IGNORED

New Product to Hit the Golf World in July

ProtoSports
Note: This thread is 4207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How often do you use video to breakdown your swing on the range?

• Every time I go to the range
    • Every once in a while
    • After I have a lesson with my teacher
    • Never
    • Only if I have a friend there to video my swing for me

• Administrator

I gave a couple away to some friends. One had been using an Otter Box iPhone case and clipping the phone to an alignment rod. I think he'll like his ProtoSports Holster a lot more. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just curious ... when I went to order mine the choices were black and white, however, on the picture attached to the reviews, it looks like its lime green.  Are there more colors available now?

The only colors available are black and white. We were doing a green clip for a promotional before the clip was released on a campaign site called kickstarter. The campaign wasn't funded so there were no green holsters produced.

Used the iPhone holder on the range while on vacation last week.  It was very easy to use.  (I had to buy alignment sticks that had points on one end so I could stick it in the ground.)  I set up the phone and turned on started shooting video.  I played the video back just before falling asleep and thought the feedback I got from watching my swing was really useful.  I instantly saw a couple of things to work on.  The simplicity and convenience is really nice.

~ Slim

• Administrator
Originally Posted by KingG

I'm surprised you think more people have them than don't.

You shouldn't be. Sales figures are pretty much a matter of public record, as are market share #s.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Why don't you tout a success story or tell us something more about the product instead of just bumping your thread with the website?

Originally Posted by ProtoSports

www.protosports.com

• Upvote 2

Joe Paradiso

You shouldn't be. Sales figures are pretty much a matter of public record, as are market share #s.

. iOS market share is around 20%, most people don't have an iPhone. 20%<50%. Like I said.

I'm surprised you think more people have them than don't.

I don't.... I have a prepaid Nokia that barely takes photos.  If I wanted to video a golf swing, mine or a friend's, I'd use my Canon 60D mounted on my Vanguard tripod - it does full HD video.  Something I never want to see is my swing on video - it would probably screw up my game for life.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I don't.... I have a prepaid Nokia that barely takes photos.  If I wanted to video a golf swing, mine or a friend's, I'd use my Canon 60D mounted on my Vanguard tripod - it does full HD video.  Something I never want to see is my swing on video - it would probably screw up my game for life. :roll:

Samsung sells more phones than apple and there are more android os phones sold then ios phones. That alone tells me most people don't have iPhones. Some people still have basic phones and a few have no phone at all. So this is not a product for the "golf world". It's a product most golfers can't use.

• Administrator

iOS market share is around 20%, most people don't have an iPhone. 20%<50%.

And that's a lot of people.

Like I said.

(I never said "most" - you did, and obviously we don't only post threads here that appeal to people with 51% market share or more).

P.S. Apple is 34% of smartphones in Q2 2012.

Anyway, this stuff is OT.

Enter the PGA Prediction for a chance to win a ProtoSports Holster of your choice!! Just pick the winner of this years PGA Championship and his final score to par!

For all rules check out our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/ProtoSports?ref=hl

Good Luck! www.protosports.com

There are a lot of great apps out there for all of the phones that help golfers video their swings! Using these apps, you can slow your swing down frame by frame and draw lines.

This is using one called Insta- Pro and it is being used by a bunch of the guys on tour. Obviously you can break it down further frame by frame but these are a couple screen shots I took.

If you are trying to decide if the iPhone is capable of taking great video here are some good examples. I think it is awesome. All of these were taken using the Holster.

www.protosports.com

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to announce that we have several players using the ProtoSports Holster on the PGA Tour as of the PGA Championship. It has been a big hit with the guys, not only from the golf swing aspect but also there are a some guys using it to monitor putting paths and skid rate of the ball on the putting green. Since you can attach the phone all the way to the bottom of the stick in the portrait setting you can video as close to the green as possible. Pretty cool stuff. Thanks for all the supporters here on The Sand Trap and all of the good reviews so far!

www.protosports.com

• 1 month later...
Note: This thread is 4207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!