "sport" shoes (the kind that look almost like a tennis shoe) made by Bite. My buddy turned me onto those saying they were the most comfortable shoes he's ever worn. And honestly...they are pretty comfortable. After I got those and liked them so much, I found a discontinued model of "dressier" white w/black saddle shoes by Bite on eBay and got those for like $30.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

I ordered these shoes from local retailer, since I can never find shoes in a 14 wide in stock. They are Adidas Climacool Blaze. Around $100 after taxes. I play most of my golf in the afternoon after the course is dried out. They keep my feet fantastically cool, but all the vents let in water, so early morning dew would soak your socks. Good comfortable shoes. Only downside I see to them is that they are molded and you can't replace the spikes.

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

I bought some Ecco golf shoes while I was in Scottsdale this past February. I've had them a few months now and really like them. They are a traditional shoe with the alligator saddle. They seem a little heavier than my old FJ's but so far they've been great. I walk about half the time so I wanted a shoe that was comfortable and heard great things about Ecco which is why I paid the extra $$$ for them. Glad I did…
In my Ping Pioneer LC bag -
Driver: TaylorMade R11 10* closed
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11 15* open
Hybrid: Ping G15 20*
Irons: Ping G15 4, i15 5 - PWWedges: Ping Tour S 50*, 56* bent to 55*, 60*Putter: TaylorMade Daytona Ghost 34" 

Not sure if I am able to get the ecco golf shoes here in Oz, I'll have a look around and see what I think.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

BigDog

"He has put some hurt on that ball Jack!"

Driver: R7 (BIGDOG)
3 wood: Ovation Tight Lies 630 VCG-RB
Hybrid: Staff 21 degreeIrons: 690 CB forged (4-PW)Wedges: 54 degreePutter: Guerin Rife Two Bar MalletBall: Bridgestone tour 330Home Course: http://gailesgolf.com.au

I just got these - Adidas Nitro Dry Golf Shoe - Black / White (DICK'S EXCLUSIVE) - on sale for $59.
Walked 18 in them a week ago - very comfy.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

I purchased a pair of Callaway XTT Grand Slam golf shoes a few months back and love them...

In the Bag
Driver: Taylormade R7 limited
Fairway woods: X fairway 3 wood
Hybrids: G15 20 degree
Irons: G10 4-PW & SW

Putter: White Hot XG #1

Ball: NXT tour

The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight-Ben Hogan

Note: This thread is 5953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!