IGNORED

Greeting from Japan

bilinguru
Note: This thread is 4405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everyone.

I'm a 46 year old Canadian living and working in Japan for the past 15 years.

I own and operate an English Conversation School in Kobe with my wife who is Japanese.

I have an MA in Linguistics.

I have been playing golf since I was 15 or so and am crazy about the game.

I had my handicap down to 4.5 several years ago, but was sidelined with an injury for close to a year and am just now getting it back to respectability.  I wish I had more time to dedicate to my game.

The Sand Trap looks like a good collection of knowledgeable people, so I look forward to some good exchanges and hopefully picking up some ideas that will help me get my game back on track.

Keep it on the Short Grass.

• Administrator

Good to have another lefty. :) You wrong-siders tend to be under-represented in golf! :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks iacas.  Yeah, but there are even fewer of them here in Japan, so finding good deals on equipment is tough sometimes.  I usually wait until I head to the states to do my shopping.

Konnichiwa!  How do you like living in Japan?  I lived in Nagoya for a few years when I worked there as an English teach and really liked it.  I often think about moving back, actually.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by bilinguru

It's been a great 15 years, but I'm actually thinking about moving back home in the not too distant future.

I can respect that.  I ended up moving back for family reasons myself.  I still go back at least every 3 years but its definetly not the same as living there full-time.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Yeah, my folks aren't getting any younger and my nieces are growing up so fast that I worry I won't be the uncle I should be in their mind.

Japan is a great place to live, but 15 years is a llllllloooooooonnnnnnnggggggg time.

Originally Posted by bilinguru

Yeah, my folks aren't getting any younger and my nieces are growing up so fast that I worry I won't be the uncle I should be in their mind.

Japan is a great place to live, but 15 years is a llllllloooooooonnnnnnnggggggg time.

I hear ya.  You gotta put family first.

Note: This thread is 4405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!