IGNORED

Recommendations on golf bag. Reasonable price

Note: This thread is 6168 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Right now, I have a Ping (don't recall the model) bag that just doesn't seem to work for me. It has 8 large slots for your clubs. I only carry 12 clubs, so some of the slots only holds one club which makes that bag look funny. Another thing, it only has two pockets. One for your golf balls and another large pocket that can hold everything else. I dont' like this set up because it doesn't separate your tee's from your wallet, phone, etc. The only reason I have this bag is because my father had it laying around his house and the leg's to my old stand bag were broken. So I took it.

Does anyone recommend a good carry/stand bag?

Driver: r7 9.5*
3 Wood: xxI0
4 Wood: V steel
Irons: i-403
PW: : 56* chrome wedgeSW: 53* tour seriesPutter: scotty cameron Newport twoBalls: ProV-1Bag: Hoofer stand bag

Ogio makes a bunch of different bags at pretty reasonable prices. Both the golf warehouse (tgw.com) and golfsmith.com have closeouts going on for some 2006 models that might suit you.

thanks guys. i'm going to search for some ogio's now.

Driver: r7 9.5*
3 Wood: xxI0
4 Wood: V steel
Irons: i-403
PW: : 56* chrome wedgeSW: 53* tour seriesPutter: scotty cameron Newport twoBalls: ProV-1Bag: Hoofer stand bag

I don't know what you consider a "reasonable price", but Sun Mountain makes the MPB (Mulitpurpose Bag) which is a hybrid between a cart bag and a stand bag. It has a lot of good features including 14-way, full length club dividers. It retails for $169.99 at Golfsmith.com.

Driver: Launcher, 10.5°
Fairway: Big Bertha 2007, 15° & 18°
Hybrid: Rapture, 21° & 24°
Irons: Big Bertha 2006, 5 - PW
Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

thanks guys. i'm going to search for some ogio's now.

I'm not a big fan of the Ogio's carrying system. It is too cumbersome and rigid. Other than that, they make nice bags.

Driver: Launcher, 10.5°
Fairway: Big Bertha 2007, 15° & 18°
Hybrid: Rapture, 21° & 24°
Irons: Big Bertha 2006, 5 - PW
Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

Not sure what you mean by "reasonable". Here are some thoughts on carry/stand bags that I'd recommend:

Ogio bags are nice. The Woode club organization system is excellent and the bag has quite a number of well thought out features. I can see that the company has put some thought into what a golfer wants/needs when using a bag. My only criticisms of their carry bags is that they are a bit heavy (Ogio Edge). I wouldn't call the price expensive, but it's definitely not "cheap" either. Ogio seems to make good quality bags and seems to incorporate some new technologies (e.g., the Schwing carry system). I don't think you can go wrong with an Ogio bag.

The new Ping bags (Hoofer Vantage) are similarly priced with the top of the line Ogio bags. They don't have as many features, but are lighter and have more protection for the metal bars that push the stand legs out. I'm going to get a Ping bag next because of the lighter weight and balance of features. Doesn't seem to have as many features/pockets as a similarly priced Ogio, but I'm starting to carry less stuff and want something lighter so I can move around the course faster.

I haven't used a Sun Mountain bag, but they seem to be well made with a ton of features.

Most of my buddies seem to use Titleist bags and I can't see anything wrong with them.

Best bet is to go to a golf store and "try" a couple out. Ask some of the sales guys which they recommend (and why) and also ask what sells the best.

Sign the slow play promise and petition

I just got a demo ogio off a guy on ebay that seems to be his business. He is always selling an ogio demo. I have not yet recieved my ogio ozone from him but I got a heck of a deal on 06. Payed 72$ shipped but that was some last minute craftiness on my part.

Just recently picked up a AdamsGolf Stand/Carry Bag from GolfTown (in Canada). It's got some pretty cool features...for example a "DRY pocket" to protect all your belongings from the rain and also a "Ball Slid"...a pouch like compartment which holds your golf balls. The neat thing about it is that it uses magnets inside the outer edge of the flap which closes and seals the compartment....great for reaching for a ball and no need to mess with zippers.
You don't know what pressure is until you've played for five dollars a hole with only two in your pocket - Lee Trevino

MP-600 @ 10.5°
Insight BUL 3-wood @ 15°
Insight BUL 5-wood @ 18° IDEA a2 4i Hybrid @ 23° MX-25 5-PW MP-R Series 52° > 50°/05° MP-R Series 54°/10° MP-R...

Note: This thread is 6168 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!