IGNORED

Ever hit anyone (or anything living) with a golf ball?

Mobey
Note: This thread is 3716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The golf pro at our course and I are very good friends. We go out all the time in the evening and just play a few holes. He is an older gentlemen and with a lot of his physical issues it is amazing he can walk let alone hit a golf ball well, lots of knee issues in both knees. Anyway, I have been playing for just about 25 years and have never hit anyone, till last week. We were out just playing a couple of holes like usual, we were both a little tired so it was nothing serious, lots of second and third practice shots. He was sitting in the cart about 5 feet behind and off to the side of me. I was getting ready to hit a wedge into the green and took a few quick practice strokes and on my last one I just nicked the ball and drove it straight into his calve. I couldn't believe it, he was laughing pretty hard but out of all times, who do I hit, the golf pro.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

NUMEROUS TIMES!!!!

First, the geese are not my friends.  I've gotten more "birdies" by hitting those darn poop-machines than anything else (mind you there is a hilarious sign at my regular 9-hole course that reads "As long as there are geese, there will be goose poop).

Second, I almost hit a few people on the course over the years, always when they were in the rough, and almost always when I misplayed a dogleg and the ball decided to actually go straight for a change instead of my usual fade (which reminds me of my favorite Ben Hogan quote "You only hit a ball straight by accident.")

Last, I almost hit someone on the fairway yesterday.  Long, straight fairway on a 310 yd par 4.  Hit it great with the driver (which I average about 275) and instead it made it all the way to the front of the green and almost hit the guys in front of me.  I only hit 300+ on a rare occasion and only when I'm trying to kill the ball, which I wasn't.  But hey, miracles happen.

Dirver:  Burner Superfast (Stiff Shaft) 9.5*----3 wood: Daiwa 3 Metal G-4 Brougham

2 Hybrid: T7 Attack 16*----3 Hybrid: Golden Bear GB Tech 460----4-AW  Burner 2.0 (R Flex)

SW:  56* LW: Mitsubisha 60*  Ball: Nike PD Soft -- Glove:  Weathersof

I never hit anyone, but I bet the group behind us this weekend has.  The course was crowded and we were waiting on the group in front of us to clear the green so one of the guys in our foursome could go for it in two.  They started hitting their drives into us and we had to duck for cover.  One guy got so enraged he drove his cart back and asked why the hell they would do something like that.  One guy said, "You should be laying up to clear the fairway."  I've never seen anything like that.  I expected a knife fight to ensue, but thankfully everyone just cooled off.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Trees, I've hit a TON of trees. Does that count?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I just find it wierd to hear about Canadian geese being killed with a golf ball. Those suckers are tough as nails. Hard to kill with a shotgun, let alone a golf ball.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by ApocG10

I just find it wierd to hear about Canadian geese being killed with a golf ball. Those suckers are tough as nails. Hard to kill with a shotgun, let alone a golf ball.

I don't think I ever KILLED one, but I hit them all the time.  Although they golf course got a dog and trainer to chase them away and the dog got a little "over excited" and killed one.  Brought it back to the trainer too!!!

Dirver:  Burner Superfast (Stiff Shaft) 9.5*----3 wood: Daiwa 3 Metal G-4 Brougham

2 Hybrid: T7 Attack 16*----3 Hybrid: Golden Bear GB Tech 460----4-AW  Burner 2.0 (R Flex)

Let me set the scene.  It was just after finishing High School in Yuma, AZ and a group of us were playing at the local course during summer.  Since it was about 105 degrees when we teed off, there weren't many people out there, so we were all going to tee off #1 and then split up as we played.  The tee markers were the old square wooden blocks, and the white tees were slightly offset about 20 yards ahead of the blues.

Last guy up (known as a somewhat inconsistent but very long driver) turns to the group and says "Ok guys, watch this!".  He then crushes his drive but caught it REALLY thin, ball goes screaming into the tee marker and rebounds directly into the middle of his forehead!  Thud - over he goes, out like a light.  There'a about 3 seconds of stunned silence, then everyone else explodes in laughter, literally falling to the ground we laughed so hard.  About 45 seconds later he starts to come around, at which point we told him "Dude, it's a good thing you were breathing 'cause none of us could've stopped laughing long enough to perform CPR"!

Best part was the perfect circle bump sticking out on his forehead - you could practically read "Titleist" on it!

Originally Posted by HmtGolfGuy

Let me set the scene.  It was just after finishing High School in Yuma, AZ and a group of us were playing at the local course during summer.  Since it was about 105 degrees when we teed off, there weren't many people out there, so we were all going to tee off #1 and then split up as we played.  The tee markers were the old square wooden blocks, and the white tees were slightly offset about 20 yards ahead of the blues.

Last guy up (known as a somewhat inconsistent but very long driver) turns to the group and says "Ok guys, watch this!".  He then crushes his drive but caught it REALLY thin, ball goes screaming into the tee marker and rebounds directly into the middle of his forehead!  Thud - over he goes, out like a light.  There'a about 3 seconds of stunned silence, then everyone else explodes in laughter, literally falling to the ground we laughed so hard.  About 45 seconds later he starts to come around, at which point we told him "Dude, it's a good thing you were breathing 'cause none of us could've stopped laughing long enough to perform CPR"!

Best part was the perfect circle bump sticking out on his forehead - you could practically read "Titleist" on it!

I just fell to the ground laughing just READING the story.  Wish I could have been there!

I ALMOST hit myself with the ball.  There is a massive electrical tower between two holes at the local executive 9 I play on.  I wind up behind it (as a result of a massive slice), and decide that I can hit through it (youthful stupidity).  I nail the ball, it nails the tower (which is all of 4 feet in front of me) and misses my ear by an inch.  I guess the only upside was that I was back in the fairway..............15 yards back.

Playing a local public course, I absolutely smashed my drive on a 500+ par 5. Feeling like I was hitting the ball like a boss I thought I'd play a slight cut into the green with my 5 wood. It never cut. Straight through the windscreen of a very late model ford XR6 heading down the onramp to the motorway. I saw a finger as he drove past... Il assume it was a thumbs up for being so accurate with my shot and my timing... About8 weeks ago, I teed up on a 270m par 4, the group in front were well out of sight, so I assumed they had finished the hole and were hitting of the next, I absolutely crunched this sexy as hell draw in the space of me taking my last look at the green and my ball getting to the target. The group in font wandered out from being the trees separating the green and the next tee box... On bounce lady in the side of her head.... The two retired guys in the group in front gave me high fives for hitting the green, the husband of the lady I hit tried to give me high 5s in my face.... I made birdie so I was happy, although very shaken. Needless to say I hit 3 wood on the next hole.

I was golfing with my brother and he hit a low screamer that travelled about 150 yards, then it just dropped. When we got out to where his ball was there was a gopher stretched out and flat on its back, dead. My brother was most upset because it was looking like his best drive of the day until it ran into that stupid gopher!

Almost killed myself last summer at Arcadia Bluffs in Northern Michigan. Hole #12 is a beautiful Par 4 with Lake Michigan running all along the left side of the hole, about 200 feet straight down to the beach / lake. It's customary on the tee to turn at a 90 degree angle to the hole and launch crappy balls out into the lake. There's a small wooden fence that borders the tee box (not seen in the pic below, this was from another trip up there) that is about 8 inches off the ground. Anyway, I turn sideways to launch an offering to Poseidon and catch it thin....the ball ricochets off the fence and comes screaming back at my face....I never saw it, only heard it. My buddy claims it missed me by mere inches.....

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

Originally Posted by Josh531

I just fell to the ground laughing just READING the story.  Wish I could have been there!

I ALMOST hit myself with the ball.  There is a massive electrical tower between two holes at the local executive 9 I play on.  I wind up behind it (as a result of a massive slice), and decide that I can hit through it (youthful stupidity).  I nail the ball, it nails the tower (which is all of 4 feet in front of me) and misses my ear by an inch.  I guess the only upside was that I was back in the fairway..............15 yards back.

It was even better in person!  Don't see those type of tee markers much anymore, guess I know why!

i was at the range and there was a gaggle of geese about 100 yards out so i practiced some wedge shots to see if i could drop it in the middle. it was a fun little game and i didn't hit any, but when i moved on to my other clubs this low stinger left that blew right into the side of one. i can't imagine it felt very good.

a few weeks ago i topped my tee shot on a par 3 and rolled it down by the water. when i was walking towards it i saw this huge snapping turtle about 2 feet in front of it. i jokingly asked my group if i got relief, but like happy gilmore i had to play it where it lied. i absolutely cranked the shot 10 yards over the green and scampered away, because this turtle didn't even flinch when i was taking practice swings. on the next hole a different snapping turtle came waddling down the fairway towards my first shot.

i was standing on the green with 3 friends while the 4th was pitching from about 10' off, but he cranked a hard liner straight at us. the friend tending the stick moved the flag between himself and the ball and it bounced off. the hands are definitely quicker than the eye, because there's no way that would be repeatable. he was extremely lucky because it would have hit him in the face if he didn't knock it down with the flag.

and for my last story, i was playing with a friend finishing up on 18 at dusk/dark. you had to carry water on your second shot (par 4) and he ended up left over the water short of the green. they had one of those fake coyote/fox decoy there to keep geese away, but i noticed my friend didn't see it when he was walking towards it. i waited until he got in his stance and then yelled that there was a coyote behind him. he turned around and almost jumped out of his shoes and started running.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Originally Posted by Brian Fergusson

I was golfing with my brother and he hit a low screamer that travelled about 150 yards, then it just dropped. When we got out to where his ball was there was a gopher stretched out and flat on its back, dead. My brother was most upset because it was looking like his best drive of the day until it ran into that stupid gopher!

At first glance I misread gopher as golfer. LOL.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I was 21 years old and on a golf course for the first time. Not having spent time on a driving range and being utterly clueless about golf in general, I remember I was throroughly enjoying myself. When we came to the 9th hole, I was in the fairway and had a decent shot to the green. What club to use?  Opted for one club too much. The ball went straight at the pin, cleared the green and landed behind a hedge. Turns out there was a parking lot behind the hedge.

Just as I was approaching the hedge to look for the ball, a guy comes around the side and asks, "Who hit the golf ball?"  I'm thinking, "Great! He knows where my ball is." He points to the windshield of his brand new car - there it was - dead center - just below the rear-view mirror.

Then he complained about not even getting it home to show his wife.  But that was nothing compared to his reaction when I stood on the hood and used a pitching iron to knock it on the green...

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

First and only time I've hit someone (that I know about) during a round of golf, it was on a field trip in High School. I hit an iron off the tee on a par 3. Had pulled it left a little, and probably took a club too much. The ball missed the green and caught the cart path, took one bounce and hit a guy in the stomach waiting to tee off on the next hole. I've come very close to hitting several people over the years. From a drive carrying farther than expected and hitting the cart parked in the fairway with both players sitting in it. To a friend walking about 10feet in front of me while I'm hitting my drive, missed hitting him in the head by about a foot.

On the flip side, I've been hit several times.Usually in the legs or stomach.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Playing at "Goose Pond" one day, I hit driver off tee box and the ball hit a goose dead in the chest.....and it didn't even not it over. I assumed all the feathers padded the hit.

Playing in work league and pulled a worn burner drive into the other fairway and over the little rise in the landscape. Well when we cleared the rise I saw my boss( who was playing in front of me) sittin on the ground holding his shin bone.  Had the prettiest golf ball bruise as I've ever seen. I didn't get fired either !

Keep it in the mowed

Originally Posted by Old1964

I was 21 years old and on a golf course for the first time. Not having spent time on a driving range and being utterly clueless about golf in general, I remember I was throroughly enjoying myself. When we came to the 9th hole, I was in the fairway and had a decent shot to the green. What club to use?  Opted for one club too much. The ball went straight at the pin, cleared the green and landed behind a hedge. Turns out there was a parking lot behind the hedge.

Just as I was approaching the hedge to look for the ball, a guy comes around the side and asks, "Who hit the golf ball?"  I'm thinking, "Great! He knows where my ball is." He points to the windshield of his brand new car - there it was - dead center - just below the rear-view mirror.

Then he complained about not even getting it home to show his wife.  But that was nothing compared to his reaction when I stood on the hood and used a pitching iron to knock it on the green...

does the genius also park his new car just over the fence of an outfield during a baseball game? If you have ever been to a certain golf course you usually know. One good blade shot and the balls in the parking lot. When you drive up to some courses you notice one side of the parking lot is empty.

Yes it is your fault you hit it over there but if my car is brand new and Im going to a golf course Im parking between two big trucks. Unless he was in the middle of the parking lot and you just found his car. haha.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Note: This thread is 3716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!