IGNORED

Just got my new i20s

Note: This thread is 4247 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got my i20's last Thursday.   To be candid, I've really struggled making consistent contact with them.   I seem to be hitting everything on the toe.    I was comparing them to my old clubs and realized that they were a full inch shorter than my old clubs.   My initial thought was that we either screwed up the fitting or someone messed up when they made them.   I took them down to my local Golf Galaxy so I could compare the lengths to the standard black dots on the wall.   Much to my astonishment, they were the exact same length.  So now I'm thinking, WTF???    I happened to still have my old 5i & 7i's banging around my trunk so I ran out to get them for comparison.   Turns out my old set was apparently +1" across the entire set.  Moral of the story, I've been playing irons that are one inch longer than they should be for almost 15 years.

After two more buckets of balls and a round of golf I'm hitting the ball much better.   I had to move what seemed uncomfortably close at first but now I'm getting used to feeling like I'm standing on top of the ball!  I played my first full round last night and hit the ball MUCH better.   The forgiveness of these irons is just stupid good.   Shots hit square on the toe lose about 1/2 to 1 club length but stay relatively online.   The CFS shafts are a fantastic improvement for me and any kind of a good swing is rewarded with a high but not ballooning ball flight.   Of note, they also feel very soft.  I've played essentially a forged blade for the last 15 years and I'm not disappointed with the PING feel.    They also feel great and perform great around the green.

I'd recommend these clubs for anyone at any handicap level.   I think these clubs are just all around solid.  I'd HIGHLY recommend these clubs to anyone.

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

Originally Posted by GolfBear

I got my i20's last Thursday.   To be candid, I've really struggled making consistent contact with them.   I seem to be hitting everything on the toe.    I was comparing them to my old clubs and realized that they were a full inch shorter than my old clubs.   My initial thought was that we either screwed up the fitting or someone messed up when they made them.   I took them down to my local Golf Galaxy so I could compare the lengths to the standard black dots on the wall.   Much to my astonishment, they were the exact same length.  So now I'm thinking, WTF???    I happened to still have my old 5i & 7i's banging around my trunk so I ran out to get them for comparison.   Turns out my old set was apparently +1" across the entire set.  Moral of the story, I've been playing irons that are one inch longer than they should be for almost 15 years.

After two more buckets of balls and a round of golf I'm hitting the ball much better.   I had to move what seemed uncomfortably close at first but now I'm getting used to feeling like I'm standing on top of the ball!  I played my first full round last night and hit the ball MUCH better.   The forgiveness of these irons is just stupid good.   Shots hit square on the toe lose about 1/2 to 1 club length but stay relatively online.   The CFS shafts are a fantastic improvement for me and any kind of a good swing is rewarded with a high but not ballooning ball flight.   Of note, they also feel very soft.  I've played essentially a forged blade for the last 15 years and I'm not disappointed with the PING feel.    They also feel great and perform great around the green.

I'd recommend these clubs for anyone at any handicap level.   I think these clubs are just all around solid.  I'd HIGHLY recommend these clubs to anyone.

Stop it!  You people are just reminding me that I don't have mine yet! (Ordered them last week, hopefully will get them next week)

I think I am going to have a similar problem to you because my old clubs are standard length but my i20's are going to be +1.25" and having been so used to ill fitting clubs, I imagine there is going to be an adjustment period.  (Except instead of toe hits, I'm probably going to be suffering through some shanks )

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Stop it!  You people are just reminding me that I don't have mine yet!   (Ordered them last week, hopefully will get them next week)

I think I am going to have a similar problem to you because my old clubs are standard length but my i20's are going to be +1.25" and having been so used to ill fitting clubs, I imagine there is going to be an adjustment period.  (Except instead of toe hits, I'm probably going to be suffering through some shanks )

I was lucky, I was fitted on Wednesday and my clubs arrived on the following Thursday.

You would think that something as simple as being an inch shorter wouldn't be much different than choking down on the grip for better control.   Heck, I do it all the time when I'm in between clubs.   Strangely, when the full set is an inch shorter it changes everything.

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

So I have had my G20's for almost 1 year now. My scores went from high 90's to high 80's. I have also shot rounds of 77 and 79 with the G20's and maybe only 92 best with my old set of clubs (X-22) the year before.

I am not sure the i20's would be of any benefit to me. I can shape my shots with the G20's easily enough. Most of the time I like to play straight shots anyway, which is easily done with the G20's. My wedges are S56 series and have no issue going from 50 degree S56 to 46 degree G20 pitching wedge. They play similarily to me.

So are the i20's just going to put me out of another $1500 and am I going to gain anything? My game would be better served by chipping and putting practice now.

kev

Note: This thread is 4247 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!