IGNORED

Should chemicals be sprayed while golfers are on the course--- on the same hole

Note: This thread is 3817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have never seen a course getting sprayed during a round, but spraying is usually done very early in the morning around here.  Also, someone is confusing the term natural with organic.  There is a difference.

if its not watered in right away its a contact on the leaf blade that needs to be soaked in and even if you do "lick your balls" you wouldnt get enough chemicals to affect you. if its beening watered in you would be fine.  most sprayers usally let people try to get through but it can be hard for them if its a public course.

• 1 year later...

You all are all wrong in the most polite way possible.....  I am the first assistant golf course superintend at  Cayata Golf Club #37 Golf Digest Top100 this is the third top 100 golf course ive worked at and SPRAYED at hahaha..... I probably have more chemical in my blood stream than that spray has in its tank..... yes there is one chemical that will kill you, it is a nematacide (nematodes, microscope worms) .... plain as that!  would never be applied on a day that golf is going out! applicator would wear a full tyvec suit duck taped arms and leg cuffs and a full face respirator....   other than that insecticides are not really good to breath in....all you need is a tyvec suit to keep off your skin (recommended) and a respirator (which is recommended as well).  Fertilizers  ARE HARMLESS! especially when they are no longer in the powder form.... for mixing and weighing. but no.... its not going to hurt you those guys are working FOR YOU! be polite say thank you! stop being arrogant pricks   think about what you are complaining about! you are playing golf if you dont have time to stop for five minutes! you dont have time for golf!  i am a golf i know slow play sucks but this is absurd.... you are paying these guys to work for you then complaining! also grass can be killed with water 100x faster than with out water! firm and fast is healther that wet........... so next time you see a spot thats not BRIGHT green its not dead its drying down.....  you all should try to educate your selfs about the environment you all choose to inhabit it makes life much more enjoyable when you know why things happen. and dont get on forums trying to learn about turf grass management hahaha golfs havent any clue what we do at 430-7:00 am whilst you all snug as a bug in your beds

Note: This thread is 3817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!