IGNORED

2012 WGC Cadillac - TPC Blue Monster at Doral Discussion Thread

TourSpoon
Note: This thread is 4414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bubba's 2nd shot on 8 (@220) was just incredible (saw it as TGC shot of the Day). I was just to the left and he had the gallery move away fron the ropes and he just smokes it low near the path. I was amazed at the flight coming so close to us and how low it was only to be more amazed as it gets inside 10 feet. The only other smoking iron we saw was Tiger's stinger on 11.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Especially when admission is free with a preferred parking pass!

Wait, really? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Lol, I will rephrase...It was all free, preferred parking and tickets.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Bubba - leading in driving distance, greens in regulation...go figure.

Tweated something about getting some putting advice from someone today, but don't remember who he gave credit to.

Classic Bubba - "Bubba just bombed it today and when he blew it by Justin on one hole said how'd you like that rocketball?"

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

At the Honda if you checked your phone someone was on you. Today, it was just very relaxed and I snapped a couple when we were in a very small gallery. Doral is very spectator friendly in the way the course is laid out so you can see other players on the opposite nine. We did watch Dustin and Jason Day hit it in on 18 with Dustin missing it big. Other notables we saw were YE, Vijay, Clark, Mahan, Phil, Scott, Watney, Tiger, Sergio, Charl, and others. At one point I saw Vijay's group (5 majors in that group) walking with no gallery at the furthest point on the course. The weather was warm with the usual March breeze so it was a good day to be there.

I was shocked at the Atlanta Athletic Club for the PGA last year how little they policed the cell phones...and it was a MAJOR!! All they had were signs telling people to turn ringers off. I was amazed! People were snapping pictures and making calls all over the place. For example, there was even this older guy on 16, during the playoff when Keegan stuck that shot inside Duffner talking to his friend and giving him play by play just left of the green while they were putting!...talking as loud as possible! I looked at the guy right in the eye and said "Are you kidding me?, hang up the damn phone!" and he actually looked at me like I was the ass$%le. It was unbelievable! Why and when did they change this rule? They used to take your phones at the BMW and most others i've attended. They would cut off a finger if you brought one into Augusta. I was pissed because I couldn't take pictures and I was front row and center for the whole playoff. I am the guy in the white shirt and white hat kneeling down to the left of the girl in the yellow dress dangling her legs over the edge of the water. I couldn't take a picture so ended up Paying the kid in the orange Fowler gear kneeling next to me $5 to take a picture of me and my wife during the trophy ceremony and email it to me. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/236751/width/600/height/399][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/236751/width/600/height/399[/IMG][/URL]

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Oh, and my wife was actually the first person to go under the ropes to follow them up 18 fairway...not because she was excited but because she didn't know any better.  I was like what the hell are you doing, but then I realized "what are they gonna do, its over?"  so I followed and we ran up 18 and grabbed a spot. It was so much fun!

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Bubba - leading in driving distance, greens in regulation...go figure.

Bubba is second on Tour in GIR so far this year, and he's usually near the top.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

It helps having wedges into the green all the time, even if he's coming from the rough. Playing with a big shape on the shots can make him vulnerable, but short irons and wedges are easier to hold.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I just looked at the scores today so far and there are already some low scores and basically no one over par. The top guys have to shoot 65s today to gain anything

Watching morning drive this morning, and they were noting that the wind is really down right now, but is supposed to pick back up to 20+MPH in the afternoon.  Should compress the field a bit.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Sounds like the guys who go out for the first half of the day may have the advantage of shooting in great conditions while the leaders have to deal with the winds.  Somebody will take advantage of an early tee time...any predictions?

Branden Grace has already posted 64, and Martin Laird went out in 31 on the front 9.  Definitely some good scores to be had.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Sounds like the guys who go out for the first half of the day may have the advantage of shooting in great conditions while the leaders have to deal with the winds.  Somebody will take advantage of an early tee time...any predictions?

Branden Grace has already posted 64, and Martin Laird went out in 31 on the front 9.  Definitely some good scores to be had.

Brandon

Rory is already -2 thru 4, and just stiffed it on 5.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

In my fantasy team for this event I have:

Martin Kaymer

Greg Chalmers

Matt Kulchar

Nicolas Colsaerts

Branden Grace

Charl Schwartzel

Grace came up huge today for me, hope these other guys keep it rolling

Rory finally seems to find his form. Shot birdie on every single par 4 on the front nine. Messed up the first par 5 though, only getting a par, which is like giving a shot back to the field. There will definitely be some low numbers at the top of the leaderboard today. The guys trailing will have to shoot sub 65.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Nice looking top of the leaderboard - good balance of internationals/euros.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by Zwick

This course is playing way to easy without the wind. I don't like that...

Me neither, this course is way to easy with no wind.  Takes some of the excitement out of it when everyone is shooting 10 under.

I hope Tiger, Rory, and Bubba are all in the hunt tomorrow.

Note: This thread is 4414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!