IGNORED

Ever get "lucky" and play much better than usual?

mpeck24
Note: This thread is 4327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I'm just consistent as hell. 90% of my scores are 78-82. And the ones outside that are 83s & 77s. Never shoot lights out but never blow up either.

Can't tell if you complaining or bragging. I'd be bragging.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

I never get lucky when I play great.

I figure every time I play poorly.....I am unlucky.... bad or average rounds are never my fault!!  LOL

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Just happened for me today. I was out in the rain and wind (which normally tacks on 3-5 strokes for me) and ended up shooting about 3 strokes better for my best personal score of only 5 over for 18, a 75.

Had a lucky hole the other day.... the day wasn't going well.  16th tee, dogleg right, water on the right. aim down the fairway, accidentally push it completely, right over the water leaving me 130. Pitching wedge to 1.5 feet for my 2nd birdie of all time :) Super lucky to have cleared that water accidentally!

I haven't, but I sure would like to!

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Some days I just "feel it".

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

A few years ago my first round out for the summer after a solid 5 months off I shot an even par 36 which was 4 shots lower than my lowest 9 hole round.. And I double bogeyed the 9th! At the time I was around a 14 hndcap.

:whistle:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In 2005 my family and I evacuated from New Orleans as Katrina was making a nuisance of herself.  We escaped to some family near St Louis.  At the time I was an 18 handicap, but had been as low as a 9 at one point.  Just didn't have the time to play or practice to keep the handicap low.  I needed some stress release so I headed to a local resort style course to play 18.  That day was magic for me.  I only missed 3 fairways and that was in the light rough and got up and down from any missed green.  I spent a couple of shots from greenside bunkers and ended up shooting my best round ever of 76.  Life was good for the day.

Note: This thread is 4327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!