IGNORED

Ever hit anyone (or anything living) with a golf ball?

Mobey
Note: This thread is 3717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My wife plugged a canadian goose with a thinned low liner last year ... he staggered around for a minute, but walked it off & was fine.     Would be the equivilent of a human being hit by a bowling ball at 80 mph ... he did better than I would have everything being equal  !!

Other time, my wife wasn't playing well & she was walking up to the tee box & forgot her ball.   I was standing about 20 ft away & lobbed a ball at her, intentionally way up in the air so she could see it.   She must have momentarily looked away & never saw it.    Came down right on her bean - she saw stars & came away with a lump, but it cleared her head & she played much better the rest of the round ... we still laugh about it.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

Grass, almost every time I play.

Almost? I'd love to hear about the times you never touch it...

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Hit a mud hen at the Temecula Creek Inn in Temecula CA. with a low worm burner. They were about 30 yds from the tee box. Fwah-Thump. It staggered off into the bushes. When I made the turn from hole 9, there it was...dead. I felt kinda bad, and the birdie jokes seemed endless..

After posting this the other day...last night I hit someone hard right in the gut....ME!   My drive strayed right behind some trees so I tried to punch it out to the fairway...off the toe, off a tree...right back and smack into my stomach...I let out such a loud "oooff" my partner thought  I killed myself....hurt but I was laughing so hard it helped....

On sunday I came up to the 8th tee box, a par 3 with a 140 yd carry over a lake, I popped my first shot into the water, then I took a drop, and put that one in the water, and then I did it again.  And then, on my 4th swing, I hit it low right.  The poor cart girl who was just sitting there patiently, probably got a good scare when I broke the glass on her cart.  But she wasn't quite dead at least.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

Almost? I'd love to hear about the times you never touch it...

Wondered if someone was gonna get that. And comment on it, because honestly, it's not like it was funny or anything. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have hit a car before...haha. I was playing with my friend last year at Berkshire Hills Country Club in Pittsfield, Ma and there was a thick long line of tall pines separating the fairway from the road and I just so happened to top the ball and the wind ended up carrying it onto the road and we both heard a smash. I am pretty sure I ended up hitting a car or something, though nothing ever happened from it. I was almost hit during the opening of TPC Treviso Bay (Naples, FL) by someone who wizzed an iron shot about 6 inches from me and my uncle's face.

On a par 3 playing over a lake, I bladed a 5 iron and hit a bird swimming on the lake.  It was really sad because the bird flopped around on the lake for a while before expiring.

Originally Posted by Yukari

I am not saying you were causing slow play.  I am just saying, but for having to wait for the green to clear, you guys nearly got hit.  So the slow play in front caused a dangerous situation to occur behind.

I'd rather say that it was the people hitting into the waiting players that caused the dangerous situation, not the players ahead.  We don't know who was ahead of those on the green.  Regardless, you should not hit into anyone.  After the second time I'd be having a talk with the players hitting into me.

2 years ago on my honeymoon in Hawaii, I convinced my wife to ride in the cart with me while I play a round.  2nd hole and I am too busy laughing at 2 squirrels humping and I shank my 6 iron into the tree resulting in my wife getting hit while in the cart that was behind me.

......that didn't go over so well with the mrs.

Keep Calm and Chive On!

Originally Posted by John190190

Saw a guy hit a goose square in the neck....goose died instantly.

Craziest thing i ever saw

I feel horrible about admitting this.....but I lol'd at the image of that.

Keep Calm and Chive On!

One time, I was playing a dogleg right hoping to fade it. However, right at the turn area on this hole, just past is the green for the next hole (a par 3). I hit my drive right at the green for it to fade back towards the hole, except the fade never happened. It kept going, ricocheted off the pin and into someone's leg as they were chipping. I felt terrible, and had said fore, but he must've never guessed it would bounce that way off the pin. Funniest part was, the guy couldn't keep a straight face long enough to really get mad at me, because we were both surprised that it had not only hit the pin, but hit it just right. He was nice, "congratulated" me for my "pin-seeking talents" and we went our separate ways.

I skyed a ball at the range it flew absolutely  directly up in the air hit the roof and bounced back down to land on my head , didnt hurt apart from severely dented pride , and the guy in the next bay moved away a few bays to compound my embarrassement .

• Upvote 1

Cart Bag

Hi Bore  xls Driver

Big Bertha steelhead plus  3 and 5 Woods

Pro Gold 20 and 24 degree Hybrids

MD Superstrong Irons

MD Norman Drew Low Bounce wedges

Putter 

Originally Posted by KCCO

2 years ago on my honeymoon in Hawaii, I convinced my wife to ride in the cart with me while I play a round.  2nd hole and I am too busy laughing at 2 squirrels humping and I shank my 6 iron into the tree resulting in my wife getting hit while in the cart that was behind me.

......that didn't go over so well with the mrs.

ya but I bet you'll never have to take her golfing again.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

ya but I bet you'll never have to take her golfing again.

It wasn't a bad experience.  She took a book along and enjoyed the Maui scenery.  If someone didn't have to be home watching our son, I'd ask her to come with me more often.

Keep Calm and Chive On!

I was playing on the weekend with two buddies and one of them is in the middle of the fairway on 16 the other on the right rough behind some trees. My buddy in the rough tries to cut the ball around the trees (he's a righty) to the green and the ball doesn't cut. It ends up screaming towards my friend in the fairway and he puts his hand up it hits him in the palm and drops to floor. Left a pretty nice size mark.

• 2 weeks later...

Not hit anyone else but I've hit myself with my own golf ball before.

Smashed a fade into a group of trees and convinced myself I could find a way out if I kept the ball low. Grabbed my 7 Wood from my bag and set up to play off my back foot. Struck the shot beautifully however the ball found the trunk of the tree directly in front of me. The ball could have rebounded anywhere, shot off in any direction but snaps straight back at me, hitting me just above the right knee. It was fairly painful to say the least but I count myself lucky; it wasn't far South enough to crack my kneecap or North enough to ensure I never have children!

When I was 15, just starting to play golf, my friend and I were in my front yard hitting chip shots.  We were talking and I was blindly taking practice swings.  He was standing a little ahead and in front of me as I was addressing the ball.  As I was saying something I hit the ball and it went dead right into his temple.  It knocked him out cold for a good minute but it felt like eternity.  I was scared out of my mind.  He came to and asked what happened.  Luckily he was ok.

Note: This thread is 3717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!