IGNORED

New TaylorMade Driver for 2013? the R13?

Note: This thread is 4196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will TM bring out another iteration of its driver for 2013?

• Yes
    • No

Just a quick thread to see whether anyone knows about the next iteration of driver from TaylorMade and whether it will be the R13?
Any inside scoop?
Thinking about changing from my R9 which is a bit dated but given there will be a whole new raft of driver models released early in 2013 thinking about hanging on...Love my TM...

• 2 months later...

It has got to be called the R13 right! Even though 13 is an unlucky number and golfers - well we all know hus superstitious they can be :)

I am guessing they will change the name somehow...even though it should be the name if they were to be consistent!

• 1 month later...

Any update on this?  Wonder now that we are getting so much closer to announcements being made for the 2013 models...

kind of an unlucky number though....

Originally Posted by JamesTucker

Just a quick thread to see whether anyone knows about the next iteration of driver from TaylorMade and whether it will be the R13?

Any inside scoop?

Thinking about changing from my R9 which is a bit dated but given there will be a whole new raft of driver models released early in 2013 thinking about hanging on...Love my TM...

I read that TaylorMade put in a trademark application for the name "RocketFuel" but that name would seem to be more applicable for their next line of golf balls.  Speculation is it will be R13, but they could go with another iteration of R11, such as R11x or R11z so they can avoid using the number 13.

I could see them going with an entire ad campaign touting how 13 just became your lucky number.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I read that TaylorMade put in a trademark application for the name "RocketFuel" but that name would seem to be more applicable for their next line of golf balls.

They should use that name for an energy drink. [quote name="jaybo" url="/t/58113/new-taylormade-driver-for-2013-the-r13/0_30#post_775127"]It is going to be called the R1.  My club pro is a Taylormade rep, he said it is basically the RBZ with the R11s weights. [/quote] They could be making both. TM will have at least 2 lines.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I was thinking they could use R13 and have a slogan like, "13, a lucky number no more!", well thats what I would do if I owned TM

Burner Superfast driver 10.5*

Burner Superfast 3 wood 15*

Burner 1.0 irons

spin milled 54*

CG10 60*

White Steel 2 ball putter

NXT Tour s/ Penta TP

• 3 weeks later...

Presume we are going to find out tomorrow.  TaylorMade have been pushing an announcement for the 23rd of October...Similar to an Apple release with plenty of innuendo...Guess we will know more tomorrow.  What do you guys think - anyone have any insider knowledge??

From TM's Facebook page:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

A TM price drop on the R11S and RBZ Line is just coming in the email from online stores - TM is announcing a new product line .... tomorrow.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by jamo

From TM's Facebook page:

Oh yea! When Ernie Else played TM he was on TV every year telling us how he was hitting this years driver 30 yards further than last years model.

Had he stuck with TM he would now be airmailing all the par 5s he comes across!

Upshot is that whatever TM bring out this year will not be anything but a lick of paint improvement on last years model.And that applies to all OEMs.

Hey, well, freakishly longer. I wish someone would say that about me... but alas...

Leave it to TM to peddle the freaks to long drive freaks.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 4196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!