IGNORED

Ogio Grom XX vs. Sun Mountain Hybrid/Four 5

Note: This thread is 3854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So these bags seem to be pretty popular. Both with 14 full length dividers, and both work on carts and carrying, although I think the Grom is a little heavier, but it has some more pockets. (I included the hybrid and the four 5 because they are very similar and both popular sun mountain bags with a lot of the same features)

So can anyone provide a comparison and or some pictures? Thanks!

I wouldn't rule out the Ogio Recoil either.  I've got that on order & seems to be right up there with the grom xx & SM Four 5.

In my  :sunmountain: H2NO bag:

910 D3 (9.5° - A1 setting)

910 F-d (15° - A1 setting)

4DX (20°)

:mizuno: MP64 (4-6) MP69 (7-PW)

:mizuno: MP-T4 (50°), (54°), :callaway: Jaws (60°)

Select Newport 2 2012)

Originally Posted by adh241

I wouldn't rule out the Ogio Recoil either.  I've got that on order & seems to be right up there with the grom xx & SM Four 5.

Yeah I don't know why but that organization system I don' really like... I like the feeling of pulling a club out with no resistance, and those little tabs i bet can get annoying haha. And plus it's a little heavier. But if it works for you all the better.

Oh, I'd also like to get peoples opinions on the Taylormade Supreme Hybrid 2.0 stand bag. At this point I think Ogio is out, but I am still thinking of getting either the taylormade, or either of the sun mountains. So has anyone ever used Taylormade hybrid bag?

I have the SM Four 5.  Awesome bag.  Lightweight and very comfortable on the shoulders. Easily hold all of my stuff (dozen or so balls, tees, rain gear, gloves, ball markers, pencils etc..)  Pockets are big and can hold a lot.  Its the first bag I have had with a 14 way divider.  I will never use anything else again.

Yep, hear what you're saying but I'm willing to bet those annoying little tabs will be less annoying than my clubs getting all tangled up as they do now.  Driving me nuts!

In my  :sunmountain: H2NO bag:

910 D3 (9.5° - A1 setting)

910 F-d (15° - A1 setting)

4DX (20°)

:mizuno: MP64 (4-6) MP69 (7-PW)

:mizuno: MP-T4 (50°), (54°), :callaway: Jaws (60°)

Select Newport 2 2012)

• 1 year later...

I checked them out today and picked Ogio Grom XX over Sun Mountain four 5.   They will both do well and I could have bought either one.   At the end, it came down to style & price.   I just like the way Ogio looks and budget.com has it for $149 shipped.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hope it holds up for you, I looked pretty hard at both of those earlier in the spring and wound up with the Hybrid. I didn't care for the leg deployment on the Ogio and the zippers weren't as nice. After coming from an old Callaway with crap zippers and weak legs ,those were the first two things I looked for.

Superfast 12 LS Driver set at 10*w/ProLaunch red shaft

:callaway:RazrFitXtreme w/MatrixBlackTie 15*:adams:Idea ProBlack hybrid 16*:adams: Idea ProBlack Hybrid 20*  :callaway: RazrX Forged 4-PW  CG14  54* S Wedge

Idea A3 60*  L wedge

:rife: IBF Aussie Tour Blade putter

I hope it holds up for you, I looked pretty hard at both of those earlier in the spring and wound up with the Hybrid. I didn't care for the leg deployment on the Ogio and the zippers weren't as nice. After coming from an old Callaway with crap zippers and weak legs ,those were the first two things I looked for.

With me, my old bags tore apart at seams before anything else.   So, the first thing I've checked was how the seams were stitched together.   Seeing no obvious difference between the two, I went with Ogio.  The way I abuse my bag, it will only last a couple of years before I need to buy another.   So, if zippers and legs started to go after seams come apart, it will give me an excuse to get, perhaps, a Sun Mountain one.

WhyBeNormal.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Grom XX is a great bag, I use it as my range bag and after almost 2 years of hauling it in and out or my trunk it still looks almost new.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!