IGNORED

how important are 14 way dividers?

Note: This thread is 4315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I went with the 14-way divider last time thinking it was important - it is great to scan your bag fast and make sure you didnt leave a club somewhere.

That being said, next time I will probably go with a 6 way divider with maybe a separate putter holder.

The 14 way is a bit of a pain putting clubs in and taking them out (not horrible, but they dont always easily go in or come out)

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

im with the above the 14 way is great for club selection but can sometimes by a pain going in/out unless you get a full length divided one,.....mine only has 3 full length dividers so constantly catchins grips and stuff

next time ill either go with 14 way full length, or 6 way external putter

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

I used to have a 6 way divider but recently got a Four5 with 14 full length dividers.  I doubt I'll every buy anything else.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I love my Four5. The only downside to it for me is that there's more club chatter because the clubs are separated. I've heard that people who use midsize or oversize grips have more problems getting their clubs in and out of the bag; but I have small hands with standard size grips so that's not an issue for me.

:tmade: SLDR 12* :ping: G20 4W :adams: Speedline Super S 4H :mizuno: JPX-825 Pro 4-G :tmade: ATV 56* & 60* :cameron: 2014 Select Newport or 1997 Teryllium 3 Newport

I have full liner bag and mid-size grips.  They are a little trouble  to get in and out now and then but I have found that there is a sweet spot when strapping them on the cart that helps the flow.  Some of the  bag guys will tighten the  strap down to the point that U can't hardly get a club out....back it off some until everything slides well.

I don't think you need 14 way. Mine right now is a 6 way divider and it works fine. As long as the dividers go all the way to the bottom (so the clubs aren't all crammed in at the bottom), you should be fine. If you really want a 14 way, then go for it but I think you would be fine with a 6 way. What bags are you looking at?

If you go for a 14 way divider make sure you get a bag that has full length dividers, otherwise save your money and get a good 6 way bag.  I have had 14 way bags with and without the full length dividers and as others here have stated, the clubs get stuck on the bags without full length dividers.  I like the BagBoy Revolver bags and SM Four 5.

Joe Paradiso

I have a Sun Mountain 3.5 which has 4 dividers. It works just fine for me, no need for more.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

I ride and have a Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag made by Sun Mountain. It has 14 dividers plus a putter well. Great riding cart bag. Same club layout as Sun Mountain C-130. If you ride, the clubs are presented in a raked way (Back is higher than front) making it very easy to see and pull clubs. I've had other cart bags and I am sold on this one with the 15 dividers.

For walking bags, I go for lighter Ogio bags with "Woodie" top. They have dividers for several woods, three areas for irons, and a putter well.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

I find the 14 way easier to put clubs in and out and there is less chatter.  I have a Sun Mountain and I just bought a Mizuno Aerolite cart bag for my wife.  It is only 4 lbs.  She loves it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Not as important as I once thought it was when I bought my Ogio Syncro.  I constantly snag my clubs as I pull them from the bag.  This is made even worse since I use jumbo grips.  For my next bag, I'd seriously consider a cart bag with a Woode type divider system.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Had a 13 way and hated it. Replaced it today with an Ogio Kingpin with the Woode divider system, and after just one round, I could not be happier. Great bag all around. Easy to get clubs in, easy to organize, lots of room (and 2 'Hydration Pack' coolers, one each side).

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I find the 14 way easier to put clubs in and out and there is less chatter.  I have a Sun Mountain and I just bought a Mizuno Aerolite cart bag for my wife.  It is only 4 lbs.  She loves it.

Boog,  is either the 14-way Kabuki™ Top Cuff in the Mizuno Aerolite full length, or does your wife's sticks get hung up in the bag?  I have been eyeing this bag for a while on the "auction" site as a cost effective lightweight cart bag.  Thanks for the feedback.

I tried a couple of 14-slot carry bags, but it felt like I was carrying a suitcase on my back. Couldn't seem to get a good balance.

I use the Sun Mountain 3.5 SL (2011 version), and it has four decent-sized lined sections which handle club drop-in well.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I love 14 ways and would not be without one.  Its personal preference.  My own advice thou would be to go either 6 or 14.  I have an 11 way bag once and what a faff that was.

H/Cap- 25
West End Golf Club Halifax

Originally Posted by Moonnerd

My old bag has a 3 way divider, and I'm looking at new ones.  Do you find that 6 way dividers are adequate, or should I focus on bags with 14?

IMHO, 14 is a PITA - carrying extra clubs is a fight and they weight the bag.

I have 4 dividers in a SM 3.5 DLX - plenty of room

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator

I like 14-way dividers. I have a Sun Mountain that has 15 slots.

Not for a carry bag, though. Ugh.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!