IGNORED

Iphone GPS apps: Golfshot vs Golflogix

Note: This thread is 3561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Golfshot or Golflogix?

• Golfshot
    • Golflogix

I just bought GolfShot for my Iphone 4S and took it out yesterday.  It worked well, and had the ability to track every swing to give me my personal yardages for each club.  Around the 7th hole, it started to freeze up, and was pretty worthless the rest of the round.  I  could still input my scores, but the GPS screen was just black.  From the sounds of it, that's not common, but it was frustrating to have it happen on my first outing.

The other feature that didn't work for me, was the ability to touch anywhere on the screen and get the yardage.  Like, if I wanted to know the distance to a bunker, I thought I could just tap the bunker and it would show the yardage.  But, it didn't matter where I tapped on the screen, nothing happened.  I ended up buying the GolfScape app that works with it, and it provided yardage to some of the main hazards, but it wasn't super user friendly.  It had me hold my phone up, camera pointing down the fairway, and tried to mark the hazards, but it didn't look great.  I'm going to read the user guide, and hope that it does more than that.

As for accuracy, it was always withing 3-5 yards of what the laser showed, and what the course markers showed.  That is close enough for me, and overall, I was really happy with it.  I'm heading out again today, and will hopefully figure out how to use it better.

I used Golflogix on both the Iphone 4 and now my galaxy note 2. As previously mentioned, a round with my iphone would pretty much kill the battery. With my Note 2 i only lose about 15-20 percent over 18. To be honest, i never heard of golfshot until now i'll have to look into it. I dont regret buying my memberships on golflogix thus far

• Upvote 1

I have downloaded and tested nearly every golf app on the iPhone app store.  Golfshot is by far the most reliable.  It is also easy to use as you are playing.  Add you club, did you miss it left of right, etc.  All can easily be done as you are walking the course or back to your cart.  I have a Callaway and Leupold range finder and my app is within a yard of them every time.  Since purchasing the app over a year ago my range finder stays in the bag.

I used golflogix the past two seasons. I had a Samsung Inspire previously and the app would crash every once and a while and my phone battery was terrible - nothing to do with the app, but it wasn't the best phone. It crashed sporatically when I wasn't using the app.

Now I have an iPhone 5 and hopefully the better battery will make it much more usable.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Golfshot. But they're almost equals. Golfshot is just cleaner IMO and since I use golfplan too it just integrates

Whats in the bag:

R11s 9* w/ Project X 6.0

R11s 15.5* w/ Project X Black 6.5

Rescue 11 3 Hybrid 18* w/ RIP Phenom

Taylormade TP CB 4-pw w/ Fujikura TP90

Titleist SM3 C.C. 52*7 56*14 60*4

Odessy Metal X from the Tour Van

To everyone who complain about battery life, you don't need to have your 3G turned on for GPS to work

Whats in the bag:

R11s 9* w/ Project X 6.0

R11s 15.5* w/ Project X Black 6.5

Rescue 11 3 Hybrid 18* w/ RIP Phenom

Taylormade TP CB 4-pw w/ Fujikura TP90

Titleist SM3 C.C. 52*7 56*14 60*4

Odessy Metal X from the Tour Van

I LOVE Golfshot for my iphone 5. It's head and shoulders better than the old 2.5 version was on my android.

It's clean, not very intrusive on my round, and generally pretty accurate.

I also really like being able to go in and check out all my stats from round to round.

Golflogix has more tracking which I like, but the interface is pretty ugly.

Originally Posted by breakingeighty

I LOVE Golfshot for my iphone 5. It's head and shoulders better than the old 2.5 version was on my android.

It's clean, not very intrusive on my round, and generally pretty accurate.

I also really like being able to go in and check out all my stats from round to round.

Golflogix has more tracking which I like, but the interface is pretty ugly.

I have to agree with this. Golfshot has a way nicer interface!

Current Bag:

:ping: G25 - 10.5  RBZ Stage 2 2H :ping: G25 20*/23* Hybrids

:ping: G25 Blue Dot 5-UW  CG16 - 54   CG16 - 58 

Putter  Kari Lajosi DD201 303SS  V2 Gamer

I have actually been going back and forth between which I like more...

I golfed on sunday with a guy who had a hand held sky caddie. I was using GolfLogix on my iPhone 5 for the round and our readings were identical. Only benefit he had was the screen being very easy to read and it did update to your current location quicker.

Current Bag:

:ping: G25 - 10.5  RBZ Stage 2 2H :ping: G25 20*/23* Hybrids

:ping: G25 Blue Dot 5-UW  CG16 - 54   CG16 - 58 

Putter  Kari Lajosi DD201 303SS  V2 Gamer

Originally Posted by MLPx

To everyone who complain about battery life, you don't need to have your 3G turned on for GPS to work

Or Bluetooth.

Bob E.

Dallas, TX

• 8 months later...
I've used GolfLogix on my iPhone 5 for a year and like it. Started with aerials but like it better now that I use art. Have tried to track clubs but too often forgot to "close out" the shot to make it worthwhile. It uses much less battery than my old SkyDroid did. Wish it would settle on a yardage more quickly. That's a pain. Met a guy who raved about GolfShot, especially that the fee is one-time, not annual. That's a big deal, so I'll try it out.

Golfshot does not run down the iPhone battery like GolfLogix does. GolfLogix is a better product in my opinion but I have to put my phone in sleep mode and then wake it up ten yards before arriving at my ball (walking). I like all the information I get with GolfLogix so I put up with it. Golfshot is simpler and faster. Because I don't have to put the phone in sleep mode, the GPS adjusts to my position. No waiting for it to update my position. So when I'm playing for speed and not keeping stats (just yardage and score), I use Golfshot. Yes you can keep stats on Golfshot without wearing down your iPhone battery. I don't know why GolfLogix uses so much more battery than Golfshot. I stick with GolfLogix because it has all my years of stats and rounds. Both are excellent apps.

I have garmin A1(which I love and recommend) I have also tried every GPS app on iTunes and golf shot is by far the best due to how easy it is to use and it's very accurate. My buddies all have rangefinders and they still confirm with me in the end!

I am a golflogix premium user and I love their app. I use it on an iPhone and it is very efficient with battery use. The distances always seem accurate, at least for my game :-) I like the zoom feature to "set the pin", the placement tool to get distances for a layup shot, and the score keeping ability. Keeping stats of gir, fairways hit, putts, scrambling percentage, pars and birdies by hole type etc, has been extremely helpful in helping me analyze what I need to work on.

In The Bag
Wishon 919 Driver 9.5
Wishon 4W 16.5
Wishon  21 degree hybrid
Sterling SL 6 - SW
Seemore CS FGP

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
Have been using golfshot for about 3 years. Used to be buggy on the android. Works great on the iPhone. Not sure what some of you are doing to have an issue with your battery. iPhone 5 and I get 2 rounds in on a battery. I play 36 a day all the time.

Bettinardi Golf Kuchar #2 Cobra Bio Cell+ Callaway Razr Hawk 3W TaylorMade SLDR 19H Mizuno JPX 825-Pro 4-AW Scor 55 & 60 (Wedges)

Note: This thread is 3561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!