IGNORED

Inside out downswing

Note: This thread is 4370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well I think I've finally accomplished it. After a couple lessons, reading and watching to nothing clicking...a guy at the course says keep your steep backswing and swing out. I said I do and showed him a couple and he said I was inside inside or out to in. Thinking I was dropping in, I was not. He told me to exaggerate my hands and club to feel a loop coming inside when I started down. First few were shanks, but slowly started not only making solid contact but I stopped hitting off the toe. I really hope that this loop feeling is right and not causing more faults. Anyone else feel a loop to get inside? I haven't filmed it yet, but I'm hoping it's mainly just dropping and not a big loop like it feels.

Depends where your hands are at the top of the backswing. I've worked on a position where I don't need to drop the hands and loop them around. I believe a loop creates an unnecessary detour of the hands and club on the way down. It also require a bit more timing and coordination. I want to be able to swing the hands and club relatively straight down towards the area of the ball from the top. With the higher hands, you have to loop them to avoid a big out-in path. Whatever works, but it's a good idea to know what your top position looks like and how you get from there to impact. Nothing wrong with a loop, lots of tour players does it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Eons ago... right after Couples won his Masters, Golf Magazine had a piece about his "loop lob", where basically he made the move that you are talking about.  Of course, if you look at his swing, he makes a little bit of this loop move by lifting his hands and then dropping his hands into the slot.  I tried it for a while, but I also swayed instead of turning, so my hips were always in the way.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!