IGNORED

Who golfs with their wives?

Rednax1530
Note: This thread is 4419 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The first couple of years, my wife golfed with me every week.

Then she got upset every time the club fired someone and her interest has seriously dropped.

She will play whenever we got out with her father and I am getting her out this weekend for the first time in about 6 months.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My wife will golf with me every now and then. It's the right amount for us. I generally prefer golf to be a solitary experience or one with my buds.

I got my wife into golf about 3 years ago. When I started coaching our golf team she asked if she could ride in the cart with me during one of our matches. We have some incredible views at our course and she really loved it. That kind of hooked here. I won't teach her though, our local pro gives her lessons. We have played in a few couples tournaments which has been a lot of fun. She doesn't play anywhere near as much as I do so it's a nice balance.

I like to. But we dont often enough for my taste. It's usually nine, cocktails, good golf and a lot of laughs The key is tobremember you are not a golf teacher

Usually, golf is kind of my time with the fellas or some alone time.  Every now and then though, my wife will come with me and drive the cart.  We usually have a great time, and she seems to enjoy it.  I like getting her out with me, but she has no interest what so ever in learning the game. Oh well, more new stuff for me :)

Mine got into the game a couple years ago to try to find something we can do together. For the past 3 years we have had a membership and she plays as much as possible (about 40 rounds a year). It's a bit strange getting in trouble for not taking her with me but that's better then getting in trouble for playing too much golf ;). She even walks the course most times. And she isn't even any good at the game but she never slows down pace of play cuz she knows how much that drives me crazy! It is fun watching her get excited after she posts a good score on a hole (there are very few of those)! She even watches Tom Watson lessons of a life time and she loves trying to use the information she gets from it. How many guys get to say their wife has played TPC Las Vegas well I can and I didn't catch any flack for spending the money! Every vacation is planned around golf and she packs light so we don't get killed for checking the clubs on the plane. She attends all PGA and LPGA events with me never complains about following players around the course. She has even mentioned going to the Masters! She does get fed up when I watch 4 days of coverage on the golf channel I guess I shouldn't complain about that ...lol. Golf is the only chance we really get to spend quality time together since I am a cop and I work graveyards. So I am a lucky guy!

Mostly with the boys, or by myself, but my wife will ride a round with me five or six times a year.  I actually really like it when she says "I want to come drive the cart."  I don't like it so much when she says "I want to hit one!"

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I golf with my wife and love it. She had a set of clubs and would golf with her dad for fun. She introduced me to the game. There was a time when she was better than me, but over the years I put in the time at the practice range and she didnt and now the tables have turned.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I've been teaching my fiancee (to be wife in 2013) over the past year, but she hasn't really shown interest until I finally got her to turn comfortably and correctly. Now she's really interested in how to swing correctly.

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

When I came across this thread I was expecting a string of golf jokes.

True story: After playing 18 with a buddy of mine we went to meet our wives for drinks at a local pub. They asked how we did and we all chit chatted about golf for a while and I ended up saying to my wife, "hey, you guys should come out with us one day. You never know, you might enjoy it."  They both looked a little doubtful and then after a bit they both got up to go to the washroom, as soon as they were out of earshot my buddy punched me in the shoulder (hard) and blurted out, "ARE YOU ****ING RETARDED!!"

LOL, I never asked again.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

When I came across this thread I was expecting a string of golf jokes.

True story: After playing 18 with a buddy of mine we went to meet our wives for drinks at a local pub. They asked how we did and we all chit chatted about golf for a while and I ended up saying to my wife, "hey, you guys should come out with us one day. You never know, you might enjoy it."  They both looked a little doubtful and then after a bit they both got up to go to the washroom, as soon as they were out of earshot my buddy punched me in the shoulder (hard) and blurted out, "ARE YOU ****ING RETARDED!!"

LOL, I never asked again.

Sorry about that f-bomb and thanks for the edit, I forget sometimes.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 4419 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!