IGNORED

In need of New Golf Shoes!

Note: This thread is 4087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In dyer need of some new golf shoes! I'm probably going to need something that holds up well in rain, comfort would be nice as well.  Looking to spend a hundred dollars or less. My grandpa has been suggesting some dryjoys but I'm open to anything!

Thanks for all input!

-Caiden

Handicap: 5

Home Course: The Highlands (Grand Rapids, Michigan)

Nike Lunar Control.

Best shoe I've ever owned. Hard wearing, look good, waterproof, and VERY comfortable indeed.

I hear great things about Ecco Street and True shoes on here as well but personally I like my golf shoes to resemble golf shoes.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I just got a pair of Dryjoy's and they're freaking awesome!

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

True Linkswear Tours are super comfortable, waterproof, work very very well. The "barefoot" feel makes reading greens easier Really does. $140.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

True Linkswear or Ecco street style. The latter is more expensive, but also more comfortable (for me anyways).

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the replies! I'll check out all of em after practice later. Looking for something aesthetically pleasing as well but not top top priority. Leaning towards Nike or FJ. Haven't heard much about the true links wears yet..

Handicap: 5

Home Course: The Highlands (Grand Rapids, Michigan)

this is gonna sound strange, but skechers makes a pretty good golf shoe. $79. same quality as shoes over $100. I wear a size 10 1/2 in nike, but 11 in skechers.

Nike Lunar Control 2012

Unreal shoe!

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

True Tours... absolutely the BEST shoe (not just golf shoe) made... I love mine.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

Nike Lunar Control.

Best shoe I've ever owned. Hard wearing, look good, waterproof, and VERY comfortable indeed.

Agreed, I bought the 2011 model off ebay for 1/2 the price of the '12's, and have to say they are the best golf shoe i've ever worn... I want to get a similar pair of sneakers they are so comfortable... Friends swear by the adidas 360's/ATV's and i've tried them on and they seem comfy too, i'd go one of those two directions...

I just got a pair of FootJoy Tours, that were on sale at Golfsmith for $107 (reg $167). They are very comfortable, and love the spike design, very stable.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

If you're on a budget, I just got a pair of Adidas Powerband Grind on sale at golfetail.com for $55.  They're en route now, so I'll have to post more when they're actually in hand, but it's a pretty good deal (reg price $100)

Driver: Machspeed Black 9.5  

3 wood:  Insight  

Hybrid:   A4  19 degree

Irons:   CG red 4-PW  

Wedges:   CG12  56 degree and CG10 60 degree

Putter:  White Hot XG Sabertooth

Listen to Grandpa!

You'll get some great shoes and the added benefit of letting him know that you value his opinion!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

True Tours are great!

Driver: :tmade: R11 9.0 - Bassara Griffin UL - Tour Stiff 3-wood: :tmade: R11 Ti 15.0 - JAVLNFX M6 - Stiff Hybrid: :tmade: Rescue Hybrid - JAVLNFX Hybrid - Stiff 4-PW: :mizuno: JPX 800 PRO - Nippon 1150 GH Tour - Stiff Wedges: :edel: 50/56/60 - Nippon WV 125 Putter/Ball/RF: :edel: / :bridgestone: B330 / :leupold: GX-3i

Note: This thread is 4087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!