IGNORED

What golf glove do you use?

Note: This thread is 5321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been using Taylor Made React which I like a lot. What is everyone else using? I see Cleveland came out with one and for obvious reasons I'm curious about that. Mizuno, Callaway Pro Series, Titleist Players I've used as well and the are all great gloves too. What do you think is the best?

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only glove I've used so far that I really liked was a Srixon I picked up at a course last week. It was only $12 (at an upscale Pro Shop) and I think it's synthetic, but it's far & away the best I've had so far.

TaylorMade r7 Tour Glove

Picked up 2 gloves for $20 at a clearance sale a few months back. Awesome glove. I'd definitely pay retail for another one.

Forget your opponents; always play against par. - Sam Snead

Driver: R580 9.5 deg
3-Wood: 15.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)
5-Wood: 18.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)Irons: TA-5 3-PWWedge: CG-12 56 degPutter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I got a few Taylor Made React's fairly recently on clearance for something like $4 each at Target. Couldn't believe the price... was just killing time and saw them on a rack. Haven't tried the R7 (perhaps that's why the React was so cheap) but if they are anything like the React I may give them a shot.

Oh yeah, sorry if this is a duplicate thread. I didn't see a similar one (I did look) but I imagine it has been discussed at some point.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I use what ever i find that fits well and is a decent price. I dont like paying more that $10 on a glove because i go through them often. I usually forget them in pants and they go through the wash

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

Leather only, no synthetic crap. The glove connects me to the club so it is too important to pinch pennies on. Right now I am using the new PING m-fit golf glove. I really like it, its the best glove I have ever used. I have also used Nike, Titleist, and Footjoy and they were fine too.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I favor the TaylorMade React glove as well, feels great and fits good. I especially like that the end of the glove extends just beyond my wrist than other gloves which always seem too short on the wrist area causing me to continually pull it down on my hand.

So far I've used the Nike Tech, Dura Feel, Callway X-spand series and the cheapo Walmart ActiveWorks brand and the TaylorMade works the best for me.

p.s. the Walmart brand busted on me after just 3 months, ripped on the palm of my hand. The Nike glove though I'd have to say though I use mostly for practice rounds and driving range has held up really well.
In my Viper by Hippo Golf stand bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore 10.5° Fujikara reg. flex
Woods: 3- MacGregor NVG2 Fujikara reg. flex
Hybrids: 3 & 4-Taylor Made Rescue Mid
Irons: Titleist 775.cb w/Graphite Shafts (5-GW)Wedges: Cleveland 588 Tour Action SW & 60° lob Putter: Taylor Made Monza...

Callaway, small. Fits like, well, a glove. I've tried a bunch of other ones, especially last summer when I hit the range for 2 hours per night.

I also use Roger Dunn's store brand, mainly because I haven't seen the Callaway being sold on the shelves at my local shop. Maybe I should check other shops.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I have been using Taylor Made React which I like a lot. What is everyone else using? I see Cleveland came out with one and for obvious reasons I'm curious about that. Mizuno, Callaway Pro Series, Titleist Players I've used as well and the are all great gloves too. What do you think is the best?

I'm using a Mizuno right now, but that glove is starting to wear out, after about 25 rounds. I have another Mizuno in my bag for the day that the glove falls apart, plus I have two Callaways and a Wilson somewhere in the house. The Wilsons are incredibly cheap--I've worn a hole in them in as few as two rounds before. I'm just now wearing a hole in the Mizuno after 25. Haven't played with the Callways yet; but they fit pretty good and there's no reason for them to fall apart anytime soon.

Oh, and they're all extra-large.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I'm using a Footjoy right now. For feel and durability it's been the best I've tried thus far. The Nicklaus brand glove from Costco are pretty decent, and you can't beat the price.

I tried some Callaway gloves that were being sold at Costco, and they were crap. I wore a hole in the palm after a week of practice - something that takes me a month to do normally.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

I wear various synthetic brands for practice, I really sweat and can destroy any leather glove in 3-4 sessions. I use any major brand caberetta glove, found on sale, as long as it comes in ML cadet I don't care.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

• Administrator
I use one made by my very own body. I believe it's commonly referred to as "skin."

I don't wear a glove. Never have. Seems like a pretty dumb way to waste $15 every three or four rounds to me. By all means, all of you can keep doing it - I just don't see the point. I've never had a club slip that I thought a would have been saved by a glove.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I use one made by my very own body. I believe it's commonly referred to as "skin."

I used to be that way, but I started getting blisters on my left hand from swinging too many times. I was more or less forced into getting a glove, but now that I'm used to it, you couldn't pry me loose from it.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Ive always used Slazenger gloves. They usually last me 20 rounds or so before a hole pops through. But they always keep thier soft feel and touch which is why I like em.
Driver FT-3 9deg w/ Aldila NV 65-S
3wood Rescue 3 15deg
Irons R7 TP w/ Flighted Rifle 6.5
Wedges 48deg TA900, 53deg TA588, 58deg TA900
Putter 2 ball center shaftedBall NXT Tour

I used to be that way, but I started getting blisters on my left hand from swinging too many times. I was more or less forced into getting a glove, but now that I'm used to it, you couldn't pry me loose from it.

If you get blisters, there is usually a problem with your grip, not the lack of a glove. What I've read is that it means you're gripping too tight. I can hit 300 balls at the range and never get a hint of a blister or a callous. I might get a sore back these days, but no problem with my hands.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 5321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!