IGNORED

Cleveland Browns

Spyder
Note: This thread is 4118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am finally looking forward to a Cleveland Browns season. I don't think they're playoff caliber yet, obviously, but I do think they'll win at least 6 games for once. I'm excited to see what happens with Trent Richardson running the ball behind a much needed O-Line that we finally improved.

If Brandon Weeden is some miracle in disguise, we may pull off 8 or 9 wins. Unfortunately, he still does not have any targets to throw too though - but I do think he is miles ahead of Colt McCoy.

Are there any other Browns fans out there?

No doubt Browns fans are the most awesome and loyal fans in all of sports! You fill more stadiums than most teams, but your team never delivers!

This coming from a Rams fan. We suck. We get outcrowded by visiting teams sometimes - or so I'm told by fans that actually attend games LOL!

You guys are gonna love Trent.  He is a beast, and he's a complete back.  He can run, catch and pick up the blitz.  Enjoy!

Signed,

The Alabama Crimson Tide

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Browns should be better at least.  Im a Packer fan myself but a lot of my friends and coworkers here in Ohio are Browns fans and are cautiously optimistic about this season.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Brownie here... Hoping that they get back to .500+.  But I'm worried as we still don't have a proven QB.  You can't win in the NFL without a QB.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Brownie here... Hoping that they get back to .500+.  But I'm worried as we still don't have a proven QB.  You can't win in the NFL without a QB.

You still can, but it's very hard, and you pretty much have to have all other holes covered.

Originally Posted by Kapanda

You still can, but it's very hard, and you pretty much have to have all other holes covered.

The Bears have been doing it for years.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

The Bears have been doing it for years.

Cutler's capable. I just assumed Beachcomber was talking more about the Chad Henne's of the league.

• 2 weeks later...

Huge Browns fan here! (iacas can attest - I wore my Browns polo for my free lesson @ Reunion last month). Former president of the Palm Beach Backers chapter.

Team will definitely be improved in 2012 (shit they were 4-12 in 2011). TR will give us the identity. Weeden with his arm will stretch defenses.

Watch out for Greg Little this year. 61 catches in 2011. Big, speedy. Ignore the drops in 2011...he didn't play football in 2010.

And the defense is better than many think. Solid line (tho the Phil Taylor torn pec is obviously a concern) & solid secondary - Haden will be a shutdown corner & Ward will knock you into next week. A little thin at OLB which concerns me - they're susceptible to opposing TEs.

Bottom line, they're building the team for the division they play in - AFC North - they'll pass to set up the run & rely on TR to close out games. The defense will keep them in contests.

They're one more good draft away from taking the AFCN.

Originally Posted by bwdial

You guys are gonna love Trent.  He is a beast, and he's a complete back.  He can run, catch and pick up the blitz.  Enjoy!

Signed,

The Alabama Crimson Tide

Got that right! I watched TR tear up SEC defenses last year. And for those that say that ain't the NFL...uh yeah, it pretty much is. Toughest conference in college football without a doubt.

Life-long Bengals fan here!  I usually pull for you guys every year.  I'm a fan of the underdog and I despise the Steelers so you will always have my support against them.

I hope TR works out for you.  I was hoping that we would have traded up for him but knew it was a long shot.

Good luck this year!

Keep Calm and Chive On!

Originally Posted by bwdial

Signed,

The Alabama Crimson Tide

TR33.jpg

Gawd that's beautiful....

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Got that right! I watched TR tear up SEC defenses last year. And for those that say that ain't the NFL...uh yeah, it pretty much is. Toughest conference in college football without a doubt.

And, you have to consider that he was playing against the best defense every day in practice.

• Upvote 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Huge Browns fan here! (iacas can attest - I wore my Browns polo for my free lesson @ Reunion last month). Former president of the Palm Beach Backers chapter.

Team will definitely be improved in 2012 (shit they were 4-12 in 2011). TR will give us the identity. Weeden with his arm will stretch defenses.

Watch out for Greg Little this year. 61 catches in 2011. Big, speedy. Ignore the drops in 2011...he didn't play football in 2010.

And the defense is better than many think. Solid line (tho the Phil Taylor torn pec is obviously a concern) & solid secondary - Haden will be a shutdown corner & Ward will knock you into next week. A little thin at OLB which concerns me - they're susceptible to opposing TEs.

Bottom line, they're building the team for the division they play in - AFC North - they'll pass to set up the run & rely on TR to close out games. The defense will keep them in contests.

They're one more good draft away from taking the AFCN.

That is what is great about NFL football.  Every fan of every team can legitimately feel optimistic about their team's prospects.

• Upvote 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by turtleback

That is what is great about NFL football.  Every fan of every team can legitimately feel optimistic about their team's prospects.

The way I look at it, they're undefeated in 2012. And when I'm asked what their record will be, I say 16-0 until proven otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...

Haha. I just hate the "there's always next year" theme that we've had for the longest time. I grew up in the hard-nosed rivalry days where watching "The Drive" was a heart breaker - but at least when we played the Steelers, we saw some hard-knock football. Blood, bruises and respect. Now it's just a disaster...Browns' players being carted off the field, weak scoring, etc. I just want my son to grow up and not be ashamed of rooting for the Browns. Also, people that are 18 or younger have it the worst here... because they were born into a terrible team. I at least was able to see Byner burn the ball up field, Slaughter making diving 1 handed catches while getting smashed in mid-air, and Metcalf returning kicks and punts like every other player on the field was frozen in time.

I need a winning team out of Weeden and Richardson, and I need one yesterday!

Originally Posted by Spyder

Haha. I just hate the "there's always next year" theme that we've had for the longest time. I grew up in the hard-nosed rivalry days where watching "The Drive" was a heart breaker - but at least when we played the Steelers, we saw some hard-knock football. Blood, bruises and respect. Now it's just a disaster...Browns' players being carted off the field, weak scoring, etc. I just want my son to grow up and not be ashamed of rooting for the Browns. Also, people that are 18 or younger have it the worst here... because they were born into a terrible team. I at least was able to see Byner burn the ball up field, Slaughter making diving 1 handed catches while getting smashed in mid-air, and Metcalf returning kicks and punts like every other player on the field was frozen in time.

I need a winning team out of Weeden and Richardson, and I need one yesterday!

You're telling me there was a time when the Browns didn't absolutely suck?!

Note: This thread is 4118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!