IGNORED

The 2012 Heritage at Harbour Town Discussion Thread

k-troop
Note: This thread is 4363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, no one seems to want to move on from the Masters, so I'll start this thread.

Harbour Town is one of my favorite events of the year.  PGA Tour players seem to like this event, as a vacation week for families and a nice wind down after the pressure of the WGC stretch and build-up to the Masters.  It's a beautiful, challenging, different golf course, and always draws a solid field.

Luke Donald:  he's certainly my favorite for the week.  He's incredibly accurate, putts well, has a solid history at the course, and is in great form.  I look for him to extend his OWGR lead this week, at least.

Ernie Els:  obviously he's playing quite well.  He was in contention for four straight weeks leading into the Masters, but couldn't get it done.  After a week off, and with a little bit of the pressure lifted, I'd be surprised if he wasn't in contention on Sunday afternoon.

Matt Kuchar:  Kuch has been knocking at the door a lot lately, and it's basically a home event for him.

Very disappointed that DL3 had to withdraw.  I always love watching him play this event.  He's had a couple of respectable finishes this year, and he always seems to raise his game at Harbour Town.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm really excited for the Donald/Snedeker/Stanley pairing tomorrow and Friday. I also realized I've yet to play Harbor Town on TW12, but also that a good friend of mine has similarly not done so. So we're going to play it a few times this week on a relatively level playing field. So that's neat.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I love Harbor Town. Have had the opportunity to play it a couple of times. And it is so different from Augusta - ANGC has wide open fairways, expansive. HT is almost claustrophobic in comparison with the hallway fairways & small greens. It almost makes you rub your eyes after watching the Masters. :)

And the irony of the courses - HT is tight with a wide-open 18th hole. ANGC is wide open with a tight (at least off the tee) 18th hole.

Originally Posted by Shindig

I also realized I've yet to play Harbor Town on TW12, but also that a good friend of mine has similarly not done so. So we're going to play it a few times this week on a relatively level playing field. So that's neat.

I always take Donald when I play Harbour Town on TW12 (for Wii), and I think his all-time high score (in my living room) is like 68.  Sets up perfectly for him (in video game world, at least).

Kevin

I wish I was in Hilton Head this week!!!   I'm up north and it is killing me.  The heritage may be my favorite tournament that I have ever attended...aside from the Masters.  And I have been to three PGA's, Two US Opens and a bunch of others.   It's just so laid back and cool in Hilton Head.  So jealous of my family who all gets to go while I am stuck in NW Indiana.

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

I have only watched a little bit but I did get to see John Daly smoking. I really don't care for seeing that for some reason. I would rather see Tiger pitch a fit than see John smoke.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I have only watched a little bit but I did get to see John Daly smoking. I really don't care for seeing that for some reason. I would rather see Tiger pitch a fit than see John smoke.

I'll pass on both but at least CBS won't show footage of each single cigarette John lights up.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I am anxious, actually attending the tournament on Saturday for the first time in the 11 years I have lived in Hilton Head.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Originally Posted by GJBenn85

I am anxious, actually attending the tournament on Saturday for the first time in the 11 years I have lived in Hilton Head.

The course looks great, have fun

Here's a vid of Kip Henly, Brian Gay's caddie, vs an alligator

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Is it safe to poke an alligator like that? It may be dozing in the sun, but still pretty big.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by Zeph

Is it safe to poke an alligator like that? It may be dozing in the sun, but still pretty big.

You could end your career doing that.  Remember what happened to Chubbs?

Seriously, though, I used to live in Savannah, and played tons of golf between there and Hilton Head.  You rarely make it through 18 on many of these courses without seeing an alligator.  I've never heard of anyone being attacked on any of the courses I regularly played, but I've never seen anyone challenge one, either.

All three guys I was following this week (Els, Donald, Kuchar) stunk it up yesterday, but have moved well within the cut line today.  Can't wait to watch a little on Saturday.

Kevin

My wife, daughter and I went to the Masters in Augusta and then on to the Heritage in Hilton Head. We were pleasantly surprised with the marked improvement in the town of Augusta since my last visit ten years ago. The locals were great and the dining excellent. My daughter is quite beautiful, but we we surprised at the reaction she received from both golfers and caddies. This was also true at the Heritage. Pictures have been circulating of her in her green dress by the putting green. Nothing offensive was ever said or done, but I would have thought that professional athletes would not be seemingly shocked to see an attractive girl. At first we thought some confused her for Tigers ex wife, but I am not sure. Whe we go to Charlotte in a few weeks I will advise her to dress down.

Well, she certainly couldn't get her dress up any more.

3c11fb09be9d2dc69e3bf5eab7a7c384.jpg

So nice of her to give the young man in the motorized contrivance a moment, though.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Well, she certainly couldn't get her dress up any more.

3c11fb09be9d2dc69e3bf5eab7a7c384.jpg

So nice of her to give the young man in the motorized contrivance a moment, though.

Welltravel, is that your daughter? If so, where is the rest of her dress? Call me old fashioned, but no way is my daughter getting out of the house in that outfit!

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Highlight today was seeing Michael Bradley make eagle on the 16th. This was my first time seeing pros in person and I am amazed at how slow and methodical they are. The TV cameras make them seem much faster in play because they do not show how many practice swings they take and how long they analyze the next shot, Also, seems the Heritage is more about the party than the golf. Bit disappointing, but still hand fun....lots of drunk people leaving tonight, however.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Note: This thread is 4363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!