IGNORED

What is currently your biggest frustration with your swing and golf in general?

goodatgolf
Note: This thread is 4326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That my swing doesn't come out the way I see it in my head.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Simple, inconsistency, especially going from the range to the course.  I know, common complaint but still frustrating nonetheless.  I can spend hours at the range, end up hitting exactly how I want to hit--accurate and controlled with distance, even a nice draw if I focus--yet as soon as I step foot on a tee box it all generally goes to hell.  I can hit a 7-iron 140-150 yards at the range (assuming the markers are correctly marked, beginning to think they are not) but on the course, lucky to hit 130.  Putting could also use improvement and yet it is the one aspect of golf I practice the least, and I have no idea why because I actually enjoy putting.

Last but not least, I am most frustrated with not having the time to pursue golf to the extent I would like.  I have been able to play three times this year, and have hit the range an equal number of times.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Occasionally pick my head up while swinging causing thin/erratic shots. Getting better, but still happens.

Slice...only troubles me with the driver and every once in a long while i'll slice a 3 wood. Again, getting better, but can't seem to get rid of it for good.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Re-learning things I already know how to fix. It's frustrating in the interim between forgetting and re-learning, and it makes the practice almost a waste of time. It's amazing how many times I've fixed something in my swing, practiced it, felt good about it, confirmed that it was a good change to make, understood why it was improving my swing, and then taken a week or two off from practice only to go back and completely forget it and need to re-learn it. Not forget how to do it, simply forget to do it. A couple of these things are steeper shoulder turn, keeping my weight left, and above all keeping the right arm in to my body and not flaring it out for awkward make-shift leverage through impact. I've had really good sessions where those all clicked, only to forget about them at a later session. I'll be struggling to hit well for a few sessions in a row, and half-way through my bucket of balls one day I'll realize that I'm doing something completely wrong again and, for example, my shoulders have crept back to being too flat.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

My biggest frustration in my swing is my lack of hip slide.  I know all the pieces that need to be there to make a beautiful swing, but I cant talk my body into doing it properly all the time.

Mine is my driver, have really struggled with it over the years. I am also not a huge ball hitter but I've been working on both all winter and I believe I have increased my swinging speed a fair amount and fixed my driver issues but won't know for sure till I can hit the course in a few more weeks. Once I can get those down I will be able to get myself down to scratch or very close to it. When I get within about 100 yards I match a scratch golfer, it's just getting there..lol. When I'm only hitting barely over 200 it can leave with a long iron or hyrbid into the greens. My goal on average length par 4's this year is to be hitting a 7 or 8 at least into it instead of a hybrid or 5 iron. I know that will bring about a big score drop for me.

Not enough time to practice. I have Inconsistant ball direction. Sometimes I fade, sometimes Im dead straight, and sometimes I pull it to the left. Its been tough. Im looking forward to the day i can draw the ball.

So far this year it's driver consistency. I give up 3 or 4 shots a round (at least) because of OB driver shots or having to punch out because of my bad drive. I can put a pretty consistent slice on it, but I lose so much distance that way and really don't wanna play that shot. Once the range opens, I'm getting a camera and fixing this thing. That and 20+ foot putts. I need to get those closer consistantly.

I hate hitting it fat.  I have actually never swung it better than I have lately but, about 2 or 3 shots per hundred, I just hit about 6 inches behind the ball.  I can live with hitting it a little bit fat sometimes but that just really annoys me.

I hit my irons consistently well, but I'll fan one out to the right every once in a while that is just a completely different shot from everything else I'm hitting (like instead of a 5-10 yd fade it goes about 40 to the right). But really it's just that I hit my irons so well, but I am randomly incapable of hitting my hybrid, 3 wood, and driver even remotely as well as I was last year. I don't have a consistent miss, consistent ball flight, or consistent yardage, so off the tee, I have no clue what direction, or how far said clubs will go, so it makes it a lot harder to plan out the hole from the green back.

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

Mine is that no matter what I try I can't hit a straight shot with an Iron on the range. I hit 8/10 45 degrees straight to the right. And this is after I got my hndcp down to a 9 last year and was hitting 10-14 GIR per round. I walk off the range every single day as a sad sad panda

:whistle:

Playing bad golf and how short I hit the ball can frustrate me. I try to play the back tees wherever I play for more than one reason and the fact my driver only flies 230-235 and my 7i goes about 155 puts me at a disadvantage on courses 7,000+. Most people are play golf with are just so far past me. I can normally keep up score wise because I have a good short game but it's still tough.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

Slicing my driver, lack of range, and PUTTING. Need I say more?

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Originally Posted by Zeph

That I'm a driving range hero. Hits everything on a string at the range, but a bit more of a loose cannon at the course.

+1 to that, I get to the course and it goes out of my head, or like last weekend it worked well for 3 holes then went all out the window on the 4th.

My inability to relax and execute up to my skill and ability level. My confidence is fragile and if I hit a couple poor shots I tense up, hit a couple more bad shots become frustrated and to often completely lose my game. As a result I often play like a high handicap player than the 12-13 handicap on my card.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Note: This thread is 4326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!