IGNORED

The 2012 Heritage at Harbour Town Discussion Thread

k-troop
Note: This thread is 4389 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by welltravel

My daughter is quite beautiful, but we we surprised at the reaction she received from both golfers and caddies. This was also true at the Heritage. Pictures have been circulating of her in her green dress by the putting green. Nothing offensive was ever said or done, but I would have thought that professional athletes would not be seemingly shocked to see an attractive girl.

Hmmm, let's see.  A girl walks around with a dress cut just below her butt, and you are surprised.  Sure, Dad.

OMG she may be hotter than Holly Sonders. We don't even need to see her face. WOW!

I don't think it was that guys daughter he was speaking of.

The guy in the wheel chair won't be able to sleep now.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Pictures have been circulating of her in her green dress by the putting green. Nothing offensive was ever said or done, but I would have thought that professional athletes would not be seemingly shocked to see an attractive girl. At first we thought some confused her for Tigers ex wife, but I am not sure. Whe we go to Charlotte in a few weeks I will advise her to dress down.

Girls who dress like that usually get lot of attention.

The dress is ridiculous - and she needs to eat.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

My wife, daughter and I went to the Masters in Augusta and then on to the Heritage in Hilton Head. We were pleasantly surprised with the marked improvement in the town of Augusta since my last visit ten years ago. The locals were great and the dining excellent. My daughter is quite beautiful, but we we surprised at the reaction she received from both golfers and caddies. This was also true at the Heritage. Pictures have been circulating of her in her green dress by the putting green. Nothing offensive was ever said or done, but I would have thought that professional athletes would not be seemingly shocked to see an attractive girl. At first we thought some confused her for Tigers ex wife, but I am not sure. Whe we go to Charlotte in a few weeks I will advise her to dress down.

You sound a lot like Fake WSimpson. I doubt she is your daughter.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Shorty

Girls who dress like that usually get lot of attention.

The dress is ridiculous - and she needs to eat.

now you shut your Australian mouth. She is just fine. Very, very, fine.

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Although I agree that a picture is worth a thousand words, I sorta thought that there might be some discussion of the leaders on this thread.

To kick that off, I`ll quote myself from 2 weeks ago on the Ernie Els Master (non) invite thread

Originally Posted by MEfree

Sounds like Ernie didn`t play it as well off the course as he did on, but considering he is top 35 on both the Fed Ex Cup and Race to Dubai, I think he deserves an invite...the Masters is just too exclusive...last year Web Simpson was #2 on the final money list (and had won close to $1 M prior to the Masters), but did not get invited.

This year, among others, Carl Peterson is #15 on the Fed Ex Cup standings and rookie Bud Cauley #30 but no invites for them.

If Peterson holds onto his lead today he will move to #4 on the Fed Ex Cup list- that will be 3 top 2 finishes for him this year including a solo 2 the week before the Masters and a win the week after the Masters.  Not sure how he would have done at Augusta, but it would have been nice to see one of the hottest players on tour there.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Originally Posted by MEfree

Although I agree that a picture is worth a thousand words, I sorta thought that there might be some discussion of the leaders on this thread.

To kick that off, I`ll quote myself from 2 weeks ago on the Ernie Els Master (non) invite thread

If Peterson holds onto his lead today he will move to #4 on the Fed Ex Cup list- that will be 3 top 2 finishes for him this year including a solo 2 the week before the Masters and a win the week after the Masters.  Not sure how he would have done at Augusta, but it would have been nice to see one of the hottest players on tour there.

Listening to people at the Heritage yesterday when discussing the leaders, it was often said "Who the hell are Peterson and Knost?"  I'd never heard of them until this past week, guess it shows how little I pay attention to leaders and instead look at a few select "big" names.  Have to admit I am impressed with their games, especially considering their physiques (not exactly what you would expect from today's players).

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Originally Posted by GJBenn85

Listening to people at the Heritage yesterday when discussing the leaders, it was often said "Who the hell are Peterson and Knost?"  I'd never heard of them until this past week, guess it shows how little I pay attention to leaders and instead look at a few select "big" names.  Have to admit I am impressed with their games, especially considering their physiques (not exactly what you would expect from today's players).

I think this is pretty typical of most golf fans- Knost won the 2007 US Am, but has less than $1 M PGA Tour and 600 K NW earnings.  Pettersson has done a lot more as a pro with 16+ M earnings, 4 wins and an OWGR that has mostly fluctuated between about 50 & 120 the last 8+ years.  But with a high rank of 23 and only 2 top 10s (and no top 5s) in majors, the average fan has not heard of him.  Last year he got into the Masters (and missed the cut) from a mid-2010 win but was not playing well leading up to it having finished outside the top 35 in his previous 8 tournaments.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Knots won both the US Amateur and Public Links in 2007, then immediately turned professional, forfeiting his invitation to the Masters and US and British Opens. He played in the 2007 Walker Cup matches, and it would be fair to say he's had the most disappointing pro career thus far of any player on either side. One must wonder if Knost regrets his initial decision. Pettersson was born in Sweden, but has lived in North Carolina since he was a teenager. He's had a good career, but good Lord, does he make golf an ugly game to watch.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Knost's professional career has been very disappointing. I was very surprised when he didn't at at least wait until after the Masters to turn pro, thinking it might well be the only chance he gets.

Unfortunately, one thing that golf does NOT need is someone who looks like him winning a golf tournament and giving the game bad publicity it doesn't need.

It's bad enough watching  the parade of morbidly obese volunteers and spectators at tournaments week in, week out, but when you see a young player with such blatant disregard for his health, it only reinforces the stereotype that golf is for non athletes. In the last 5 years he has clearly not made an effort to moderate his unhelathy lifestyle and he will be paying for it big time.

Please, Camillo-----get some form back

Originally Posted by rossvanwyk

There's so many things wrong with your last post I don't know where to begin.

Well how about having a go?

Are you going to say that obese people are not to blame for their own condition? Are you going to describe obesity as a "disease"?

I'll bet you are going to say that people can be obese, but still healthy, or that obesity is not a consequence of poor lifestyle choices.

You think that morbidly obese players are a good look for our game?

You think that obesity amongst the general population is a good thing?

You don't think people should take personal responsibility for their own health?

You don't think that golf should be presented as a healthy activity for healthy people?

You don't think that health systems in wealthy countries are run down by preventable illnesses, mostly caused by gluttony?

It's big belly day on the PGA Tour.  Petterson, Knost, Weekley.  All could use less buffet and more sit-ups.

Shorty's right... and I'm somewhere between Knost and Petterson physique wise.

• Upvote 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Is it just me or do both of them have a very bizarre golf swing that seems to defy all normal thinking. almost charles barkleyish.

Kenny Perry swings strange as well.

Originally Posted by bwdial

It's big belly day on the PGA Tour.  Petterson, Knost, Weekley.  All could use less buffet and more sit-ups.

Shorty's right... and I'm somewhere between Knost and Petterson physique wise.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Knost's professional career has been very disappointing. I was very surprised when he didn't at at least wait until after the Masters to turn pro, thinking it might well be the only chance he gets.

Unfortunately, one thing that golf does NOT need is someone who looks like him winning a golf tournament and giving the game bad publicity it doesn't need.

It's bad enough watching  the parade of morbidly obese volunteers and spectators at tournaments week in, week out, but when you see a young player with such blatant disregard for his health, it only reinforces the stereotype that golf is for non athletes. In the last 5 years he has clearly not made an effort to moderate his unhelathy lifestyle and he will be paying for it big time.

Please, Camillo-----get some form back

Just leave the fat people alone already. Quit being such a snob. You're not perfect either. Let's see a photo of you? What do you have one eye or something? What's your problem? You are judging people by there physical appearance. Don't be an A-HOLE!

• Upvote 1

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Motley01

Just leave the fat people alone already. Quit being such a snob. You're not perfect either. Let's see a photo of you? What do you have one eye or something? What's your problem? You are judging people by there physical appearance. Don't be an A-HOLE!

Being within a healthy weight range is not perfection. And a young man who is fast tracking himself to an early grave needs to wake up.
I can promise you that I am healthy and don't exist on a diet of pies and Coke. That doesn't make me "perfect".

We're criticising physical appearance that is self inflicted, not colour of skin or mental capacity.

Would you be happy if your spouse or child was morbidly obese? It's not an illness. Would you think it wrong for someone top criticise them?

I will always criticise peiple who endanger their own health, the health of others and those who use up scarce resources like medical services.

Part of the problem with obesity is that people like you, presumably, behave as if it's not an important thing and that it's wrong to "judge".

And if caring about health makes me a snob, then call me a snob. There probably should be more judgement, not less, so that people don't think that being 10 stone overweight is OK. It's not.

Beats getting knee replacements, diabetes and early death.

Let alone a seriously shortened golfing life.

Note: This thread is 4389 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!