IGNORED

Smaller head driver suggestions???

Note: This thread is 3341 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Depends on how much smaller you want.  TM has a 430cc SLDR and Titleist 915D3 is 440cc.   If you want something the size of the TM SLDR Mini take a look at the Callaway X2Hot Deep or the yet to be released XR Deep

I've put them side by side, and the Callaway Deep woods look so much smaller than the Mini Driver, to the point where I feel like there's a joke that I'm not getting. The Deeps look smaller than most 3 woods I've hit. I don't see what's confidence inspiring about them. I say that as a Callaway nut who wants to love the 3Deep.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've put them side by side, and the Callaway Deep woods look so much smaller than the Mini Driver, to the point where I feel like there's a joke that I'm not getting. The Deeps look smaller than most 3 woods I've hit. I don't see what's confidence inspiring about them. I say that as a Callaway nut who wants to love the 3Deep.

The face shape is different, more driver like, but the head is relatively small.  I suggest you give them a test, you might be surprised by the distance gain you see over the standard Cally 3W.

Joe Paradiso

The face shape is different, more driver like, but the head is relatively small.  I suggest you give them a test, you might be surprised by the distance gain you see over the standard Cally 3W.

I've been very much dying to try them. Problem is that most stores near me don't have demo versions of it, and I feel bad asking the guys to tape a retail one up when I don't think I'll be walking out of the store with one. Hopefully Callaway ships more demo Deep clubs with the XR range this year.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

I don't really "get" the Mini Driver craze.  When I first started playing, I gamed a 2W (Callaway "The Deuce"), and now I game both an r7 Superquad 460cc driver and a Ping TiSI Tec (323cc).  323 is "mini" compared to 460cc, and I didn't have to pay $279.99 for one.  It was sitting in my garage the whole time.

I've been very much dying to try them. Problem is that most stores near me don't have demo versions of it, and I feel bad asking the guys to tape a retail one up when I don't think I'll be walking out of the store with one. Hopefully Callaway ships more demo Deep clubs with the XR range this year.

why?  its their job.  and a lot of the big box stores dont work on commission so it makes no difference to them.

Colin P.

Most guys wont care about that. Just depends on the personality i guess. each time you visit the store talk to these guys and start building friendships with them. I stop by Dick's so often, all theguys know me and actually frequently give me advice and tell me to try out some of the new clubs. Only takes a few seconds to throw some tape on one. Plus those should be pretty cheap now with all the new taylormade stuff

Note: This thread is 3341 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!