IGNORED

What are your other sports/hobbies/activities?

dak4n6
Note: This thread is 3962 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mine are tennis - I'm a self rated 4.5. Also kayaking and fishing, preferably together (stripers, flounder, weakies). I also have a nice fast road bike, but haven't been on it much lately (too much golf!). And, I've played guitar for about 30 yrs, been in some bands, will never stop playing, love my Schecter C1.

Oh yeah, and wine....grapes + yeast = love.

dak4n6

• Administrator

I like virtually all sports, particularly hockey and pool/billiards (I have a custom 9' Olhausen in the pool room over our garage).

I like reading, but have NO time for it. I like watching TV, but only have time for that in the background as I watch work.

I too bike and kayak, but I kayaked a LOT more when I lived in Florida.

And that's about it. It's pretty much golf 24/7 "recreationally." I don't drink, and am more of a homebody than a party animal.

Good topic.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Softball, home brewing, watching baseball or football.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

+1 for home brewing! Just started after finally moving to a house with enough space for it.

Cooking, particularly barbeque. Used to like baking bread, but we have a wheat allergy in the family now so I've given that up.

Otherwise, mostly playing with the kids and wasting time on the Internet. Occasionally play classical guitar and mean to do that more (I keep my fingernails in playing shape in the hopes that the effort will spur me to actually play it).

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Originally Posted by dsc123

Softball, home brewing, watching baseball or football.

Interesting. IMO, the baseball swing is incompatible with the golf swing because of the huge difference in weight placement, and my son is testament to that. He's been playing G 2 yrs after 6 yrs of baseball, and I'm still constantly telling him 'get your weight off your back foot and on to your front foot!'.

More power to you if you can make both work

dak4n6

Zeg, just as I've learned to play golf mostly via the internet, I learned everything I know about home brewing from this site: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/ (and a couple of books).  Everything from how the process works, to recipes, to how to convert a chest freezer into a "keezer" with three kegs.

dak4n6 , right now I'm working on fixing the flying right elbow in my golf swing which is really a baseball move.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by dsc123

Zeg, just as I've learned to play golf mostly via the internet, I learned everything I know about home brewing from this site: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/  (and a couple of books).  Everything from how the process works, to recipes, to how to convert a chest freezer into a "keezer" with three kegs.

Similar story here, and I am quite familiar with HBT (I'm on there with the same username). No kegging yet though, no space and I'm partial to bottles.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Great question.

My other sports:

Played Collegiately: Football & Track/Field.

Coach High School currently: Football.

Watch: NFL, Boxing & Track & Field.

Other hobbies:

Computers & mobile electronics hardware

Technology in general(audio/video, silicon advancement, mobile communications, etc)

Health & Nutrition

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Single-digit-handicap home cook.

Scratch church choir singer.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

High School: Football Soccer Track and field then discovered golf last year of high school University, etc: Golf, fishing, snowboarding, College student radio DJ--I have an embarrassingly gluttonous record/CD collection. Homebrew--In college, before the internet, all we had were recommendations from the guy at the home brew store. I went to med school with Lee Janson MD. PhD--author of Brew Chem 101--learned a lot from him. The Cat's Meow was the big resource on the net back then. Currently: I compete on the Texas BBQ circuit, LSBS and IBCA--mostly it's brisket, ribs, chicken. With work/family schedules I have time for maybe 4 events a year. Still do some fishing and snowboarding when I can.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I love making music. Mostly electronic, but I play bass & drums as well. I've got a modular synthesizer obsession that rivals my golf obsession. I spend a lot of my free time writing code also. I've been spending most nights on an iPad lately. Before that, it was an arduino. This hobby is profitable, which is a plus. I used to draw like crazy, but mostly just doodle at work now.

Outside of golf, hunting and fishing is my life. There is nothing better than sitting in a treestand or boat all day. On top of that I also enjoy shooting, hoping to start shooting in the local idpa shoots this summer.

In My Bag: Nike SQ Dymo Str8 fit driver Nike SQ 13* 3 wood Nickent 3dx 20* hybrid Wilson Pi5 irons 3-PW Cleveland CG 12 52* Nike VR Pro Forged Wedge 56* & 60* Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II Putter

besides golf, my hobbies would be photography (which i just got into, prior to deployment), fishing, but nothing in life can fulfill my happiness then getting on a golf course on a nice day, and just doing what you love!!!

Other than chasing toddlers around all the time, right now my non-golf hobbies are limited to bowling.  I just took up the game 2-3 years ago, and I think if it weren't for other obligations, I'd be in a league every night.  I love it.

Before my body started telling me otherwise, I was playing hockey, basketball, and softball.  I also like tennis, just haven't played in some time.

I played baseball, but never any good.

I collect 1/18 scale diecast cars (100 models or so). And I like photography, too. And both can go hand in hand.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

Golf, baseball, some fishing, and video games. Don't have a ton of time for much of it while working 60hours a week though. In the evenings, I'm a regular at a bar.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Running, fishing, skiing, and trading stocks

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Okay interesting question and can be quite long, starting from the current and working back:

golf, league bowling, reading, light hiking, fishing bait casting and flyfishing, woodworking, gardening vegetable and flower, car repairs including engine building and car rebuilding, work - transportation on the maintenance side of management, union leadership, home repairs including interior and exterior painting, hiking/backpacking including hikes 10,000+ft elevation, competitive shooting including trap, international skeet, highpower service rifle, pistol bullseye  shooting and bowling pin shoots, smallbore 3 position in winter baseball, softball, football, kids and family. Okay now where did I find the time to relax cause I know I've done more than my fair share of it...........................................

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 3962 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!