IGNORED

What Are Your Thoughts on Tour Yellow Golf Balls?

Note: This thread is 3682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 members have voted

1. 1. Tour Yellow Golf Balls?

• Yes
    • No

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Condescending and patronizing as always - whoever you are. Happy whatever day it is wherever you are.

I would think you would be able to handle your own medicine a bit better.  90% of your posts include rude remarks or insults aimed at other posters.

Not sure that's true. I do recall quite a few where I tried to stick up for people being collectively called liars in one of several distance threads. I've been here for awhile though, so maybe you've picked up on something quite recently that just happens to coincide with your arrival. Anything's possible.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Not sure that's true. I do recall quite a few where I tried to stick up for people being collectively called liars in one of several distance threads. I've been here for awhile though, so maybe you've picked up on something quite recently that just happens to coincide with your arrival. Anything's possible.

Distance threads are always interesting reading.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Quote:

Distance threads are always interesting reading.

Yes they are - after my last two rounds I might have to go back and edit my numbers. Add 10 yards on the irons and knock a few off the driver. Was struggling to keep the driver and new (POS) Adams hybrid out of the left trees.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Yes they are - after my last two rounds I might have to go back and edit my numbers. Add 10 yards on the irons and knock a few off the driver. Was struggling to keep the driver and new (POS) Adams hybrid out of the left trees.

Ah, you gave a hybrid a chance.  I love mine.  Took me a bit of time to get used to it.  I tended to go left with it at first too.

Quote:

Ah, you gave a hybrid a chance.  I love mine.  Took me a bit of time to get used to it.  I tended to go left with it at first too.

Thread Detour:

I have 5 hybrids. A couple are money, a couple are "meh", and my new Adams is a POS. I'm debating reshafting it with a steel 2-iron shaft or giving it away. The stock grip is also really small so maybe the "S" on the shaft was for "Seniors" or "Sorority"?

Thread Detour:

I have 5 hybrids. A couple are money, a couple are "meh", and my new Adams is a POS. I'm debating reshafting it with a steel 2-iron shaft or giving it away. The stock grip is also really small so maybe the "S" on the shaft was for "Seniors" or "Sorority"?

I'm with you there.  I have Callaway hybrids and they put crap graphite shafts in them.  I could definitely see the merit in putting something heavier in them.

I play Srxion Q-Stars -  Tour Yellow. Great ball and easy to find. No compaints, yet.....

In the Puma Orange Formation Stand Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ (10.25)

Fairway Woods: Callaway Diablo Octane (3,5,7,9)

Irons: Mizuno JPX 800 Pro (6-PW) 

Wedges: Mizuno JPX (50, 55, & 60)

Putter: Odyssey Versa #1

Ball: Titleist DT Solo

Tour Yellow's have changed my life!! Its been my ball for the last year. And I always play the tour yellow's in tournaments now, especially since I lost a ball or two in plain sight during a tournament.

I love Srixon golf balls in general, and the Z-star XV is a fantastic ball, I love it!!

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

I was thinking of picking up a dozen of the Srixon balls to see if I liked them.  I would imagine they are easier to follow in the air and find in the rough.  I suppose they look a bit hackish, but who cares if you hit them well, right?

I really like the Srixon Z-star Tour Yellow.  Easier to see in the air and much easier to find in all of the weird places I tend to hit to.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like yellow balls, but If you really want a ball you can see on the ground, in the rough, and especially in the air ... here it is.   This ball is soooooo much brighter than any other orange ball on the market (the Nike & Bridgestone orange balls are muted & far less visible).    My eyes are lousey & even I can pick it up in flight.     Just sayin' - if you want really dayglo neon BRIGHT, look no further ...

BALL.jpg

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Played some Titleist dt solo‘s in yellow. On bright sunny days, they were no good. Hard to find if you are walking into the sun. I keep a sleeve in the bag for overcast or rainy days as they are so easy to find on days like that.

I can remember when all tennis balls were white--when the yellow ones appeared everyone one went in whole hog--don't expect

that to be the case with golf. They used to be called the old people balls.

Originally Posted by inthehole

I like yellow balls, but If you really want a ball you can see on the ground, in the rough, and especially in the air ... here it is.   This ball is soooooo much brighter than any other orange ball on the market (the Nike & Bridgestone orange balls are muted & far less visible).    My eyes are lousey & even I can pick it up in flight.     Just sayin' - if you want really dayglo neon BRIGHT, look no further ...

UNLESS you are a male, who happens to be partially red/green color blind, like I am.  That ball looks very bright orange to me if I am looking directly at it, but in the rough, out of the corner of my eye, it may as well be green like the grass.  The yellow ones, however, pop out very well for me. I've read scientific studies before that said yellow is the easiest color to see, so a yellow car would be safer, for example.

I love to hate this game!

Originally Posted by hesitantly

UNLESS you are a male, who happens to be partially red/green color blind, like I am.  That ball looks very bright orange to me if I am looking directly at it, but in the rough, out of the corner of my eye, it may as well be green like the grass.  The yellow ones, however, pop out very well for me. I've read scientific studies before that said yellow is the easiest color to see, so a yellow car would be safer, for example.

I'm with you brother. You know it is your mother's fault.

Played in an event where they gave us a bright red ball to rotate and try and have at the end of the round... Ball may as well have been invisible. No one else could understand that I couldn't see the darn thing in the rough.

Yellow rules!

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Agreed. I'm the same way. Red/green and blue/purple are my worst. I've tried certain orange golf balls, and the second they went into any kind of rough, they were completely gone. Even walked past them a few times on the fairway, just blended right in. Yellow however, like the Srixons, I have no problem spotting unless its late fall and there are a lot of leaves on the ground.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Interesting - the balls I referenced are the equivilent of "hunter orange" which all deer hunting clothing is made from for maximum visibiliy ... brightest color I've ever seen - at dusk, they actually appear to glow brightly.    I never knew color blindness would not allow a person to see something that bright...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I've stuck with white.  I like to stay with traditional things, but I'm sure one day I'll try some colored golf balls.

In my bag:
Driver - Diablo Octane 10.5*
Fairway Wood - Diablo Octane 15*
Hybrid -  Edge 21*
Irons - X20's 4I - 9I
Wedges - X20's PW/SW
Putter - White Ice 1
Ball - Warbird

Originally Posted by inthehole

Interesting - the balls I referenced are the equivilent of "hunter orange" which all deer hunting clothing is made from for maximum visibiliy ... brightest color I've ever seen - at dusk, they actually appear to glow brightly.    I never knew color blindness would not allow a person to see something that bright...

Probably varies a lot between individuals.  I'm "partially" red/green colorblind. In the army, I got 16 of 23 correct on the test.  That ball looks extremely bright orange to me in that picture, and would look the same if I were looking straight at it in the grass, but the relative size of a ball in a large area of rough, for example, is what causes me a problem.  So, those of us so afflicted, have trouble spotting it in our peripheral vision, due to the number of red receptors that don't work, or don't exist for us. So, we can see it - just not as easily and quickly as you would.

I love to hate this game!

Note: This thread is 3682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!