IGNORED

2012 WGC Cadillac - TPC Blue Monster at Doral Discussion Thread

TourSpoon
Note: This thread is 4414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger is picking up where he left off on Sunday. His first shot at Doral was a 355 yard drive down the middle, his second missed being a double eagle by a foot. -2 through 1, so we're officially on a 36 watch. Yes, I'm joking.

The hole is playing really easy, the scoring average is 4.1 at the moment. It was more like a birdie against the field. Still two good shots

Well, Tiger didn't waste any time reminding us who he was, using two shots to get to 22" on the opening par-5. 1. 355yds to Left Fairway, 173yds to hole 2. 174yds to Green, 1ft 10in to hole For those of us playing along at home, that doesn't get him the back-to-back eagles pin (although I'm sure he has that one already), since the last one was on the last hole of the last tournament. Still.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Two great shots by Tiger, so close for a double eagle. This could be good. Phil two over through 6 holes on the back nine. Lee Westwood started off with 3 bogies in a row on the back nine, 3 over through 4 holes. Looks like the back nine is playing tough.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Two great shots by Tiger, so close for a double eagle. This could be good. Phil two over through 6 holes on the back nine. Lee Westwood started off with 3 bogies in a row on the back nine, 3 over through 4 holes. Looks like the back nine is playing tough.

Tiger made bogey on 4 and Phil is back to even. Adam Scott is the leader thus far at -4 through 9. EDIT: Check that. Scott to -6 and Tiger falls back to even.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Wow, where did that putt come from? Tiger blew it 13 feet past the hole. I heard that he had resolved not to leave putts short, but that's overdoing it. 36 watch is off.

Originally Posted by jamo

Tiger made bogey on 4 and Phil is back to even. Adam Scott is the leader thus far at -4 through 9.

EDIT: Check that. Scott to -6 and Tiger falls back to even.

#4 is arguably the toughest hole on that course.

Rory hit an amazing 2nd shot on 1, to 12 ft from the deep stuff. Too bad he missed the eagle putt, birdie works...

Looks good for birdie on 2....

Was the the birdie of the year so far by Tiger? Crazy stuff.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

He had a clear line of sight, it probably looked more impressive than it really was. Not an easy shot by any means, but still. Nice to see Stricker playing well. Scott seems to be thriving in Australia-ish winds. Garcia looks like he's chipping all his short irons and wedges. Short backswing and a lot of forward lean at impact.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Frank Nobilo just dropped some d-plane knowledge.

In my bag:

Tough course. The rough seems to be swallowing the ball whenever you miss the fairway or green.

Dustin is trying to take out the camera guy. :-D

Webb Simpson put it in the middle of the lake on 18. A good 40 yards away from the fairway. That makes me feel better about my game

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Zwick

Webb Simpson put it in the middle of the lake on 18. A good 40 yards away from the fairway. That makes me feel better about my game

Did he walk out and play it from there?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!