IGNORED

Comfort Club!

CoryMartin
Note: This thread is 4367 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was curious out there I know most people have one or two comfort clubs that they just feel the most secure about in a bad situation or a go to situation. I was curious what some of ya'lls comfort clubs were. For me its: 56* 8iron 7 wood More on the 56* wedge. It is something I hit everyday for hours a day at the house from 5ft to 100yards. Aimed at the barn, the dog, the cows, the trees, the shed, even some pieces of plywood set out. I feel when I have it in my hands that I will get it within a reasonable distance to the hole. My stepdad gave it to me when he got a new 60* and I haven't sat it down yet!

Razr X Tour 6 Hybrid.  I love that club.  30* lofted hybrid with very little offset.  Can hit it off tees on par 3s from 130 to 170 yards and get close usually.  Can move ball forward in stance and hit a huge high ball over trees, or move back in stance and hit a waist-high line drive.  I feel like I can hit whatever shot I want with the club.  Its my layup club on most par 5s, my tee club on most par 3s, and my get out of trouble club.  My buddy added a cobra 5 and 6 hybrids to replace his 5 and 6 irons and instantly took like 7 strokes off.  I love that mid-loft hybrid.  SO much easier than a "real" 6 iron.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Razr X Tour 6 Hybrid.  I love that club.  30* lofted hybrid with very little offset.  Can hit it off tees on par 3s from 130 to 170 yards and get close usually.  Can move ball forward in stance and hit a huge high ball over trees, or move back in stance and hit a waist-high line drive.  I feel like I can hit whatever shot I want with the club.  Its my layup club on most par 5s, my tee club on most par 3s, and my get out of trouble club.  My buddy added a cobra 5 and 6 hybrids to replace his 5 and 6 irons and instantly took like 7 strokes off.  I love that mid-loft hybrid.  SO much easier than a "real" 6 iron.

Are the hybrid really that good? I have thought about getting one, the only one we have is a pawn shop 3 hybrid that is pretty nice just haven't really used it "much".

I've got the RazrX 3 and 4 hybrids.  Awesome clubs.  Just got the 4 hybrid.  Did a side by side comparison with it and my 4 iron.  About 10 yards longer on perfect contact than the real 4 iron.  On mishits easily 20 to 30 yards longer.  So much easier to hit.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

52* Vokey wedge. I use it for everything around the greens. Given my inability to hit many GIR, I made a point of making friends with a short club so that I was in a decent position once I got close to the green. It's paid off.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

If I can make the yardage work by choking up or letting it rip, my 4-hybrid is a comfort club. Often I feel more comfortable with a 4-hybrid than I do with a 6-iron.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

It's a no brainer, the 2 clubs I've had in my bag for about 20 years, my putter and 64 degree wedge. I wish that I could be that comfortable with every club in my bag, I just might play better.

David

I would have to say 8 iron. For some reason I can just always hit that club perfectly and looking down at it when addressing the ball is definitely comforting. Also my 52 degree wedge. That one I can almost always hit to a certain distance.

:whistle:

50* Vokey. You can tell, too, it has the most visible wear on the clubface. I use it for about 99% of my greenside play and its my absolute money club from 85-105 yards. I also love my 8 iron as its my most used for approach shots and chip and runs.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Depends how far I want to hit the ball... Don't really have any club I trust more than others. If I don't want to risk stuff from the tee I'll hit 3 wood or 4 iron. I'm comfortable with all my irons. It is always a decision you have to make on a bad lie. If I got 170 yards left, but can't hit it with a 6i, I might club down to 8i and hit it lower.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

If I'm struggling off the tee I will go to the 4 iron. Sometimes the 3 iron. Nothing like hitting a solid stinger long iron 230 to build your confidence

Driver:  R9 Supertri 10.5* -  909D3 9.5*

2 Hybrid:  2009 TP Rescue 17*

Irons:  R9 TP 3-PW

Wedges:  Vokey 54* & 60*

Putter:  2Ball Vline 34"

my driver never comes out of the bag cos i just cant hit it. my 5 wood is my club, 5 wood off the tee on par 4's, i can hit it loooong so im not missing out too much cos my driver goes further right than it does forward.

Note: This thread is 4367 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!